Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2016, 03:31 AM
Passionate Fan

^I love reading your reactions, Slayerette89!
and I agree as much as I love Jess (in general) he has his own faults. He was not the best boyfriend Rory had but he redeemed himself. He worked his way up and proved that he is not the bad boy everyone thinks he is.

I guess Jess' storyline was a bit skewed since they were planning to have a show featuring Jess' life in California, too bad it didn't work out.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
I love both Gilmores, but is it really necessary for all of their exes to be in love with them forever and for them to almost always get everything they want (e.g. Rory and the college applications)?
I definitely thought it was a bit over the top for every single top college to accept Rory, and for her to have to choosen between both Harvard and Yale. Yeah she was super-smart, but so would a lot of other kids who were applying for those schools, Rory herself had been freaking out about how behind she was in that when Paris points out that they also need extracurriculars to help them stand out. I can buy some of those schools accepting Rory as she was obviously a very strong candidate, but it seemed O/T for every single one of the top schools in the country to accept her Especially when Paris got knocked back by Harvard, even though she was editor of the school paper and class president, as well as all of the community activities she'd taken part in over the years.
Old 11-17-2016, 02:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrellingTralk (View Post)
I definitely thought it was a bit over the top for every single top college to accept Rory, and for her to have to choosen between both Harvard and Yale. Yeah she was super-smart, but so would a lot of other kids who were applying for those schools, Rory herself had been freaking out about how behind she was in that when Paris points out that they also need extracurriculars to help them stand out. I can buy some of those schools accepting Rory as she was obviously a very strong candidate, but it seemed O/T for every single one of the top schools in the country to accept her Especially when Paris got knocked back by Harvard, even though she was editor of the school paper and class president, as well as all of the community activities she'd taken part in over the years.
Yeah but Paris' interview with the Harvard professors (or admin) went terribly. When she plays the recording for you, you can basically figure it out all on your own why she wasn't accepted. She sounded like an absolute mad woman.

As for Rory's acceptance into all of the top schools that actually didn't bother me. I found for the most part that Gilmore Girls was pretty good on making people work for their dreams and not always getting there or failing many times along the way. We see that with other things. It wasn't smooth sailing to even get to Yale. Rory's marks were definitely higher than Paris' as well. I mean, she wasn't even salutatorian. I'm pretty sure that was Brad (?).
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 10-07-2018, 09:51 AM
Elite Fan

Is it just me or did anyone else think Lorelai made a big deal about Jess not calling Rory and showing up at 7:30 to see Rory on a Saturday night after he just got finished working. It wasn't like he was partying or hooking up with another girl

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 10-07-2018, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
Is it just me or did anyone else think Lorelai made a big deal about Jess not calling Rory and showing up at 7:30 to see Rory on a Saturday night after he just got finished working. It wasn't like he was partying or hooking up with another girl
Which episode is that in? I faintly recall that but I'll have to go back and rewatch that scene to form a better opinion on Lorelai's reaction.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:06 AM
Elite Fan

It's the episode where Jess shows up at Rory's house and Lorelai tells him Rory is not there. She was at a hockey game with Lane

Old 10-08-2018, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I guess she already had an opinion on Jess and in her mind, that situation didn't help his cause. But I know what you mean.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

thanks Lindsay

Old 10-09-2018, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
It's the episode where Jess shows up at Rory's house and Lorelai tells him Rory is not there. She was at a hockey game with Lane
Ah right. Yeah, I agree with Lindsay. He played right into the Jess that Lorelai had in her mind.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Favorite S3 moment?
Old 10-10-2018, 03:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Lorelai's dream about Luke in episode 1 is still my favorite followed by Jess asking Clara if she wants to learn how to fly.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
Favorite S3 moment?
probably the 22.8 miles/you looked it up? scene

but also the 3x08 Rory/Jess gas pump kiss and "Jess are you a gigolo?"
Old 10-10-2018, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Those are all great!
Old 10-11-2018, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

My favorite s3 moment has to be Rory’s graduation plus Luke’s dream of Lorelai. What’s yours, Lindsay?
Old 10-12-2018, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Probably the LL moments mentioned and RJ ones that Allison mentioned.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread