Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2015, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

Emilie/Colin #3: Because his name makes her laugh!

Welcome to the 3rd appreciation thread for the friendship between Emilie de Ravin and Colin O'Donoghue.

Fans:
01. Jakls
02. Giana
03. LilMouse
04. baelfire24

(ask to be added)

Previous threads:

Last edited by Giana; 03-03-2015 at 06:39 PM
Old 03-04-2015, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

TFTNT. Whenever they go to SDCC I expect her to laugh at his name. It's tradition.

Should the tweets from the last thread's OP be added into this one?
Old 03-04-2015, 04:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Should the tweets from the last thread's OP be added into this one?
They could be, but I just didn't want to put too many images in it because it would look so oversatured (and be a bitch to load )

From the last thread:
Quote:
If a person wants to sell Hook as a romantic option in fanfic, hey, go ahead. I've read tons of Sleeping Hook fanfics where he and Aurora are together. He's still an ass in the fics, but that's not canon. It's fan work.
If he had been in a relationship in canon with someone when he was still a huge ass, would you have been ok with that (like when he was with Milah, for example)?

I still love the idea of a@shole!Hook with Lacey, though

Quote:
Bask in the feels.
I am and I don't even care what certain people will say.

By the way, LOOK HOW PROUD OF BELLE HE LOOKS HERE (you see him start to smile a little in the last gif!

Last edited by Giana; 03-04-2015 at 05:42 PM
Old 03-04-2015, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
but I just didn't want to put too many images in it because it would look so oversatured (and be a bitch to load )
Gotcha. I won't put it in then.

Quote:
If he had been in a relationship in canon with someone when he was still a huge ass, would you have been ok with that (like when he was with Milah, for example)?

I still love the idea of a@shole!Hook with Lacey, though
If A&E wanted to put Hook with someone, she (or he) would have to be equally an assh__le. The only people I could see in a relationship with Hook on the actual show are Regina, Cruella, Maleficent, Whale, you know, the shady and/or evil people. Lacey could've worked, too. But once she turned back into Belle IDK if A&E have the talent to make that relationship work.

Basically, I didn't want to see Hook have to change into someone bland to be with someone. He had to change to be with Emma, and now there's no point to him.

Belle/Hook need to have more research times together. Too bad they can't get a detective spinoff. I'd watch again if it was them and a guarantee of no one with the DNA of Charming in it.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
The only people I could see in a relationship with Hook on the actual show are Regina, Cruella, Maleficent, Whale, you know, the shady and/or evil people.
Ngl, from the little we saw of them, I liked him and Milah together. He was still a drunken, bullying ass at the time. And being a pirate, he has probably killed people already. And he obviously cared for her very much still.

Quote:
Belle/Hook need to have more research times together.
I think they're supposed to have scenes again in the next episode, the one from those filming pics of them together in a field with...something spoilery, a few weeks back? I only care about their scenes tbh.

Quote:
Too bad they can't get a detective spinoff. I'd watch again if it was them and a guarantee of no one with the DNA of Charming in it.
What if Em/Colin did a different show like this, NOT as Belle/Hook?
Old 03-05-2015, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Ngl, from the little we saw of them, I liked him and Milah together. He was still a drunken, bullying ass at the time. And being a pirate, he has probably killed people already. And he obviously cared for her very much still.
I wish the writers had shown us more of them. From the little we did see, Milah was a boss. The crew was listening to her orders without complaint. I saw fans saying they wish Milah had become Captain Hook, and ever since I read that I've been disappointed that she isn't.

Quote:
I think they're supposed to have scenes again in the next episode, the one from those filming pics of them together in a field with...something spoilery, a few weeks back? I only care about their scenes tbh.
oh right, those photos where they're in the rain. I look forward to the gifs.

Quote:
What if Em/Colin did a different show like this, NOT as Belle/Hook?
It'd become my new favorite show. It'd be a pleasure to watch two people who actually have chemistry rather than being stuck with the chemistry sucker that is Captain Swan.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I saw fans saying they wish Milah had become Captain Hook,
I'VE BEEN LOVING THAT IDEA FOREVER! I, too, am also pissed that the writers didn't do it. Also, it would have had the Rumple/Hook enmity actually make sense and have some substance. AND Milah would probably have sympathy with/for Belle, rather than trying to kill her.

Quote:
It'd become my new favorite show.
It would probably end up being a comedy too, which makes it even better. USA Channel better look into it

Sorry for the hugeness, but the emotions on both of their faces

x
Old 03-05-2015, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I'VE BEEN LOVING THAT IDEA FOREVER! I, too, am also pissed that the writers didn't do it. Also, it would have had the Rumple/Hook enmity actually make sense and have some substance. AND Milah would probably have sympathy with/for Belle, rather than trying to kill her.
I mean, it's not that Colin is doing a terrible job as Hook. He would've been a terrific Hook if the writing was good, but Captain Hook being a woman could've been such an interesting twist. And you're right, the Rumpel/Hook feud could've been so much more interesting AND Captain Hook being a mother - since Hook notoriously hates children - to Bae would've been interesting to play around with.

Quote:
It would probably end up being a comedy too, which makes it even better. USA Channel better look into it
We need to write the USA Channel with this idea. I'd love to see them both do more comedy. I think they'd be so good at it.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I mean, it's not that Colin is doing a terrible job as Hook. He would've been a terrific Hook if the writing was good, but Captain Hook being a woman could've been such an interesting twist.
Colin could have played Smee! It would so be a twist done on Once to have Hook/Smee be in love, and he would still be playing an ass who would do Hook's/Milah's bidding. And he kidnaps young Bae so he and Hook could raise him together on the high seas. And this time, DO!Rumple would come to them to find Bae. What happens after that though, I don't know what would work. Obviously someone will have to die.

NOW I'M MAD THE WRITERS DIDN'T DO THIS INSTEAD!

Oh, about this past episode, and there was a little part that I loved. Before all these library scenes, Hook is walking to the library holding two cups of coffee. I love the idea of him buying coffee for himself and Belle everyday before work so they could slave over books and research boards and doing all the actual work of freeing the fairies (because if they hadn't, Regina would have had no idea what to do/how to do it with magic. Yet she got all the credit).
Old 03-06-2015, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Colin could have played Smee! It would so be a twist done on Once to have Hook/Smee be in love, and he would still be playing an ass who would do Hook's/Milah's bidding.
You don't understand how much I love this idea. Hook/Smee was one of my very first OTPs. I'm still bummed OUAt's Smee doesn't have a bigger part because he and Hook are supposed to be the closest.

Quote:
And he kidnaps young Bae so he and Hook could raise him together on the high seas. And this time, DO!Rumple would come to them to find Bae. What happens after that though, I don't know what would work. Obviously someone will have to die.
I want this! I want this! I want this! There have been so many wasted opportunities.

Quote:
Oh, about this past episode, and there was a little part that I loved. Before all these library scenes, Hook is walking to the library holding two cups of coffee. I love the idea of him buying coffee for himself and Belle everyday before work so they could slave over books and research boards and doing all the actual work of freeing the fairies (because if they hadn't, Regina would have had no idea what to do/how to do it with magic. Yet she got all the credit).
This actually makes it sound like Hook hasn't been completely useless. He should stick to research since it sounds, with Belle's help, he's decent at it.

Is it too much to ask for Hook to fall in love with Belle? He probably has more in common with her than Emma Wemma.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
You don't understand how much I love this idea. Hook/Smee was one of my very first OTPs. I'm still bummed OUAt's Smee doesn't have a bigger part because he and Hook are supposed to be the closest.
I barely remember what the Smee on the show even did.

Quote:
I want this! I want this! I want this! There have been so many wasted opportunities.
If I had any emotional connection to canon Hook, I would write a fic. But I don't. And I do like Milah, but not enough to motivate me.

In this scenario, though, who should die? Hook is the obvious choice because she's Milah and Rumple is mad at her, but at the same time, Captain Hook is the bigger character. Unless they pull an Arrow and have Smee decide to take up the mantle as Hook to avenge her, but I hate that idea because he would end up going downhill ala canon. And now I've thought this out way too much, wow. I just love the thought.

Quote:
This actually makes it sound like Hook hasn't been completely useless. He should stick to research since it sounds, with Belle's help, he's decent at it.
Not that I've been watching, but afaik literally the only thing he's done since S3 when he's not whining over Emma or being Rumple's pawn is be Belle's assistant. And he does like to read, so yea, he should stay in that role.

Quote:
Is it too much to ask for Hook to fall in love with Belle?
Unfortunately, yes. And even if he did, not sure if I would want her to reciprocate. Payback for him. Also, she can do tons better.

I really love the idea of Hook getting protective of Belle as a friend if/when Rumple starts stalking her though...because it will happen, knowing him.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I barely remember what the Smee on the show even did.
He didn't do anything except kidnap Belle when her dad asked him to.

Quote:
In this scenario, though, who should die? Hook is the obvious choice because she's Milah and Rumple is mad at her, but at the same time, Captain Hook is the bigger character. Unless they pull an Arrow and have Smee decide to take up the mantle as Hook to avenge her, but I hate that idea because he would end up going downhill ala canon. And now I've thought this out way too much, wow. I just love the thought.
I'd hate a woman dying for a man to take over her position.
Rumpel should be the one to die. Peter Pan could kill Rumpel for messing with Milah!Hook

Quote:
even if he did, not sure if I would want her to reciprocate.
She should definitely not reciprocate. I should be a thing like, you're a good research buddy but that;s it.

Quote:
I really love the idea of Hook getting protective of Belle as a friend if/when Rumple starts stalking her though...because it will happen, knowing him.
I alway thought Hook would try to get close to Belle to piss off Rumpel. That'd be the ultimate revenge.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Rumpel should be the one to die.
Yea, but I doubt the writers would kill him off that early. But this is fanon so. I guess no one could die and they all go on a quest to kill to each other out of pure hate.

Quote:
She should definitely not reciprocate. I should be a thing like, you're a good research buddy but that;s it.
Friendzoned! The ultimate revenge.

Quote:
I alway thought Hook would try to get close to Belle to piss off Rumpel.
Well yes, in S2 that should have been his revenge. I'm talking about now though, since Rumple is back in town and spoilers seem to indicate he will stalk Belle at least once. I'd like Hook to actually be a friend to her and at least warn her to watch her back.

So the person who made those Belle/Hook AU gifsets that were posted here awhile back, the ones where Belle was a prisoner of his, made another:

x

Check out gif 6. It's a manip but it actually looks like that's happening!
Old 03-07-2015, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I am so distracted by Belle's hair in the bottom gifs. It's terrible and I don't know why Lacey being a "bad girl" meant she couldn't style her hair better.

Quote:
spoilers seem to indicate he will stalk Belle at least once.
stalking is so romantic. we should all aim to be stalked /sarcasm.
Old 03-09-2015, 01:49 PM
Master Fan

Press release for next episode. Posting it here because:
Quote:
“Enter the Dragon” – In order to infiltrate the Queens of Darkness as a spy for the heroes, Regina must prove she’s still willing to get her hands dirty. Meanwhile, Emma, David and Mary Margaret scramble to keep tabs on their undercover operative. Hook requests an unusual favor from Belle as Henry makes progress on his search for the Author. In a Fairy Tale Land flashback, Regina befriends Maleficent and helps her to rekindle her lost spark, on “Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, MARCH 15 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.
I am intrigued!

Also, Victoria, both Aurora and Stefan will be in this episode!