Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That;s an excellent question and one I would love an answer to. I should've been informed of its closing. If there was weak ticket sales than surely they had seats available at other showings for me to choose.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

That's just bad all around what they did. It's too bad. Broadway is becoming too Hollywood having these big named stars in the productions that the smaller productions don't survive there anymore. I'm so glad our area isn't like that! We had Hugh yes...but most of our productions here actually extend the run, not end it earlier!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 01-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It is becoming very Hollywood. I'm torn between loving the fact that I can see famous actors in person performing and feeling bad for the smaller named actor who normally would've gotten the lead, but now has to play second or third fiddle to someone like Scarlett Johanson or Philip Seymour Hoffman.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Elite Fan

We are lucky here since we have a balance. We get big named actors but we also have smaller actors that do muscials here and both do well.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 01-07-2012, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hope it never changes for you.

I was listening to some of Darren Criss' leaked audio from H2S and I thought it was lackluster. There wasn't any pizzazz. I feel the producers hired him b/c he has the Glee following and they wanted to sell tickets rather than get someone right for the character.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:21 AM
Elite Fan

Oh ditto here. As much as I do enjoy the glitz and the glam, it really takes away from folks who have doing theatre all their lives instead of just getting a movie/TV star in.

I don't know the part that Daniel play so I can't comment. I do like Darren though, he is a good singer and dancer. So I can't be biased about him or Dnaiel. I like both.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 01-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It's sad that nowadays if you want to get anywhere you have to either make a fool of yourself on TV OR become an actor first and then branch out to the field you really want to be in i.e. fashion design, writing, directing.

The part Darren and Daniel play(ed) is Finch. He's the best manipulator you'll ever meet and a little sh++ but you still root for him. I didn't see Darren perform, only heard a handful of songs, but when I saw Daniel he had charm up the wazoo.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:37 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah it's really backwards now when it used to be you would start from theatre and work your way. Now it's peddling backwards. Ridiculous.

Well, I've only seen Darren perform in Glee and my friend saw a private concert with him at an old house and it was her first time seeing him period (she went with another fan) and thought he was a good performer. I don't know what he is like live.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 01-10-2012, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

And now all of Hollywood is winning Tony's.
One day all of Hollywood will follow the James Franco route and want to be on soap operas.

I actually managed to find video on youtube of Dan & Darren performing Brotherhood of Man. I don't think I'm allowed to post the links here considering it's not exactly legal.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:10 AM
Elite Fan

They acted together or two different versions?

Well, if the stars go the soap opera route, it will probably save the soap operas from being extinct since OLTL and AMC should be off the air soon. That leaves only three left. Also, James Franco's time will be ending soon...he is supposed to be killed off this week.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 01-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
They acted together or two different versions?
Two different versions. Dan's was from a year ago while Darren's was from a week ago.

Quote:
Also, James Franco's time will be ending soon...he is supposed to be killed off this week.
Although dead on a soap is never really dead.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:43 AM
Elite Fan

True, they are never usually really dead.

Did anyone watch the PCA last night? Kaley is a cute host...always perky. I love how NPH was in the opening too. He is everyone's opening!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 01-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I didn't watch it. Anything decent win?
Old 01-13-2012, 08:06 AM
Elite Fan

Harry Potter was the big win for movies and How I Met Your Mother seems to be popular for comedy since it won best comedy show and best comedy actor (Neil Patrick Harris).

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 01-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

for HP.

HIMYM is so popular. Is it really good?