Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2004, 02:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Çherié £u£u
Mmm, Kay. I'm going to try and sneak in my camera but I doubt we'll be able to take pictures if it will be allowed...because I do'nt think it will turn out w/out the flash.
Whether you get them or not, it's OK Cher, we'll still be jealous anyways . I can't wait to hear your report about the play, I think it's going to be awesome.

I ordered a copy of The Reporter with the Liza article in it so I should have that by Friday with hopefully non-stamped pictures, otherwise I'll pay the $50 to get them through their photo service, they're really nice though so I'm probably going to get the 8x10 they have of Liza and Marc .
| My Fic | Longing... FF.net Realm of the Shadow | Other FF.net Stories
Old 07-02-2004, 06:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

so, i saw liza in proof last night i live in the areaishness where that theater is and she went to the school my mom worked at and talked to the drama students and stuff...i was just like, "okay i simply have to see her"...i was not as pumped as i should have been abt this play though bc i thought this theater would be like a big auditorium type shebobble and i'd barely be able to see her...and there were only FOUR ROWS. i don't think it even seated 80. i think there were only about 60 people there. and we were in the FRONT ROW. and the stage wasn't like raised up or anything, it was one of those deals where it's just a set on the ground....so liza weil was like LEVEL with me...and she sat on a stool five feet from me all the time...and the one time she was staring RIGHT AT MY FEET...it's so surreal to see someone who i see on tv all the time right in front of me. she was playing like this disheveled almost - insane genius, so she had absolutely noooooooo make up on and her hair was barely brushed and she just looked like a PERSON, not someone who has met milo anthony ventimiglia and chad michael murray before in her life. she has a star tatoo on her ankle. she's really short....which i knew, but she's not just short she's just like all around tinyyyyyy...lol she has like this huge chest and no butt whatsoever so um how UNFAIR is that?....haha her voice is entirely awful to listen to, but she is an AMAZING actress...most of the time they keep paris on the lighter side on gg, but let me tell you she could handle whatever drama they throw at her. if it wasn't for that weird dope who played her boyfriend and tried to stare adoringly at her only he looked like a muppet singing a song about brushing your teeth every night, i would have enjoyed the play much more...but i learned to pretend he wasn't so odd. the plot was about whether her crazy father or SHE had written out this new proof that would prove an improvable theory...and i really do not feel like thinking about math over the summer. especially proofs bc then i think about my mean math teacher from last year...but the play was really really good so it didn't matter. anyway i was kinda mad bc there was no time for autographs or pictures with liza...i couldn't even snap a quickkkkkkkkk photo...maybe i'll see her around town but it's a good memory to have...it's just kinda funny bc i see her on tv and she almost doesn't seem real...but then she was five feet in front of me. i could have spit on her. haha this one time she really sounded like paris...she was getting all in a fit bc her sister was accusing her of beating up the police for no reason and liza was like, "the one guy kept spitting all over my face! it was disgusting!" and another time she said in a really fast gimore girls-ish way, "i would like a doctor named dr. von heimlech. please find one." i could just see paris in everything she did....except saying f u every other line...i admit it was a little awkward sitting next to my mom and watching liza weil make out with like a hometown boy who yanno i've probably passed on the street and never even noticed...but the play was just amazing and so was she. if anyone lives in the area. i would STRONGLY encourage you to go see it. you don't even really need to get tickets in advance -- the theater wasn't even full.

Wife #1/2

"I'll always feel something for him..."
Trust Fund Babies

avie by denrito

Last edited by iluvjesslotz; 07-02-2004 at 07:03 AM
Old 07-02-2004, 03:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

ILJL - Thanks so much for writing up your Proof experience, I loved what you had to say about Liza in it, and that you were so close she made eye contact with you several times. Just a personal comment; I think she has a nice butt and she has a great voice .

Anyways, I read about the theater on their website a couple days ago, and that there's actually two in that building. Did you have to go downstairs or upstairs to see the show? There's two in the building according to the site, so I'm thinking that the 80 seat theater upstairs was where you saw it. I knew it would be a very intimate show judging from the furniture in the Reporter pictures and that there wasn't all that much of a deep feeling to the stage.

Just another question for you; which of Liza's ankles had the tattoo? I'm surprised, but not shocked, because when I was bored one day I decided to play with my autographed photo of her in an image program (the original large scan before I reduced it for the web) and noticed this dark mole-like mark on her left foot. So I'm wondering if that's what it was .

Thanks again for taking the time to give us this experience, it gave me a smile when I first read it this morning .
Old 07-02-2004, 04:22 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for sharing your story iluvjesslotz . I didn't know the theater was so small or that she had a tattoo. Lots of people do so I guess it's not that surprising.

Quote:
she has like this huge chest and no butt whatsoever so um how UNFAIR is that?....

Cheryl, I hope you get to go too.

Old 07-02-2004, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jennarose
Cheryl, I hope you get to go too.
Me too!

Thanks for sharing your experience, iluvjesslotz. You couldn't get autographs or pictures at all? That sucks.

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 07-02-2004, 07:24 PM
Master Fan

iluvjesslotz, thanks for sharing your story! Consider yourself lucky. I probably would have been trying to find the "Paris" in her performance as well. I agree about her being adept to drama and that that skill needs to be exercized more on Gilmore Girls. Cool new tidbit with the tattoo!
Old 07-03-2004, 12:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nate the Lizaphile
ILJL -
Anyways, I read about the theater on their website a couple days ago, and that there's actually two in that building. Did you have to go downstairs or upstairs to see the show?

Just another question for you; which of Liza's ankles had the tattoo?

Actually we were downstairs for the show. I don't know how many seats there actually were...I was just estimating before . And the tatoo was on her right ankle. When I first noticed it I thought it was a mole as well, but me and my cousin watched it for a while and finally figured out it was a star tatoo

Cheryl -- No there was no time for any meet-and-greetishness. But who knows, maybe you'll luck out Plus you're SO close to her...You won't need a picture to remember everything vividly. I hope you get to go, it's a GREAT experience

Wife #1/2

"I'll always feel something for him..."
Trust Fund Babies

avie by denrito
Old 07-03-2004, 02:38 PM
Elite Fan

iluvjesslotz- Thanks so much for sharing your experience! Heh, I had no idea about the tattoo. And how great that the theater was so small! That definitely would've made the play more enjoyable for me.

That's too bad you didn't get to meet her or take a picture, but that's awesome you got to see her in it.

I really hope you're able to go, Cher!
Old 07-03-2004, 10:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Why couldn't the same scary photographer who took a picture of Alexis' feet do the same for Liza so I could see her ankle up-close ? Hey, just sayin'

Thanks for the reference to where the tattoo was ILJL, I went back on my hard drive to see if I could find a close-up pic, but this was all I could find;

And then zoomed in towards her feet...

You can just make out the outline of it on the top of her ankle, but it's a little muddled.

Cher - If you're able to go I hope you have a wonderful time and that you have a wonderful and , maybe even luck into a meet-and-greet with her! I know if I were in yours and ILJL's shoes I'd probably be alot more insane about gushing over Liza here than you'd be. I'd sit in the back row because I'd be way too distracted trying to find Paris inside of her and being dizzy at the prospect of being so close to her .
Old 07-03-2004, 11:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

So just by chance I was flipping channels and they were showing Liza's ep of SVU . I had never seen it before (and I'm kind of an SVU junkie).

This is going to sound stupid, but I was just kind of blown away. She was amazing in the ep. I mean, I always thought she was the best of the younger set on Gimore Girls, but damn she was just fantastic. And the ending...

Sorry had to get the gush over with.
Tobias: You know, first of all, we are doing this for her, okay, because neither one of us wants to get divorced. And second-of-ly, I know you’re the big marriage expert. Oh, I’m sorry. I forgot. Your wife is dead.

---
Michael: That cousin of yours is a hell of a girl. It’s too bad you can’t date her.

George Michael: No, I meant... Wait, you wouldn’t have a problem with that? Nothing!
Old 07-04-2004, 09:57 PM
Master Fan

Read this on Fanbolt

Quote:
Arbrab

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, last night I went again to see "Proof." My best friend (who could not attend opening night since she was in a show of her own) wanted to go, and I wanted to go again anyway.

Liza was again wonderful on the role. The show could have been boring (math being a major theme), but superb writng and amazing acting made it as good the second time around as the first! After the show we were able to hang around and chat to her for a while. I know the director, so that helped! Liza seemed happy to be home, and enjoyed working with her father. The cast were on their way to a cast party after the show. Production on GG is starting again at the end of July, but Liza is not in the first couple of episodes, so she only has to report in August. Liza seems very nice (and she is tiny - I am 5'3" and I had a couple inches on her). There was a young aspiring actress there, and Liza was kind and patiently answered several questions.
Talented and nice. Great combination. SUCKS that she's not in the first couple of episodes.
Old 07-04-2004, 10:04 PM
Master Fan

I keep reading about all of these fans who see the GG stars in person. I'm not jealous one bit. No, not at all. Not even a little bit.

It does kind of suck that Liza won't be in the first couple of episodes, but maybe that means that the fifth season will pick up very, very soon after the finale. I want to see something of the summer in SH with the aftermath of you know what.
Old 07-04-2004, 10:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by curlyhead
I keep reading about all of these fans who see the GG stars in person. I'm not jealous one bit. No, not at all. Not even a little bit.
Me either curly, honest. None of these experiences make me want to be green with jealousy that these people get to talk to her and ask such great questions from a kind and awesome actress willing to go back home and act in a very small venue with her father. Not at all .

Actually I'm like Incredible Hulk Green at this new experience .

ILJS - I've added your little tattoo tidbit to Liza's TV Tome page (I'm the editor) and credited it to you .

Still can't believe she's shorter than 5'3" though.

Steph - I've always loved that particular episode of SVU with Liza in it, I can't believe I missed it last night . If you haven't ever seen it, I won't spoil it for anyone, but it's just so good and she's so dead on to her character.
Old 07-05-2004, 03:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Nate I kept hopping online during the show hoping to find you and IM you, but alas...
Tobias: You know, first of all, we are doing this for her, okay, because neither one of us wants to get divorced. And second-of-ly, I know you’re the big marriage expert. Oh, I’m sorry. I forgot. Your wife is dead.

---
Michael: That cousin of yours is a hell of a girl. It’s too bad you can’t date her.

George Michael: No, I meant... Wait, you wouldn’t have a problem with that? Nothing!
Old 07-05-2004, 05:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Still Reeka
Nate I kept hopping online during the show hoping to find you and IM you, but alas...
I would've missed it anyways though, it was on at 10 my time here, while for you it was on at midnight my time , so I only would've known after the fact. Thanks for thinking of me though . I have it on tape so if I ever want to watch it, it's there .
Closed Thread   Post New Thread