Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2015, 11:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Watched the final 2 episodes. The season 3 finale is one of my favs.

Jess’ story was pretty boring. I understand it was for a backdoor pilot but it bored me. Rory didn’t even seem that sad he was leaving? That kind of bothered me. But I did like her phonecall to him in the finale. It felt like closure a little bit. “I think I may have loved you.”

Rory’s grandparents are so adorable, I love that they agreed to pay for Rory’s college. I hate that Lorelai always feels like there is strings attached. This was Rory’s decision.

Rory’s speech at graduation was so adorable. and Lorelai telling Luke not to get engaged. DFSDFDSFDSFD. SO CUTE.

SO EXCITED TO START SEASON 4!

eta:

Favorite/Least Favorite Character
Favorite this season was Rory. I think she grew up a lot and she was so relatable. I also loved Jess (even though he was a brat sometimes) Luke, Lorelai, Emily, Sookie, and Paris (also could be annoying) as well. Dean kind of grew on me too. I also liked Dave.
Least favorite was Jackson. I felt he was so whiney.

Favorite/Least favorite couple
Rory/Jess! Jess really started to bug me this season but I still liked their cute scenes and i think Rory made him better, despite how hard he fought it. I wanted more Luke/Lorelai. Dave/Lane were adorable too.
I didnt really have a least favorite this season, no one really bugged me. So thats good.

Fav/Least fav friendships
still the same ones from last season. rory/lorelai. paris/rory. lorelai/emily. also liked the interactions with jess/luke and luke/rory. when luke cried at the graduation that was so cute. sookie/lorelai are great too and glad they got the inn!

Favourite/least fav Storyline Arc:
favorite was obviously the ll stuff and the rory/jess stuff in the beginning of the season. also rory graduating and all the yale stuff.
least favorite was probably anything involving jackson or christopher. i dont like who lorelai reverts to when she's around chris.

Favourite/Least fav Episode
Favorite episodes were 301 premiere, 307 with the dance! so fun and i loved the rory/jess angst. 309 and 310 thanksgiving/christmas. 316. 319. 322 the finale <3
least favorites were probably 303 with the harvard family. 305 with the neighbor. 306 with the baby shower. 311

Most shocking moment? Saddest moment?
saddest was jess leaving and not saying goodbye to Rory. Also him not graduating.
most shocking im not sure. maybe the girls finally getting their inn? or rory going to yale instead of harvard?

What were you disappointed with?/what would you change/have done differently?
this show does a good job of natural progressing but i wouldn't have brought alex back probably. i would have moved luke/lorelai a bit faster. I'm still a little sad rory didnt go to harvard but i understand why. obviously disappointed jess left but it was good drama.

What storyline/relationship/character/etc. would you have liked more development for?
luke. we didnt see much of him this season i felt.

What do you want to see happen next year?
If I didnt know where it was going id have said:
-l/l's romantic storyline making quicker progress/ a kiss finally.
-more jess and him growing up.
-rory making new friends at yale/struggling with being away from home maybe?

How does this season compare to previous seasons?
Really great season. Felt similar to seasons 1 and 2. I think I still might have liked 1 the best purely because it was the start, but this one is very close behind. And then season 2 follows. All three seasons would get a 9 or 10/10 rating. Loved them all.

Last edited by Alexa; 11-29-2015 at 12:11 AM
Old 11-29-2015, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Awesome, Alex! I can't believe you're already finished with season 3! Thank you for giving us your thoughts on the season, I really do enjoy reading them.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

That's awesome that you finished S3. I really need to continue with my re-watch. I should do it during this winter hiatus.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

If it weren't for my X-Files binge watch, I'd join you.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I think I've watched through 2x12 or so.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:37 PM
New Fan

With my rewatch i'm now in the middle of season 3! So much stuff and so wonderful moments also in this season.
The date of Lorelai with Donald Draper now, is a shock for me xD he comes back for the revival? Ah ah
Then, the first introduction to the Yale-Harvard dilemma in the great episode with Richard and the Gilmore family at Yale.
The iconic dance marathon episode is a little cult for me! awesome to see again the begins of the Rory-Jess story but i love also that Dean is still around in the next episodes, is more useful now than before in the season 2, incredibile.
Can't wait for more.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Congrats on progressing through your rewatch! Haha, I doubt that we'll see Jon Hamm in the revival, he had such a small, insignificant cameo. Aww, the dance episode is a classic!
Old 06-13-2016, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I love the LL stuff in the dance marathon ep.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

The LL stuff was definitely a highlight for me in that episode.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

They had so many great friendship moments.
Old 06-19-2016, 02:28 PM
New Fan

3x12.
The great Billy Burk as Alex, the new guy of Lorelai.
Honestly i forgot all about his character future on the show...is good to do a rewatch.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yeah. He had such a small part. It is nice to do a re-watch though. You discover things about the show that you forgot.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

It's funny y'all are talking about him because I was just noticing the same thing the other day when I watched his episode. I had totally forgotten he was in the show!
Old 06-26-2016, 02:29 PM
New Fan

With my rewatch i passed other two masterpiece chapters.
The flashback episode with the young Lorelai and Christopher is a masterpiece, perfect reflection of the Gilmore past and future and... we see for the first time G.G.
Then an other important episode dedicate to the Rory-Jess relationship with Jess at the friday dinner with Emily and the first fight with Rory and the Swan(xD)
Old 06-26-2016, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

It was interesting to see a young Lorelai.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread