Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2004, 12:33 PM
Passionate Fan

hee hee hee. I love doing this. Again, I cannot give you the full line by line recap, but I'll do the best I can.

Lorelai calls Luke at the diner. He answers it but can barely hear her because the diner is so busy. And it is. People are clamoring to get their orders and Ceasar is rapidly putting food out to be picked up. Lorelai says she wants to talk and asks if he can go somewhere quiet. he asks where and she suggests outside. Luke tells her the phone doesn't stretch that far and she inquires about the cell phone Nicole got him. He tells her Nicole got it in the divorce, but he actually threw it in a lake. Meanwhile, Davey has started screaming at the Inn and now Lorelai can barely hear Luke. Luke takes his phone into the stock room and Lorelai takes her's into the closet.

Luke mentions Lorelai wanted to talk and kind of gets this look on his face like, "Oh god, here comes the 'Let's just be friends' spiel." Lorelai slides down onto the floor and comments that she realizes she was a little distracted the night before. Just then, she notices PauPau next to her, eating one of Taylor's shoes. Luke tells her it wasn't a big deal. Lorelai, still a little thrown by PauPau, stammers out it was a big deal. Luke starts to say, "You don't have to-" but she interrupts him with a coy "We kissed." Luke doesn't say anything-just smiles. Lorelai wonders why he's not saying anything and says, in a "Hello? Are you there?" tone, "You and me? We kissed?" Luke replies, "I remember."

Lorelai says the kiss was unexpected and Luke tells her that he's perfectly alright with it if she wants to forget the whole thinge ever happened. Lorelai assures him she doesn't want to forget, because it was a great kiss. Luke, shy but happy, says, "yeah?" Lorelai says if one of them had been a frog, there would have been impressive consequences. Luke suavely drawls out an "ok." (Ed: I really cannot do it justice how well Scott delivers those simple lines.) She asks what he thinks and he tells her he's really relieved she feels that way. Lorelai, huge smile on her face, asks if Luke concurs. Luke, smiling, replies, "Dear god yes." She suggests they'll talk about it later and he suggests talking about it tonight. She agrees and he thanks her for calling. She says it was her pleasure and they hang up, both with smitten looks on their faces. Lorelai looks at PauPau still gnawing on the shoe and tells him he better finish the whole thing.

"Normal people make a living. The deranged make history"-Chris Titus
Gaelicmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 12:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

GREAT Re-Cap!
Anyone know where I can download the epi?, or is it too soon?
Old 09-22-2004, 12:49 PM
New Fan

Okay my rundown is like this. I never liked Lindsey because, face it, she's not good wife material. However, I did feel bad for her because no one deserves to be cheated on...twice for that matter. Once was bad enough but to do it again? You know it's wrong by then! And is it just me or is Rory turning really bratty? Wow I almost wanted to smack her for Lorelai. Emily without a skirt just cracked me up. That was definitely the highlight for me. Sookie was great. I loved her whole table fantasy. And I'm so glad Luke and Lorelai are finally in a relationship. I think they're very cute together. And, as hot as I think Jared is, Dean needs to go.
lilcutie332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 01:25 PM
Total Fan

I think Rory is being a typical teenager.....like Lorelai mentioned....she's a little late on that stage...but she never needed to assert her independence before....

Lindsay is trying so hard....but I bet she already knows its a lost cause. They are all so young...just too early for all of this drama. This should be playing out more like high school when all of this really goes on. But this is better....finally making Rory face herself, her actions and Lorelai in true mother mode.

Luke's character really came through last night....it's good to see him happy, hopeful and so besotted....finally....and Lorelai too.
~~ CherylS ~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 01:44 PM
Passionate Fan

Rory and Dean... I don't like it really... I wasn't sure how I felt about them together until I saw Lindsay actually making an effort. And the scene where she presented the roast had me giggling.

But as to Lane and Rory's talk, I think that's what Rory needed. Because Lorelai spoke her mind... but I feel like she shouldn't have tried so hard to make Rory talk about it. If she had let it be, even though she felt it was wrong, maybe Rory would have come to her.
Lane let her say her piece, and at the end they came to the married bit.

The rest of the show... Oh god. I'm so glad that it can still make me feel the way I did in S1.
Luke and Lorelai... I don't have to swear at the television anymore, because they're together now. And so cute. And ahhhhh. Someone said it best above - Sookie is US.
Emily and Richard... I know a separation isn't suppose to be funny... But when Emily climbed out the window to spite him, and took off her skirt in the process.

And I can't remember what was in the previwes for next week, but I know something made me really mad/upset/similar emotion.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:09 PM
Absolute Fan

OK from a 19 year old perspective...

Honestly, some of my friends, are for lack of a better term, ****ty. And though when I was 15 and then were having sex with 23 year olds, I thought it was wrong, they believed it was love, so I smiled along and tried my best to be supportive. And though I did yell at them at first, at this point, I give up...maybe Lane thought about it after Rory left.

SJ ~ Leave the Keys
Yankees...How you doin....How how you doin?
fan1bsb97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 02:25 PM
Passionate Fan

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but did anyone else think Emily was acting just like Lorelai at 16 when she was climbing out the window to get out of the house?

"Normal people make a living. The deranged make history"-Chris Titus
Gaelicmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 02:27 PM
Passionate Fan

I really enjoyed the premiere. I think it was one of the most realistic episodes in the history of the show.

We are finally seeing Rory Gilmore is not perfect. She makes mistakes. She is not always going to be that doe-eyed, sweet, perfect 15 year old we were first introduced to. Her mind does not always win out over her heart. As much as it was wrong for her to have slept with Dean, he was and is her first love. You are not always able to resist what you want and love most...this makes Rory human.

I actually love seeing Rory struggle with her mind and her heart. The same with Dean...he is not perfect. They are only 19 and have loads of mistakes in front of them. They are not those innocent teens that fell asleep in Ms.Patty's studio or watched Willy Wonka. They are becoming adults and are more and more tempted by desire and yearning.

Lindsay does not deserve to be cheated on but unfortunately, this type of thing happens often and people are hurt and heartbroken. It makes for great television drama.

When you're as well behaved and adored as Rory, it is a big shock to someone like Lorelai when she finally acts out. Most girls do this when they are 14 or 15 but maybe Rory was not ready to makes waves in her own life and with other people when she was younger.

I thought the scene was actually very realistic...Dean and Rory were very "Dean and Rory" when you think about it. I enjoy them as a couple and even though they should not have done what they did, I understand why these two characters could not deny what has been building for years.

I cannot wait to see what the show has in store for Rory's character. Her layers are being delved into and it makes her a more interesting and dynamic character.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:41 PM
Total Fan

Amen to all of that!! Realistic indeed.....

And I'm still thinking that Dean is Rory's 'Christopher'....same situation...same reaction....she is her mother's daughter!!
~~ CherylS ~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 03:18 PM
New Fan

Thanks!

Thanks GaelicMaiden for the recap.
You're an angel!

Does anyone know if the wb is running an "easy view" of this episode on sunday?
pcdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 03:28 PM
Extreme Fan

I can't even remember the last time I posted here.

Just curious, anyone else wonder why Dean's phone didn't have caller ID, allowing Lindsay to see who was calling? Even my cheap ass cell phone will tell me the number. Even more so, I'd assume that Dean would've had Rory's number programmed in, which would've meant her name would've came up...
Old 09-22-2004, 03:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by alylynn
Just curious, anyone else wonder why Dean's phone didn't have caller ID, allowing Lindsay to see who was calling? Even my cheap ass cell phone will tell me the number. Even more so, I'd assume that Dean would've had Rory's number programmed in, which would've meant her name would've came up...
yea i was definitely wondering about that, thought it seemed a little strange.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by musicalxchaos
yea i was definitely wondering about that, thought it seemed a little strange.
It's called contrivance.

Anyone else notice the myriad of new producers in the credits? Bill Prady, new co-executive producer. He's written for sitcoms for the most part (Caroline in the City, Good Morning Miami, Dharma and Greg - all shows that have a Lauren Graham connection by the way!). Interesting. Especially since the episode was chaulk full o'dramacakes.

Last edited by A. B. Normal; 09-22-2004 at 04:44 PM
A. B. Normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 04:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

I mostly agree with A B Normal's recap, but...maybe because I wasn't watching with full attention, but I didn't really care for this episode. I guess mostly because of all the Rory drama (and, really, if it was just Lauren's show, I'd be much happier), but the Loreli's parents seemed to have a dorky scene. And, yeah, if Lauren isn't in the scene with the townies, like...bleh.

Of course, the L/L stuff was gold. Go Luke, go!! He was perfect (barely) flusteredLuke on the phone messages. And when Rory's father shows up...that should be some juicy drama.
JakeTheLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 05:32 PM
New Fan

Anyone know where to find an epsiode description in detail??
howeirdstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread