Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Milo had to even confirm he wasent the dad
My goodness!
Old 10-30-2017, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I watched GG years ago and rewatched after the revival because I had forgotten so much. I remember really not liking Jess much but then before the revival was released I saw a bunch of pro RJ posts all over the place and I thought I must have missed some big character development somewhere ...

But then when I rewatched there was nothing. I mean, they barely have one nice moment together where he isn't in a bad mood.

I get it, the show set up Rory to be a bookworm loner and all of a sudden boys are interested in her and now this bad boy is. That is hard for a young girll to resist but it shocks me that thee are so many people that think he's so wonderful. He was awful to her. Not just the bedroom incident but sooo many times.

It's so strange to me that it's one of the most popular ships for Rory.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
I watched GG years ago and rewatched after the revival because I had forgotten so much. I remember really not liking Jess much but then before the revival was released I saw a bunch of pro RJ posts all over the place and I thought I must have missed some big character development somewhere ...

But then when I rewatched there was nothing. I mean, they barely have one nice moment together where he isn't in a bad mood.

I get it, the show set up Rory to be a bookworm loner and all of a sudden boys are interested in her and now this bad boy is. That is hard for a young girll to resist but it shocks me that thee are so many people that think he's so wonderful. He was awful to her. Not just the bedroom incident but sooo many times.

It's so strange to me that it's one of the most popular ships for Rory.
I'm glad you said that because I feel the same way. I go back and rewatch the series and each time I grow more irritated by Jess and how he treated Rory. I don't get it and I suppose never will. Even in the revival where people claim Jess is this new and improved version but I don't really see it, other than his new vocation as a writer? That doesn't mean he's all of a sudden this new, happy "I'm a God to women" kinda guy. He's just a jerk with a career now.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice to see you here Lynn. I agree it seems like rory/jess fans watch a different show with special glasses
Old 11-01-2017, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

^ They do.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
I'm glad you said that because I feel the same way. I go back and rewatch the series and each time I grow more irritated by Jess and how he treated Rory. I don't get it and I suppose never will. Even in the revival where people claim Jess is this new and improved version but I don't really see it, other than his new vocation as a writer? That doesn't mean he's all of a sudden this new, happy "I'm a God to women" kinda guy. He's just a jerk with a career now.
I was happy to see that Jess has a good relationship with Luke in the revival. But he and Rory don't seem to have much contact anymore and I thought it was kinda silly for them to show him still pining for her.

But yeah, as someone who watched the show a long time ago and then came back I was sure I missed some episodes that he did some really amazing stuff but ... nope

Maybe a lot of it was because they dated in real life and that relationship was a nice one so people projected it onto the characters? I don't know ...
Old 11-02-2017, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

People tend to over saint him cause of 6.08. They forget that Jess similar lines to Dean in s2 and any one I think could of gone through to Rory at that time. She was feeling like a teenager
Old 11-03-2017, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
I was happy to see that Jess has a good relationship with Luke in the revival. But he and Rory don't seem to have much contact anymore and I thought it was kinda silly for them to show him still pining for her.

But yeah, as someone who watched the show a long time ago and then came back I was sure I missed some episodes that he did some really amazing stuff but ... nope

Maybe a lot of it was because they dated in real life and that relationship was a nice one so people projected it onto the characters? I don't know ...
That’s the only relationship regarding Jess I cared about, his relationship with Luke, and you’re right about the revival depicting a much more mature and mutually respectful relationship.

I also think you’re right about fans projecting their real BTS relationship onto their onscreen characters making them more feverish about it because he really treated Rory and her loved ones like crap.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree it is can projection
Old 11-20-2017, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

How does anyone think he is the only BF who "treats her right"?? He treats her like total crap.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's baffling
Old 11-21-2017, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Not to mention the way he treats everyone else. He was rude to everyone in town. Red flag!
Old 11-21-2017, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Not to mention the way he treats everyone else. He was rude to everyone in town. Red flag!
No kidding! He treated her and everyone she loved like crap, how is that so saintly? I’ll never get it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread