Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-09-2005, 06:37 PM
Passionate Fan

William Sadler HOT SEAT!

This is something that's become popular on several boards, and I'm sure we can have fun with it here! The point of the thread is to have fun while getting to know each other. Every seven days (hey, we're a small group!), a person will be chosen to be in the hot seat and the other posters get to ask him/her questions about themselves. To get things started, I'll throw in an extra few hours. Normally, let's run this from Friday to Friday!

This should be a great way for us all to get to know each other better! Which will be fun, or else very, very scary!

Because I am a brave, egotisical, and proably stupid soul, I'll sit in the hot seat first. And next Saturday, I will choose someone to replace me, then the following Saturday that person will choose someone else to replace them and so forth.

Does everyone understand? Does everyone want to play? Let's do it!!

Ms Carolyn begins toasting her buns ...

Proud to be a card-carrying member of the ACLU.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

Very interesting....well,I realize that outside of knowing you have a great sense of humor,I really know very little else about you. So,first thing that pops to my mind is "Do you have an occupation?"
Old 06-10-2005, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

The second thing is "What your favorite color" and Why?

Last edited by Berengaria; 06-10-2005 at 01:38 PM
Old 06-10-2005, 12:45 PM
Pav
Elite Fan

Do you like to travel?
Old 06-10-2005, 04:15 PM
Addicted Fan

Favorite quote?
Old 06-10-2005, 05:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berengaria
Very interesting....well,I realize that outside of knowing you have a great sense of humor,I really know very little else about you. So,first thing that pops to my mind is "Do you have an occupation?"
I do! In addition to the work I do for Mr. Bill, I am an administrative assistant and general techno-geek at a large Reform synagogue, where I have been known to refer to myself as "the Lone Gentile". Seriously, it's a great place and I love my co-workers, and my boss is a sweetie. And I can read Hebrew phonetically, although I only know the meaning of a very few words!

Old 06-10-2005, 05:31 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
The second thing is "What your favorite color" and Why?
Wow -- I love a variety of different colors, for different reasons and on different things. Right now, my favorite color is a pale, pale, more white than pink blush pink, because that's the color of the peonies that are just starting to bloom in my front yard. Peonies are so beautiful, it's enough to break your heart.

I suppose if I had to pick a "color for color's sake" though, it would probably be blue. It's soothing, and easy on the eyes. Although I would never paint a room that color -- too cold! But blue makes a very nice sky, and ocean, and lake, and dresses.

Old 06-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bency

Do you like to travel?
I love to travel, for a variety of reasons!

1) Generally when I travel, it's to see people I really enjoy being with

2) I love watching the scenery

3) Housekeeping is usually little to none. I like that!

4) ROAD FOOD! Road trips are the only true justification for eating nothing but fast food for the duration of the trip. I'm a junk food junkie!

5) I usually travel in the company of my S.O, and there is no company I enjoy more.

6) Relaxation. We tend to take trips easily, stopping where we want to just to see anything that looks like it might be fun.

7) New sites, new experiences. New friends!

8) Shopping!

9) Historical markers!

Old 06-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkieTheWeirdGirl
Favorite quote?
I have too many favorite quotes to list them all. However, a particular favorite of mine is this one:

"For all that has been, thanks. For all that will be, yes."
Dag Hammarskjold
Swedish diplomat (1905 - 1961)

Old 06-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Neat

So, of the trips (travelling) you've taken in the past.. do you have a favorite? Why or why not?
Old 06-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

Are you a pet person? If so,Cats or Dogs?
Old 06-11-2005, 10:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkieTheWeirdGirl
Neat

So, of the trips (travelling) you've taken in the past.. do you have a favorite? Why or why not?
We once did an extremely fun road trip that took us through Pennsylvania to New York. We visited friends of my S.O.'s in Pennsylvania, went on to visit Bill and Marni in NY for a few days, and then came back through Pennsylvania and stopped overnight to see some old friends of mine.

I had a FABULOUS time both trips I made to Los Angeles. The first time, I got to meet an online friend for the first time in person, and we both got to meet Rene Auberjonois for the first time (the rest is history -- see http://www.renefiles.com). The second time, I went to see Bill. I got to visit Roswell filming on location (Vasquez Rocks and the High Desert) and see a jeep pushed over a ledge and burst into flames -- twice! The rest of the time, we ate fabulous food, did a convention together, and sat up talking until 2 or 3 a.m. every night. That was very fun!

I've also travelled by truck to Mexico for a quincinera celebration, and pretty much every year I make a road trip to North Carolina to see my folks. And I enjoy it all. I really do love travelling!

Old 06-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Are you a pet person? If so,Cats or Dogs?
I am the ultimate pet person. We have 4 cats -- Julia Ellen, Louise, Cruiser, and Austin -- and 1 dog, Emma. At my office, I have a betta named Vern (A Purim Carnival survivor). At our heydey of animal insanity, we had 2 dogs and 7 cats. We've promised ourselves never to go there again, though!

So, I guess the answer to both of your questions is "Yes!"

Old 06-11-2005, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

Favorite childhood memory?
Old 06-11-2005, 02:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Favorite childhood memory?
My dad taking me to the Washington Zoo. It was off-season, a very quiet day, and we just took our time. I remember listening while he had a long talk with one of the zookeepers in the reptile house.