Bwahahahahaha! That's hilarious.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 12-14-2011, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

and he'll be like "oh yea, her...I know her."
Old 12-15-2011, 07:25 AM
Elite Fan

Oh he won't say anything at all and just think you're weird. He doesn't say a whole lot, you have to initiate the conversation.

I went to see a Panto version of Wizard of Oz yesterday and it was hilarious. One of my favourite Canadian stage actors was starring in it. One of the girls I was with wish was to meet him so I took her to the stage door. She was thrilled when he came out, hugged me and told me that it's been too long. I introduced her and she was just so excited he shook her hand. It's hilarious!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 12-15-2011, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
He doesn't say a whole lot, you have to initiate the conversation.
oh no....I'm no good around quiet people. I have a hard time striking up conversation with normal people, so a famous person would be even worse. There's too much to say in a few seconds. Maybe my mom will find her voice.

Glad you had a nice night @ WOZ. What exactly is a Panto version?
Old 12-16-2011, 07:26 AM
Elite Fan

Just tell him you're a fan, you enjoyed his work, how you like Private Lives, how glad you are that he finally came to NYC etc etc etc. That's on safe grounds.

Panto is basically something they do in the UK/Australia which is taking a classic and modernizing it. So while it's called the Wizard of Oz, it doesn't follow the story completely. It's more like a spoof. Like Oz is actually Australia.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 12-16-2011, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Definitly am happy he's working in NY since he mostly stays in Canada.

So does it have a guy dressing up as a Scarecrow and Tin Man or they change that too?
Old 12-19-2011, 07:54 AM
Elite Fan

Well, he loves it in Canada and didn't really want to settle in the US. So it's nice that he is doing some Broadway even if it's for a short time.

Yes, there was someone as the Scarecrow and the Lion. The Tin Man (which is the actor I know who played him) was abit different. He was a miner who was put under a spell by the Wicked Witch and became a Tin Man. He followed Dorothy to protect her from the Wicked Witch because he was in love with her.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 12-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's understandable that he wouldn't want to leave his home country and family. It's too much of a disruption.

I always thought the Scarecrow and Dorothy had a thing for each other?
Old 12-20-2011, 09:12 AM
Elite Fan

Not in this version.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 12-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Too bad. I shipped them as a kid.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:31 AM
Elite Fan

Well, if you did that, you would like Wicked. In the movie version, I didn't really see alot of shipping there. In this version, I preferred the TinMan with Dorothy anyways. Besides, he was under a spell to become the Tin Man.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 12-21-2011, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I did see Wicked, actually. Years and years ago when the original cast did the show.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:31 AM
Elite Fan

Me too! And then I saw it like...uh, 7 times after that? A few times in Toronto, once in Chicago and another time in New Jersey.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 12-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm glad you saw Wicked 7x because that makes me feel less insane for seeing How to Succeed 4x. And I'm so happy because I got tickets to see John & Dan's last show on Jan 1st.