Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2015, 12:23 PM
Master Fan

Oh god, the little smirk here is SO Rumple. @sshole, stop playing Belle...again.

Quote:
I have never seen Robert ever do in Rumbelle scenes.
I have to disagree here, because I have seen Robert play it, but the difference is that I felt like Emilie was actually responding to Colin's cues, even though Belle was confused. And it's nothing to do with looks, because all three actors are attractive, but the fact that it seemed more natural between these two and you can tell they have a great time working together. Plus, that eye contact. I still at that deleted scene from SD where Rumple was clearly trying to sort of seduce Belle over her shoulder, but meanwhile Emilie legit looked like she was trying to remember whether or not she left the oven on before she came to set or something. I even thought this back when I actually used to ship Rumbelle.

I don't think that really makes sense. I'll try to think of a better way of describing it and clarify myself later

I think a big part is that Robert doesn't like Rumbelle in the same the way the shippers do, so he plays Rumple's twisted need for Belle more than the love part (brilliantly, though). Heck, I bought Rumple's love for Cora more.

ETA:

x

They've come a long way from S2

Last edited by Giana; 03-17-2015 at 03:36 PM
Old 03-17-2015, 03:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giana (View Post)
I don't think that really makes sense. I'll try to think of a better way of describing it and clarify myself later

I think a big part is that Robert doesn't like Rumbelle in the same the way the shippers do, so he plays Rumple's twisted need for Belle more than the love part (brilliantly, though). Heck, I bought Rumple's love for Cora more.
I think I know what you mean. Especially the last paragraph.

I think that's where it lies with me. Even when they were happy, I guess because she isn't exactly given much else to do, I bought Emilie's Belle was in love with Rumpel but Robert never played Rumpel schmoopily. At best, I think he looked amused by her. I thought Colin was able to actually give Rumpel a bit of a down-the-rabbit-hole-in-love sense to him.

I agree and think Emilie is far more comfortable and responds well with Colin too. Not consciously (she adores Robert) but being mates with Colin adds another level to their character interactions.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wondered if the writers chose Hook to be the impersonated character - rather than Snow or Charming or someone else - because they wanted to give Colin/Emilie something romantic to play because they know they are great together, but can't put them together on the show because they've already established Rumbelle and CS.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

I think it's more likely because Belle and Hook are now friends, and Rumple knows that, so he probably wanted to mess up their friendship because he hates Hook and all that. I don't know, it would make less sense if it was Snow or Charming that he impersonated, imo.

It's also possible that the whole thing will come back, like Belle brings up the whole dagger/pirate oath thing to the real Hook and he's all "Wtf are you talking about? That's not how a pirate oath works" and Belle realizes that Rumple deceived her and took advantage of her trust yet again for his own gain.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

the whole pirate oath and dagger business SHOULD come back. I think good writers with a clear plan would bring it back.

Did Hook/Belle hide the dagger in 4A and that's why Belle wouldn't be suspicious of Hook asking about it?
Old 03-18-2015, 01:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Did Hook/Belle hide the dagger in 4A and that's why Belle wouldn't be suspicious of Hook asking about it?
No. Rumple knew she had it because that's how she banished him, and Hook did too, since that's how she saved his life. I guess that's why Rumple impersonated Hook.

Quote:
I think good writers with a clear plan would bring it back.
There are good writers, and then there are the writers of this show. Two entirely separate entities
Old 03-18-2015, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I can't believe a show about fairytales that can be so creative is not creative because of these writers.

they're doing everything wrong.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

They are flying by the seat of their pants. Literally!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 03-19-2015, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It must be fun for them.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:23 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sure the pay is good.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 03-19-2015, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

they don't deserve the nice check.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:34 PM
Master Fan

This is more Will/Hook but Belle was there too.

x

She's laughing a little in gif 3
Old 03-22-2015, 06:53 PM
Elite Fan

I loved that scene!!!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 03-22-2015, 07:38 PM
Master Fan

That was Belle's (and Will's) only scene, right?

Snark.

x
Old 03-23-2015, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I love Will. Hook is about 2 second away from whipping it out and showing how big he is.