Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2004, 12:05 AM
Extreme Fan

Check the JJ thread. fan1bsb97 (JoJo) posted stuff about the show.

~ ILY #60 ~ WYMM #14 ~ LL #1 ~ SPSY #18 ~

My Story. My LJ. My Fics. My Pics.
oywllalrdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 12:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

I just have to say I loved it. It the scean where Emily goes out the windo is hellours. Man can you believe how big Michele's dogs where gee Papa looked like a bear cub. I thought the way Rory was being to Lorelai when they where at the airport was mean but at the same time Lorelai was acting like a teenager. I especially love the LL moments though. Well I am going to go watch it agin.
mandypandy1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 12:09 AM
Passionate Fan

Perfection. A+. What else can be said?
"...with Mardi Gras I kinda have a problem cause you see, I dont like to be topless no dont give it away for free...I guess thats just me. Oh Ellen I don't wanna show my melons just for a string of beads!" - Lauren Graham singing and playing piano on The Ellen Show
ESipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 12:09 AM
New Fan

I thought it was a great episode....I loved the ending!!
Twilight7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 12:11 AM
Cotton Candy

That was an AMAZING premiere! It's the best one I've seen since Season 2! I had a smile on my face throughout.

I like how the episode started--it was interesting seeing everything from Rory and Dean's perspective. That whole storyline makes me uncomfortable, but I'm glad that ASP went down that road, because it makes for compelling television. I'm also very disgusted with Rory and Dean and I hope that ASP finds a way to redeem Rory's character at some point. I can't see it happening any time soon though.

I thought Emily and Richard were hilarious in this episode! They're storyline is a dramatic one, but ASP always finds the humor in difficult situations and I love her for that. Emily climbing out the window in her stockings was classic!

Now for the main event: Lorelai and Luke! Could they have been written any better? I think not. Everything that happened between them tonight was just...there's no word for it, but something great. Luke's messages were so adorable! I love that their chemistry is flourishing and that dynamic between them that we all love is still there, which is usually tough to maintain. Once two characters get together, people often lose interest in them, because they just stop being interesting. I don't see that happening AT ALL with Lorelai and Luke. If anything, they're more interesting than ever! Plus, they're going to be apart for a bit, so the tension between them will only build I LOVE these two! They are, hands down, my all-time favorite fictional couple!

This season holds a lot of potential and I'm sure that it won't disappoint.

Next week's episode looks really intriguing--I don't think I can wait another 7 days!
Old 09-22-2004, 12:14 AM
Extreme Fan

Here's my take on the eppy:

Just when you thought Rory and Dean couldnt mess things up even more, they end up having sex....again...and in Miss Patty's studio(?). I'm done with these two. Rory's behavior in this episode was childish. If she were a real adult, she would talk to Lorelai woman-to-woman instead of acting like a bratty 5 year old. Dean wasnt any better. Why are you yelling at your wife for picking up your cell phone? What makes you think you have the right to say that she's disrespecting you? You just cheated on her a few hours ago loser.

As for Lane, all I could do was stand there and yell at the television screen. As a friend I wouldve told Rory straight up that she's wrong. I would not be sitting their acting like her and Dean sleeping together is "sweet". As Lorelai said in this episode (not in these exact words) a real friend would tell you when youre doing something wrong and try to figure out a way to help. What did Lane do? Absolutely nothing.

There werent a that many L/L scenes, but I enjoyed them all. I really loved the last scene when Lorelai was listening to her answering machine. Words cannot describe how happy I am about these two. I cannot wait until next Tuesday.

Ok I'm done.

EDIT: The Emily/Richard scenes were nice too.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:14 AM
Cotton Candy

Quote:
Originally posted by haddyboy2
I also thought it was ironic that their second time was at MIss Patty's Studio. That is where they fell asleep after Rory's Dance, and everyone thought they might have had sex.
I thought the same thing...a nice bit of continuity there.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:18 AM
Cotton Candy

Quote:
Originally posted by * Kay *
Oh, I forgot about Lane.

What kind of best friend is she? She was gushing, and acting all, "aww, you guys are so cute", when, hello, she should have been telling Rory what a huge mistake it was. Rory asked for her advice, and, Lane had none to give. I am very disappointed in Lane's behavior.
Ditto. I was like "Huh? Did you forget that he's married?". Besides that, if my best friend and I were both virgins and she lost her virginity, I would probably be a little uncomfortable. Lane wasn't at all. I was really puzzled by her behavior tonight as well. She was funny in that scene though, you have to give her that.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by oywllalrdy
Check the JJ thread. fan1bsb97 (JoJo) posted stuff about the show.
thanks...going there now..

LUKE: I can be a movie guy. You like movies.
Mari-BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 12:20 AM
Cotton Candy

Oh and how adorable was Sookie's reaction to Lorelai and Luke? I was giggling right along with her and Lorelai, hehe.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by DCreekFreak
Oh and how adorable was Sookie's reaction to Lorelai and Luke? I was giggling right along with her and Lorelai, hehe.
OMG I loved Sookie in this episode. I was rollin when she said she imagined them kissing on a table and asked if they had sex.

Did anyone else feel bad for Luke in the beginning of the show? He looked like he really wanted some alone time with her but with Kirk and Taylor it didnt happen. He needs some lovin...real soon.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:38 AM
Elite Fan

Don't care about LL.

I really enjoyed seeing the finale scenes from Dean's perspective. It was interesting watching him listen to them. The bed scene was also amusing. Although I do think their actions were wrong, the song part did have me giggling.

I was a little surprised Rory told Dean she loved him, but I did kind of expect her to say that if he told her that. After her first season single, she probably just wanted his security and to feel loved. She just seems in love with the idea of Dean -- his security, his love, their history.

It was interesting to see Lindsey after Dean told Rory that they were both unhappy in the marriage and that it wasn't going to work. Clearly Lindsey wants to make it work and wants to make Dean happy. He was being such a jerk to her. I'm not a huge Lindsey fan, but no one should be treated like that -- by her husband, no less. It would be great if they could make it work, but at the same time, I hope she does drop him because she doesn't deserve to be treated like crap and cheated on.

I'm still not convinced Rory realizes that Dean is married and what she did was wrong, but I hope her time away from Stars Hollow and Dean will help her see everything. I definitely don't believe shipping someone off will change the person, but it would be nice to see her at least realize that they were wrong and that Dean is still married. She needs to take that much responsibility.

I was surprised by how excited Lane was for Rory. I was expecting her to want to know the details, but to support Rory and really believe she loves Dean? I was just..expecting something different from Lane. I hoped for a different reaction.

Also loved the Lorelai/Rory conflicts. It's time those two had some real fights like mothers and daughters. I'm looking forward to seeing them deal with what happened and work through their fight.

I'm also really excited about seeing what this trip does to Rory/Emily's relationship and if it affects either's relationship with Lorelai.

Emily and Richard's separation isn't a surprise, but I'm also looking forward to seeing how things work out between them.

Last edited by RoxyBlueGirl7; 09-22-2004 at 01:55 AM
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 12:42 AM
Passionate Fan

Episode was fine. At times seemed slow with it's dramatic timing slightly off. But was pretty good overall.

Few comments.

1) Off topic but smug WB announcer guy needs to go. Anyone else sick of him?

2) Rory was holding on to that blanket way too tight as if she really didnt want to be there. Except she did. Which I guess means Alexis found the scene a bit awkward and/or the director needed to tell her to loosen up a bit.

3) Dean on the other hand looked calm and contented with his "I just bagged me a virgin. Tee-hee-hee!" smirk.

4) Rory/Alexis still can't sing but it was a better stab at it than before.

5) How did Rory get all that stuff on so quickly. Wouldnt it have been faster to rush on a tshirt and pair of jeans?

6) Grandparents break up. Which means Richard is free for Paris. Now only if we could just be rid of Asher.

7) Rory sleeping with Dean again? No surprise. She has the "open vacancy" sign up for him so there is going to be seconds.

8) Lane is excited for Rory. This could be a sign of things to come as our heroine is celebrated as a hero for being the homewrecker she is. I'd ask since Lane is so gossipy isnt telling her a bit dangerous since hse might blab it out, but previews indicate Rory does it all by her own little black-hearted self.

9) Lindsay was just pathetic trying to dote on her ungrateful surly husband. Is it just me or did it seem like this wasnt the first time Dean threw a violent tantrum and she meakly apologized to shut him up?

Leave now Lindsay. Even without the cheating he is bad news.

10) Rory was being her bratty little self towards Lorelai.

11) Rory is tricked into going to Europe for the summer again. Poor girl. Can the Gilmores adopt me?

12) Writing a letter to Dean? You've got to be kidding me. No one gives ANYONE a letter in the 21st century unless they intend to be caught. Simple question. Is Rory evil or is Rory really stupid? Or is it both?

Or was the Star's Hollow newspaper asking too much for a full page ad?
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 12:45 AM
Cotton Candy

Quote:
Originally posted by germ881
OMG I loved Sookie in this episode. I was rollin when she said she imagined them kissing on a table and asked if they had sex.
So was I!
Old 09-22-2004, 12:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by germ881
Did anyone else feel bad for Luke in the beginning of the show? He looked like he really wanted some alone time with her but with Kirk and Taylor it didnt happen. He needs some lovin...real soon.
He knows her so well and knows that she could easily be freaking out. He needed to see her face and have it comfirmed that everything was all right. She didn't give him that comfirmation and that made him prepare for the worse. I am so glad that everything changed when they talked later.

I just loved the body language in that first scene with Luke and Lorelai. You could tell by his motions that he wanted to take her in his arms and do the things that Sookie was talking about.

Pam
haddyboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top