Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2004, 08:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

wow i didnt know that.. i cant imagine Liza as Rory.. But liza as paris is just great... thats definitely the best role the writers could have created

BTW whats your name?

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 05-21-2004, 01:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ilovetheshins
Never noticed how endowed she was either. Imagine what a different wardrobe would probably have been created had they never found Alexis, and Liza did end up playing the original Rory. I doubt this current preppy, clean image would be Rory's style of clothing.

Personally, I'm so glad things didn't end up that way, because Liza brings an awesome portrayal of Paris (who may have never been conceived, if Liza had gotten the part of Rory) to the screen.
I'd predict that LizaRory would have a more bohemian style of clothing that preppish, and the character would have much more sarcasm to bounce off Lauren and the rest of the cast. Just the one scene towards the end of last season where Paris and Lorelai hug show that . I think there would've been a different love interest for her too, I wouldn't be too far off if I'd say she would've vetoed Jared because he's just not in the high league of Liza's acting ability.

I'm so glad she's Paris though. It frees her up from having to bury herself in too much WB drama and be called 'the girl who played Rory' later in life.

Suzie - I don't translate anything, just the stuff that looks like it would be dirty . Don't worry about editing yourself though, you're among a friend who thinks the same thing.
| My Fic | Longing... FF.net Realm of the Shadow | Other FF.net Stories
Old 05-21-2004, 10:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nate the Lizaphile
I'd predict that LizaRory would have a more bohemian style of clothing that preppish, and the character would have much more sarcasm to bounce off Lauren and the rest of the cast. Just the one scene towards the end of last season where Paris and Lorelai hug show that . I think there would've been a different love interest for her too, I wouldn't be too far off if I'd say she would've vetoed Jared because he's just not in the high league of Liza's acting ability.

I'm so glad she's Paris though. It frees her up from having to bury herself in too much WB drama and be called 'the girl who played Rory' later in life.
LizaRory would dress more like Lorelai, you think? Hrm, it's so hard for me to imagine, for some reason. Rory has such a cleanness to her, and Liza doesn't quite portray that same "young doe" as Alexis does. Liza can be soft and innocent, as she has shown in Paris' less aggressive scenes. I guess I really enjoyed Season 1 Rory because she didn't talk quite as fast as she does now (which is getting up to Lauren speed), which was a nice contrast to Lorelai. Just as witty and whip-smart, but less words and slower.

Haha, the WPMs between Lauren and Liza are extraordinary. But yeah, one good thing is that Jared probably would not be the love interest.

What's Liza got coming up? I know it's easy to be typecast when starring in the lead role in a TV series, but it seems like Alexis is able to find plenty of non-Gilmore work thus far.

Too bad there wasn't a pilot or unaired episode (or at least some scenes) of Liza as Rory!! You know, like there was for Dean and Sookie's characters. That would be so interesting to see!
Old 05-21-2004, 10:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

ILTS - I keep forgetting your name . I think Liza would've done the Rory role well. She had the look of a younger girl, and whatever they ended up doing with the wardrobe, she would've been a great model for whatever clothes wardrobe sent her (in season one of course, everything being from Alloy.com). Liza just has a normal girl's body, and I think she would've rejected any call for her to lose more weight than would be healthy, and been nice and curvy.

I have the feeling that after GG ends, Liza is going to split time between movies, maybe a TV project, and theater, and I suspect she'll move more behind the scenes as she gets more experience judging from the Sundance lab the WB said she did last year over the hiatus. It's so refreshing that she's going to be going back to her hometown theater this summer, any company in LA or NYC would kill for her talent .

I have my fingers crossed for her Rory audition tape for the S2 DVD. She wasn't as featured on the S1 discs because of her being billed as a 'special guest star' rather than a regular for that season.
Old 05-29-2004, 12:50 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nate the Lizaphile
I have the feeling that after GG ends, Liza is going to split time

I have my fingers crossed for her Rory audition tape for the S2 DVD. She wasn't as featured on the S1 discs because of her being billed as a 'special guest star' rather than a regular for that season. [/B]
Yeah, she seems fairly well-rounded, esp given her family background. I would love to see some early footage of that comedy troupe!

Did they mention on the S1 DVD's at all that Liza was originally slated to play Rory? I can't seem to remember, in my current state of fatigued delerium. Keep those fingers crossed, really, and I'll be crossing mine as well.

Just curious, Nate, was your love for Liza love at first sight or with time, and were you a fan of Liza's before or after GG began?
Old 05-29-2004, 01:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ilovetheshins
Did they mention on the S1 DVD's at all that Liza was originally slated to play Rory? I can't seem to remember, in my current state of fatigued delerium. Keep those fingers crossed, really, and I'll be crossing mine as well.

Just curious, Nate, was your love for Liza love at first sight or with time, and were you a fan of Liza's before or after GG began?
She did mention it in her part of the Welcome to GG featurette. Another thing I've never really latched on until now since Paris never does it is her very cute laugh, it's more of a nervous guffah really. Very sexy .

As for when I started liking Liza/Paris, the turning point was definitely the first time I saw Concert Interruptus when Paris had her first chink in the armor. Before that it really wasn't love, but respect for the character because Liza played Paris in a much different way than any other 'bully' character before. After CI though, I was hooked and of course in love.

Since I wasn't able to really organize the Liza project this year (darn!), I'm going to send her a birthday card like usual, this year though I'm going to send it to the theater in Souderton and hope they give it to her when she comes in late June because I have a feeling it probably reached her last year in LA about two months too late because of the hiatus.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

Someone's a social butterfly.

http://imgdata.redcarpetpictures.com...00&noseskrid=1

pics from http://redcarpetpictures.com
Old 06-02-2004, 02:12 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the pics, Lex! Why is it always Liza with the boys? No Liza with Alexis or Lauren? I wonder how well she knows Keiko and Kelly, considering she doesn't have many scenes, if any, with them.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

Lex - Dude, thanks for the great pics ! I love her with Milo, they look like a really cute couple . Not that Alexis doesn't look as cute with him, but still, jealous .

Don't forget her birthday is tomorrow ! I'm encouraging you all if you have cards to send her to try the address of the Montgomery Theater in Souderton, she'll probably get them faster since the hiatus probably has her mail from Warner Bros. building up right now;

Montgomery Theater
124 Main St. (Rt. 113)
P.O. Box 64033
Souderton, PA 18964-1710
Old 06-21-2004, 05:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Liza Weil, who plays the intense Paris Geller on WB's Gilmore Girls and calls Lansdale home, is back in Montgomery County through July 10. She's starring with her father, Marc Weil, in Proof at the Montgomery Theater in Souderton. They play father and daughter in David Auburn's play, which won the 2001 Pulitzer and best-play Tony. Liza Weil, 27, first performed at Montgomery Theater at age 16 in Steve Tesich's The Speed of Darkness.
Someone on another board saw it but didn't say much. I asked for more details, so I'll post again if I find out more.

Old 06-21-2004, 05:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Jenna - You beat me to the punch . That bit of info was from a short 'out and about column' that was in yesterday's Philadelphia Inquirer. Nice that Proof is a family affair, can you imagine Liza and Marc at the dinner table bouncing dialouge back and forth ? Of course the entire family acts, so it's nothing new for her family members to act with her (Mom Lisa in Pete and Pete and her sister Samantha in last year's season finale).
Old 06-25-2004, 03:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

New article about Liza and her father Marc in Proof, from "The Lansdale Reporter"...

Quote:
Back to her roots

Lansdale native and 1995 North Penn High School graduate Liza Weil has come full circle.

BRIAN BINGAMAN , Staff Writer

Long before she became Paris Gellar, Rory Gilmore's roommate on the TV series "The Gilmore Girls," Weil was involved in North Penn's theater program and debuted on the stage of Montgomery Theater in Souderton at age 16 in the play "The Speed of Darkness."

Eleven years later, she returns to the local stage in the role of Catherine in the Tony- and Pulitzer-winning play "Proof," which opens Friday at the Souderton theater.

"I feel it's the only place you can hone your skills as an actor," Weil said of performing live theater. "You flex a whole other muscle. You don't get to do the do-overs."

Weil said she acted in a handful of plays at Montgomery Theater before moving to New York to follow in the footsteps of her parents, Marc and Lisa, and pursue life as an actress.

Roles in off-Broadway and regional summer stock theater led to acting in Columbia University student films, an independent film called "Whatever," and then stepping up to roles in "Stir of Echoes" (Kevin Bacon) and "Dragonfly" (Kevin Costner), and in television, including "ER," "The West Wing" and "Law & Order, Special Victims Unit."

Then came the family drama, "The Gilmore Girls" on the WB. Now on filming hiatus for the summer, the show will be entering its fifth season.

"Moms and daughters say they're glad to have a show which they can watch together and just forget about their daily hostility. It's nice to be involved in a show people seem to like," said Weil.

In "Proof," Weil plays an emotionally volatile young woman who has been caring for her mathematician father who seems to stumble back and forth across the fine line between genius and insanity.

It so happens that her father, Marc Weil, will be playing the role of Robert, her father in the play.

"It's kind of kismet in a way. It's neat to see another side of him," Weil said of acting alongside her father.

"It's a departure from what I'm usually doing - through the window and knocking down the set," said Marc Weil, describing his comedic stage roles.

"It's strange the first run-through because it's (my) daughter. After that, the professional stuff takes over," he said.

"She's done really, really well," Marc Weil said of Liza's success. "She's been working steadily for several years, which in this business is a miracle."

Hope DeFrenes, Montgomery Theater's managing director and a long-time friend of the Weils, said that Liza Weil's star power is affecting ticket sales and that a "Gilmore Girls" fan from Ohio has inquired about tickets for "Proof."

"I can picture some people going: 'Oh my god, I'm this close to her!'" said DeFrenes.

IF YOU GO

WHAT: "Proof," starring Liza Weil (Paris Geller of the WB's "The Gilmore Girls") Marc Weil, Brian Campbell and Theresa Dolan. Due to explicit language, the show is not appropriate for children under 16.

WHEN: June 18-July 10

WHERE: Montgomery Theater, 124 Main St., Souderton.

SHOW TIMES: 8 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays and July 7; 3 p.m. June 20 and 27.

TICKETS: $15 for Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sunday matinees; $17 Fridays; $19 Saturdays.

INFO: Call (215) 723-9984 or visit www.montgomerytheater.org.
ETA - Photos of Liza in action during rehearsals for the play from The Reporter's site. I'll be buying the non-tagged photos whenever I get a chance;

Marc Weil and his daughter Liza Weil rehearse a scene from the play, "Proof" Tuesday June 1 2004 at the Montgomery Theater in Souderton. The two portray the lead characters in the play.

(l-r) Brian Campbell, Liza Weil and Theresa Dolan rehearse a scene from the play, "Proof," Tuesday June 1 2004 at the Montgomery Theater in Souderton.

(l-r) Liza Weil, Theresa Dolan and Brian Campbell rehearse a scene from "Proof," Tuesday June 1 2004 at Montgomery Theater in Souderton.

Last edited by Nate the Lizaphile; 06-25-2004 at 07:15 PM
Old 06-28-2004, 03:36 PM
Master Fan

I'm like 90% sure I'm going to see this play before it closes. My mom said she would take it, it's like 45 minutes away from where we live in PA and we always like seeing live theather. I'm just wondering if they are allowing "meet the cast" time, I hope they do. Liza Weil isn't my favorite, like Lauren, but she's still fantastic. And she works with Lauren.

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 06-28-2004, 03:57 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the pics Nate! Cool to get to see her dad.

Cher, lucky! It's a great play to begin with, seeing Liza in it should make it even more special. Full report, okay?
Old 06-30-2004, 02:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by A. B. Normal
Cher, lucky! It's a great play to begin with, seeing Liza in it should make it even more special. Full report, okay?
Mmm, Kay. I'm going to try and sneak in my camera but I doubt we'll be able to take pictures if it will be allowed...because I do'nt think it will turn out w/out the flash.

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Closed Thread   Post New Thread