Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2023, 10:20 AM
Total Fan

Ronald "Ron" Carver | Courtney B. Vance {L&O} #1

A B O U T
Ronald "Ron" Carver was an Assistant District Attorney.

He was named after George Washington Carver.

He graduated from John Jay College of Criminal Justice.

His interpretation and prosecution of the law is strict and unyielding, and he has little sympathy for people who break it, regardless of circumstance. This sometimes puts him in conflict with Goren, who has solved some crimes by empathizing with the criminals and has occasionally manipulated investigations so they get more lenient prison sentences than those which Carver wants to impose.

Carver is also frequently in conflict with all the detectives because they tend to rely on hunches and instinct, when he wants more hard evidence. Despite this conflict, however, he has a strong working relationship with both teams.

Few things have been revealed about his personal life, but he evidently has some experience with religion, as he can recognize and recite Biblical passages.

Though he wears a wedding ring, the only direct reference he has made to being married was during a particularly twisted investigation; after hearing all the gruesome details, he observed, "This makes me want to go home and kiss my wife".

He is anti-abortion.

He is anti-abortion and a fan of classic model cars.

H I S T O R Y
He worked in conjunction with Detectives Robert Goren, Alexandra Eames, Mike Logan, and Carolyn Barek of the Major Case Squad.

His nickname for Major Case was "Major Hunch", according to his successor Patricia Kent

The circumstances under which he left the D.A.'s office and ceased to have contact with Major Case were never made clear.

Carver was written out of Law & Order: Criminal Intent after Vance left the show at the end of its fifth season.

Carver was to be replaced by Patricia Kent. The part was originally given to Nona Gaye (Marvin Gaye's daughter), but she left the show within a few days citing creative differences.

Gaye was replaced by Theresa Randle, who herself only appeared in two episodes.

Vance first appeared on the original Law & Order series in a 1990 episode, "By Hooker, By Crook" as an unnamed Mayor's Aide.

He also appeared in the season 5 episode, "Rage". In that episode, he portrayed Benjamin Greer, a murder suspect interviewed and arrested by Detectives Lennie Briscoe and Mike Logan.

Appearing in 111 episodes, Carver is the second longest serving ADA in the Law & Order franchise, behind SVU's Casey Novak.

Last edited by B ē tt ⓨ; 06-17-2023 at 08:40 AM
Permanent 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 06:49 AM
Master Fan

I've claimed this OP so if anyone has anything they'd like to see added, please share!

Edited:

There was little to no history to find on Carver.

Last edited by B ē tt ⓨ; 06-16-2023 at 08:43 AM
B ē tt ⓨ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 03:26 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Really? How sad we need more

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 08:40 AM
Master Fan

I was able to track down more info and edited it in.
Old 06-17-2023, 02:52 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That is good

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-18-2023, 06:50 AM
Master Fan

I'm surprised at some of the bigger/longer lasting characters and the lack of info.
Old 06-19-2023, 12:29 AM
Graphics Team Manager

It surprises me too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-19-2023, 07:40 AM
Master Fan

I think we mentioned this on the Cragen thread, but lack of online forums at the start the series could have attributed to that.
Old 06-20-2023, 02:13 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That's true. Makes sense if that's the reason

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-20-2023, 09:01 AM
Master Fan

Surprisingly Wikipedia has more info than the Wiki Fandom!
Old 06-21-2023, 12:51 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I think Wikipedia is actually the better source

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-21-2023, 05:56 AM
Master Fan

Wiki Fandom tends to have more details TBH, at least for most characters, but for some of the older ones, Wikipedia has more. New VS Old.
Old 06-22-2023, 12:18 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That could be it, better source for the older characters

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-22-2023, 06:59 AM
Master Fan

I'll have to remember to check Wikipedia as well as Wiki Fandom. I've only been checking the latter.
Old 06-25-2023, 02:46 AM
Graphics Team Manager

It doesn't hurt to check both

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread