Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2012, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

And she has so much hair, too, so I want to put bows in her hair.

I want to see War Horse eventually. Did it make you cry?

I saw Death of a Salesman with Philip Seymour Hoffman and Andrew Garfield last night. The whole cast was great. I never read the play. All I read was a brief wikipedia synopsis. But everyone worked well together.
Didn't get a photo with Philip. Security said he left, which is crazy b/c after the curtain call my friends and I ran down to the stage door and were first behind the barricade, so that has to mean he was super quick. We got photos of Andrew, but not with b/c he doesn't take photos with people.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Elite Fan

Some actors are really fast, they split so fast. I think we had a case of that happening once, that they split so fast, we didn't know what happened. LOL! But I'm glad to hear it was good.

War Horse did make me cry!!! I am a sucker for these things.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 03-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I get bummed when actors skip out like that. Is it too much for them to sign playbills?
Old 03-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Elite Fan

Could be a number of reasons. Some actors have something going on at home. I see my friend at the stage door and sometimes he has his parents waiting at home or something. But because we are friends he usually says and I say ok...but strangers don't usually say!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 03-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I did hear Philip had the flu a few weeks back, so I guess not wanting to get sick again can be a reason for him skipping out.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:22 AM
Elite Fan

Well, it is possible he got the flu from someone who he met and then had to miss out on the shows because of that. It's a big chance when theatre actors meet with fans outside, if they come out even though they are sick as a dog, they could pass it along and the actor is too sick for X number of shows which they hate doing when the show and the fans count on them.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 03-07-2012, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
if they come out even though they are sick as a dog, they could pass it along
I imagine insane fans wouldn't care if their favorite actor got them sick.
It reminds me of when Daniel did Equus. He never missed a show. Even when he was sick, he still performed. So one night the jeans he wore during the play were auctioned off. I forgot how much it went for, but when he mentioned to the audience that he had been wiping his snot on his pants all night, the price jumped.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Elite Fan

Okay, that whole thing with the jeans is GROSS! But those insane fans will buy anything. If it is a cold and they have to sing, I can imagine they couldn't do the show. If it's talking, you might be able to get away with it. The flu is abit different, any given moment you want to barf, that ain't good!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 03-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Okay, that whole thing with the jeans is GROSS!
It really is gross. I love Dan, but I can't spend $1000 or more on snot jeans, a bowtie he wears during H2S or a book he uses during H2S. I believe it was a bowtie that went for $13K one night during the auction.

Quote:
If it is a cold and they have to sing, I can imagine they couldn't do the show. If it's talking, you might be able to get away with it. The flu is abit different, any given moment you want to barf, that ain't good!
I feel lucky to have never gotten the flu. I hope I didn't just jinx myself.
But even performing with a cold may be difficult if the play requires a lot of yelling or running around.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Elite Fan

I can't justify spending that much on a prop. The props I have now are ones given to me by friends from certain shows.

The flu is no fun. I've had it before. With a cold, you can withhold the yelling to a minimum. It may not be as powerful as it was originally. It depends on the severity of it.

I am abit nervous today, I got contracted by a magazine to be on the red carpet for photography. I'm not usually the person they have out there, I'm usually coordinating but now I'm pushed into it at our "Canadian" Oscars. The good part is, I may get to speak to Viggo, he is here in Toronto. So I guess we'll see how that goes!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 03-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I am abit nervous today, I got contracted by a magazine to be on the red carpet for photography. I'm not usually the person they have out there, I'm usually coordinating but now I'm pushed into it at our "Canadian" Oscars. The good part is, I may get to speak to Viggo, he is here in Toronto. So I guess we'll see how that goes!
That is a great opportunity and I wouldn't be surprised if it leads to other jobs. I'm sure you'll do great. And maybe you'll get kissed by Viggo?

Quote:
I can't justify spending that much on a prop
When I think about all the things I can buy with $13K --- a vacation, 2 wedding dresses, more than one computer, a few leather jackets --- it's insane that $13K was spent on one item that can only be looked at and not used.

Quote:
With a cold, you can withhold the yelling to a minimum
yea, with a bad cold there's no way all the yelling in plays like Death of a Salesman or Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf can be sustained.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:41 AM
Elite Fan

I did get a kiss from Viggo but later on in the back of the press room when he running out. I was one of the few people back there because I was reloading and he started at me, realized he knew me but it only led to him quickly saying hello with a kiss and wishing he could talk. Alot of the other actors I saw where Canadian. There may have been a few people knew - I did get to meet and shake hands with Jason Priestley. He looks good.

I know, I could buy so much with $13K and pay off some debt too! Sheesh. Plus, that's part of a downpayment on a condo or something.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 03-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I did get a kiss from Viggo

That's one kiss away from a marriage proposal

I was at a fashion show a few weeks back and the MC was trying to get people to donate money to Code Purple --- a charity that is trying to help with malaria. Anyway, he said some people in the front rows could easily donate $100,000 b/c it's like pennies to them. That made me so damn depressed.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Elite Fan

Ha ha. One kiss away from a marriage proposal, that's hilarious!

Wow, that's a good cause but man, that's alot of money! Well, at least it went to a good cause.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 03-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Ha ha. One kiss away from a marriage proposal, that's hilarious!
I do believe it can happen

yea, they had an American woman come on stage and talk about how she got malaria when she went to Africa. Her medical bill ended up being $1 million. It'd definitely a good cause and results are starting to happen.