Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2004, 06:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by A. B. Normal
It's called contrivance.
Especially considering that when Rory's cell rings, at the house, she seems to have Caller ID. (It's obviously Dean, and that's why she doesn't answer).
Old 09-22-2004, 06:29 PM
New Fan

Alright I guess I'll add my 2 cents into all this as well along with everyone else. I must say I loved the premiere ep and man did I miss this show over the summer.

First of all, I loved how we got to see the moments right before Lorelei found R&D in bed. It was a great perspective and I really enjoyed it. I mean it was so true, Dean would stand there and eavesdrop. I also enjoyed seeing that Rory wasn't "little miss perfect" but she is being such a jerk! Hopefully her time in Europe will straighten her out....

The whole fight btw. Dean and Lindsay just showed us how Dean was lying when he told Rory that both he and Lindsay knew the marriage was over. She is obviously still trying to make it work. On the other hand, he's trying to start fights b/c he knows what he did was wrong.

Luke & Lorelei though, everything was perfect there. My favorite line with them was "It was a great kiss. If one of us had been a frog, it would have had some seriously impressive consequences." Can't wait til next wk!

Emily and Richard were great as well. I cant wait to see this storyline play out more. Plus they gave us the best exchange of the night.

Richard: Only prostitutes have two glasses of wine with lunch!
Emily: Well, then, buy me a boa and send me to Reno because I am open for business!
IrishB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 06:31 PM
Supreme Fan

One of my favorite lines of the episode was Lorelai's, "...affair-sorry, wrong word choice", or something like that. Hilarious. Love her.

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
* Kay * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Absolute Fan

I forgot about that line...that was so funny!

SJ ~ Leave the Keys
Yankees...How you doin....How how you doin?
fan1bsb97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 06:33 PM
Supreme Fan

I know, I was all, "take that, Whory!"

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
* Kay * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 06:38 PM
Absolute Fan

It's the little lines like that that go unnoticed...I'm glad you made me remember it....classic.

Stupid Rory...ARGH!
Anyone else think that when Dean says "What was I thinking" in the promo, he was talking about getting married?

SJ ~ Leave the Keys
Yankees...How you doin....How how you doin?
fan1bsb97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 07:15 PM
Extreme Fan

The line I like although it is in one of my least favorite scenes was when Rory is talking to Lane and Lane asks where it happened. "Miss Patty would be so proud."

Because she would and it was funny.

And I liked Emily's bit about the police blotter because in college it was like Heroin. Everybody got the '**** on wednesday to read the blotter.

I'm still not seeing Emily take off her skirt but at least I finally got that the skirt had her stuck... and I think that she probably wouldn't have climbed out the window after the skirt got stuck except Richard was coming and she didn't want to be caught stuck in the window because some things are just too low for Emily Gilmore.

People's points about Lane make a lot of sense. I think it will be interesting to see how Lane's reactions to the Rory/Dean affair evolve. If they break up and Lane goes "oh thank god" because pretending to be supportive was killing me... well, I can see that.
bybrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 07:18 PM
Master Fan

Cellphone thing

I was just thinking that maybe Dean doesn't have Rory's name programmed in his phone. Because remember in season 4 Dean tells Rory that Lindsey doesn't want him seeing her anymore. So maybe he just has her number memorized or has her name under an alias. Maybe when the phone rang the name that popped up was "Taylor" or maybe it was just "555-5555." And Lindsey wouldn't know what Rory's cell number is anyway.

I think Dean probably has all the areas covered (that he can think of) so that Lindsey won't find out. Too bad he isn't better at hiding that letter. Well not too bad, I think he deserves whats coming, but you think he'd be more careful..
Mots15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 07:52 PM
Loyal Fan

They'll probably argue that he wanted to get caught.

I loved the camera work in this ep. Great steady cam, great angles. I felt like I should be watching this in wide screen. the direction of this ep was awsome.

Ok, but can I just say this: and people thought Jess was a jerk? Ugh

"We’re gonna raise the level of public debate in this country, and let that be our legacy."

To The West Wing
Jewls13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jewls13
Ok, but can I just say this: and people thought Jess was a jerk? Ugh
Doesn't mean Jess wasn't ever a jerk. Just means at the moment Dean's being a bigger jerk.
A. B. Normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 08:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think Dan and Jess are both jurks I want Rory to find a nice guy. Like Marty.
mandypandy1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

Lilac- I completely agree. Although I don't like what Rory's doing, I still think it's great to see her image change and make mistakes and deal with the consequences. It's opening the door for a lot of conflicts and changes in her relationships with people and maybe her perception of the world. It'll obviously change how Lorelai sees her and how others see her.

I just love her plot. It's great to see Rory get a storyline of substance and mix up her world a little.

daydreamer4- I agree with you about the Rory/Dean opening scene. I found ther conversation cute and enjoyable. It would be better if he weren't married, and I do wish he weren't, but it was funny and seemed very in-character for both.

Last edited by RoxyBlueGirl7; 09-22-2004 at 08:26 PM
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 08:28 PM
Passionate Fan

You know what I realized?

Thanks to JET! we got the beginning, 'the moment that changed everything' promo and towards the end of it when Luke says he's all in, ORIGINALLY we all though Lor was smiling, but turns out she's actually laughing, and it better be a good laugh, she better not ruin it and say dirty! even though it is pretty damn dirty.

Check it out!
ocdwithlhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 08:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I thought the scene was actually very realistic...Dean and Rory were very "Dean and Rory" when you think about it. I enjoy them as a couple and even though they should not have done what they did, I understand why these two characters could not deny what has been building for years.
I disagree that it was something that was building for years. Rory did not love Dean once she fell for Jess. She never stopped liking Dean, but she never felt passionate toward him. That is why so many of us think this thing with Dean came out of left field. Add to that the total lack of chemistry between Alexis and Jared and what seems to me to be emotionlessness on Rory's part and we are left hating this storyline. I also do not buy the romantic crap of always feeling something special for your first love. Just can't buy it. Rory could say she loves Dean a million times, but her body language convinces me otherwise.
LynnieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 09:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LynnieV
I disagree that it was something that was building for years. Rory did not love Dean once she fell for Jess. She never stopped liking Dean, but she never felt passionate toward him. That is why so many of us think this thing with Dean came out of left field. Add to that the total lack of chemistry between Alexis and Jared and what seems to me to be emotionlessness on Rory's part and we are left hating this storyline. I also do not buy the romantic crap of always feeling something special for your first love. Just can't buy it. Rory could say she loves Dean a million times, but her body language convinces me otherwise.
Amen sister friend!
(nice to see you here)

"We’re gonna raise the level of public debate in this country, and let that be our legacy."

To The West Wing
Jewls13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread