Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2023, 10:35 PM
Graphics Team

Why do I feel that looks better on him than a police uniform?
Old 05-13-2023, 08:45 AM
Moderator Support Team

He looks good in both
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 08:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by - eternal sunshine - (View Post)
Why do I feel that looks better on him than a police uniform?
The Police Uniform feels 'restrictive' in ways.
B ē tt ⓨ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 12:57 AM
Graphics Team Manager

It is interesting rewatching an early episode (S3) & Elliot is in a position where he doesn't believe that women can rape a male. I wouldn't have thought it & don't remember that about this episode. Everything that the male says he wouldn't doubt if the roles were reversed. Even to the point where he says something about how an erection means the guy consented.

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 07:37 AM
Master Fan

^^ It's so backwards now.

But it comes down to the definition of rape and some take it as 'penetration'. So for a male to be raped, a lot don't believe it's rape because of that distinction. When in reality rape is a sexual act that is forced upon someone.
Old 05-15-2023, 01:33 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah the lawyer tried having that line too. Which is understandable when she was the one trying to get the women off. But Elliot & his strong feelings shocked me. I would have thought doing the job he would know better. Even if most men can't maintain the erection if they don't enjoy/as a fear response still doesn't mean all can't. Just because a man has one doesn't mean he enjoys it. It is simply the body responding to the stimuli. But I guess for the story it worked better to have one of them be not believing & this way it showed some of those attitudes (which unfortunately still exist) & reasons why males don't come forward. There was also a line on how there could be more males raped out there which aren't reported

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-16-2023, 07:09 AM
Master Fan

I think in earlier seasons, Elliot's character was supposed to be that 'American family fan' stereotype and he rejected stigma's, like the 'man cannot be raped mentality.

And as new cases happened he learned it wasn't okay to have those views. I don't believe he'd have the same views now as then as you grow with age and experience.

I do wonder if the writer's were trying to give him that jaded perspective on purpose to highlight the fact that those opinions do exist.
Old 05-17-2023, 12:41 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Ah maybe, don't remember that. But that'd add up with his attitude in the episode

Exactly & it is good to show how the detectives learn & grow with more experience

It is highly possible

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-17-2023, 11:17 AM
Master Fan

Most of the time the actors/producers are interviewed about the series but I would love to know from the writers why they chose to do some of the things they did with characters like that.
Old 05-18-2023, 12:15 AM
Graphics Team Manager

It might be on YT somewhere

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-18-2023, 07:11 AM
Master Fan

^^ Didn't think of that!
Old 05-19-2023, 02:01 AM
Graphics Team Manager

There actually does seem like there are some good things from the past out there on YT & things

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-19-2023, 07:47 AM
Master Fan

It's sifting through it all though.

There are a lot of times where I think I'm about to watch a clip and it's a 'reaction' video and someone giving impressions on a scene and you can't even see/hear the scene other than the person reviewing...so irritating as it's not labeled that way.
Old 05-20-2023, 12:38 AM
Graphics Team Manager

ugh those are annoying

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-21-2023, 10:33 AM
Master Fan

To the highest degree. It makes me not want to look for the videos but I know they're out there.
Reply   Post New Thread