Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-28-2017, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

he didn't care for her in the way someone should
Old 07-28-2017, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Not at all. SUCH an unhealthy relationship for Rory, but I suppose she had to go through one in order to learn from it and grow as a person? Seeing the two of them together was like watching a train wreck in slow motion.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It really was

Leigh Tumblr
Old 09-28-2017, 05:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I mostly lurk here these days. While I still dislike what he did, I don't dislike Jess as i once did.
Same for me.
I still think he had the worst character developement while he was on the main cast - like absolutely NO developement - there are a lot of scenes I can totally enjoy now. Back when it first aired I really couldn't stand him.

I still don't think that Rory/Jess were a good couple, but I do think it was necessary for her to learn. Like when she was with Dean, she was bored, wanted something more exciting and though it was Jess. When she finally was with Jess she easily learned to appreciate the reliability of Dean. IMO she was trying and IMO she needed to do that. It was impoortant.

(What was completely unnecessary was the whole going after Dean even though he was married and then playing the victim card, but okay, that's another story and another thread)

Today I can appreciate Jess a lot more, especially when he came back in Season 5, I think he grew up, he learned. He had a job, a plan, a place to live in. Was it all perfect? No. But he did it, no drugs, no crime - all good. That could have ended a lot worse. And what he told her in Season 5 was 100% right.

This whole longing after her even after 15 years on the other hand ... is way too much for me.

{ ... i am the one you fell in love with. who promises you to do it right.
... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 09-28-2017, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thank you for coming out of lurkdom to post! I see the purpose in her relationship with Jess but I still cannot bring myself to like him or appreciate him as a character in terms of Rory. Maybe in terms of his relationship with Luke but that's where I draw the line. I tolerate him is how I'll word it. Once a jackass always a jackass, he's just a more mature jackass. I also can't stand guys who grumble about anything and everything all the time, that gets old real quick. And don't even get me started on pining over a high school love interest. He would've found someone else in that time and it would've been nice to see him having moved on from a high school crush.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I understand their relationship in hs. She was sheltered and he seem new and exciting but once she got with him it was careful what you wish for
Old 09-30-2017, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I understand their relationship in hs. She was sheltered and he seem new and exciting but once she got with him it was careful what you wish for
Exactly. I get the allure of a bad boy, but sometimes the bad is too much to bear.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Thank you for coming out of lurkdom to post!
Lurkdom...

I'm re-watching GG right now and yesterday Jess showed up. So... so far its mostly Luke and here there's some sort of fun in it. Like when Luke pushed him into the lake. Or when Jess started dressing like Luke.

I really don't like the whole triangle. It's not good for any of those 3 characters.

... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 10-05-2017, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulmatejunkee (View Post)
I'm re-watching GG right now and yesterday Jess showed up. So... so far its mostly Luke and here there's some sort of fun in it. Like when Luke pushed him into the lake. Or when Jess started dressing like Luke.

I really don't like the whole triangle. It's not good for any of those 3 characters.
Ugh, that triangle was painful to watch. I felt really bad for Dean.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jess is okay in the two episodes before Bracebride dinner where I consider the start of the love triangle it's my least favorite love triangle
Old 10-06-2017, 01:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Ugh, that triangle was painful to watch. I felt really bad for Dean.
Yeah so did I, he deserved better. On the other hand I was annoyed by him. Why did he wait so long? It was so obvious for so long. And I was so happy when he FINALLY exploded, it was so so overdue.

Rory was such a poor character during that time. It was so unfair. (And the worst part is, she did that again later in Season 5)

And Jess was so annoying because it seemed that he was completely unable to act like a normal person - sort of (but worse) like Tristan. Practically everything was just provoking, only to cause trouble. As soon as he saw Dean he started the ****ty bad boy bohooo show, which actually is one of the reasons why I didn't like him (and Rory). It's disrespectful and nothing more, it's not cute or cool or funny, it's just disrespectful.

And Rory let it happen. All she ever said was "Dean! But Dean! But... Dean!"

And Dean - unfortunately - wasn't cool enough. He always reacted to the stupid provocations. I always wanted him to just shrug it off with a "Whatever dude, my girlfriend and I are leaving now", you know?

Steffi
Old 10-06-2017, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

^The disrespect was too much, there was nothing about Jess that was attractive to me, he was just an ass.

Dean was such a pushover that season, it was frustrating to watch, I agree. And I couldn’t stand the whole affair in season 5, that was awful!
Old 10-11-2017, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Can I just vent for a second and say how annoying it is to be looking for Rory Gilmore gifsets and having to sift through endless puke-inducing gifs of Rory & Jess???
Old 10-12-2017, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Especially when you consider how long she was on the show (and how many scenes should be gifed) and how shortly he was on the show

Steffi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread