Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2023, 01:08 PM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Permanent 99 (View Post)
Hoping that wont be for a while but I believe it was last season where she said something about maybe ending it soon cause she keeps getting hurt.
What do you mean? Like... physically hurt or?
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
They'd be a bit foolish to try continue. She is the only reason many watch. Their ratings would fall a lot. They don't have a safety blanket of comfort to wrap people up in to try continue it without her.
It was hard enough to lose Elliott when Chris Meloni left the series and it's still hard to watch him on his own show and not have Olivia by his side. Olivia not in SVU would be show suicide.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 12:00 AM
Graphics Team Manager

They did well with his departure but losing her now, especially as they'd probably lose Ice-T too, would be too much. They'd need Chris to return to SVU to keep it going & that wouldn't work for OC. Or they'd need to get really lucky. Some shows can do it. But really don't think SVU could do it, not easily

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 09:36 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice choco (View Post)
What do you mean? Like... physically hurt or?
Yes, she was getting hurt on different sets and on vacation. Couldn't find the article but she was talking about now know how much longer she could go on with the show. I hope a few years at least cause I want a planned ending not one that's rushed or one this gives no closure.
Old 03-06-2023, 10:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
They did well with his departure but losing her now, especially as they'd probably lose Ice-T too, would be too much. They'd need Chris to return to SVU to keep it going & that wouldn't work for OC. Or they'd need to get really lucky. Some shows can do it. But really don't think SVU could do it, not easily
If the show is heading where it's been hinting, which is Olivia and Elliot together. If Liv leaves SVU, it seems like she would retire with Elliot, so it would just be the end of SVU.
B ē tt ⓨ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 10:55 AM
Total Fan

That's how she said she wanted it to end with her retired and having found love with whoever that may be, which if they do like it looks their planning to do it will be with El.
Old 03-06-2023, 11:37 AM
Master Fan

^^ Exactly. So if one leaves they both do is how I've interpreted the hints...
Old 03-07-2023, 12:25 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't know that he'd leave OC if she left SVU unless OC was struggling in the ratings or wasn't fun anymore.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-07-2023, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

^^ I don't think he'd leave OC either, but you'd mentioned in the previous comment that they'd need Chris to return to SVU if Mariska left, but I doubt that would happen was what I was referring to.
Old 03-07-2023, 11:23 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I was responding to your commented of "if one leaves, they both do". I also don't think they'd necessarily retire together unless they wanted to end OC or try it without him (which I don't think would work out either)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-08-2023, 11:43 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
therealmariskahargitay
We need MORE: Curiosity

Curiosity leads to compassion and empathy which leads to learning which transforms into growth which is a catalyst for change. Today, I’m hopeful, humbled, and celebrating ten years of #NOMORE. Our work is far from finished. But I am proud of how far we’ve come in this vital work.

We need #MORENOMORE to stop and prevent domestic and sexual violence. If you or someone you know is a survivor in need of help, you can go to the NOMOREDirectory.org and find local support services in more than 190 countries. @nomoreorg

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-09-2023, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by B ē tt ⓨ (View Post)
The epitome of female empowerment is Olivia Benson and Mariska is a class act in this role!
ITA

Love Mariska/Olivia. she's the reason that kept me watching

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
runawaaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 12:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I was responding to your commented of "if one leaves, they both do". I also don't think they'd necessarily retire together unless they wanted to end OC or try it without him (which I don't think would work out either)
I don't think we'll know until the end actually comes really. So who knows what will happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green (View Post)
ITA

Love Mariska/Olivia. she's the reason that kept me watching
Same! She's the reason I keep coming back for more!
Old 03-10-2023, 10:52 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Updated the OP with Betty's wonderful OP and banner!
Old 03-10-2023, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

OHH Thank you!
Reply   Post New Thread