Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2022, 03:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I like these pictures so much, they're always the Cosmopolitan ones. I wish they did more photoshoots like this!

https://gossipgirlcentral.tumblr.com...hotographed-by

airali_glo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 12:24 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Those pics are a lot of fun

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 10:29 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Yeah, so colorful and they all look good too bad they didn't have many more photoshoots like that, OG show had more group ones.

Old 11-06-2022, 02:33 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Photoshoots are a thing of the past in general now

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-06-2022, 02:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I noticed wonder why, it's always promotion for the show or movie or whatever. Especially now that everything must be posted as a pic, everyone is on Instagram and obsessed with photos. Maybe it's because people don't read and buy actual magazines like in the past? Still it's a silly thing.

Old 11-06-2022, 11:31 PM
Graphics Team Manager

No idea. Probably isn't worth the cost. They can just use filming pictures on social media so don't need the photoshoots

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-07-2022, 03:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

The OG GG had many and it was easier also to make fan arts

Old 11-09-2022, 12:40 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Even that I think in the later seasons had less. But it is more in the last 5-10 years that they've stopped. It makes (re)customising boards fun

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-09-2022, 05:50 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

OG GG also reused old pictures for the DVD covers (oh, DVDs...they seem like stuff of another era, now that everything is on streaming).

Maybe it was too expensive? It makes everything less fun customising boards must be the worst, but also making fanarts. You can't even use actors photoshoots because now they do them but looking so different from their caracters. The OG GG was better, like they weren't that different, I remember making Serenate wallpapers or fanarts in general with Blake and Chace photoshoots pics. It would be impossible to do the same for Aki and Max, for example.

Old 11-10-2022, 11:59 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah DVDs are another lost thing

I presume it is too expensive or isn't worth it. They wouldn't get their money back from it.

Yeah sometimes you get lucky & can use actors but other times no so much which sucks

Wish shows would realise fans still like to make arts & would like those pictures to be able to do so but we don't pay them so still not worth it for them

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-11-2022, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
I presume it is too expensive or isn't worth it. They wouldn't get their money back from it.
With networks like HBO though, I can't believe they have budget problems plus it's all advertising.
They take a lot of pictures for the group posters, but they never release them.

My NS arts are often more with actors pics than photoshoots or even scenes

Yeah, if only. It's funny though when they use arts made by fans as adverts on social media! It happened for some shows I don't watch. Like they maybe modify them a little and then use them.

Old 11-11-2022, 05:40 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah if they've taken the pictures I don't get not releasing them. But not taking them in general for money I understand

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-12-2022, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Me too, still...I wish they did especially now that we live on a word full of pictures everywhere, they can always find a way to use them.

Old 11-13-2022, 02:08 AM
Graphics Team Manager

You'd think so

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-27-2022, 01:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Three old pics from Rome, posted yesterday by Aaron Dominguez