Agreed. Total red flag.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He and rory had no couple moments
Old 11-26-2017, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Nope, that’s true. They were hardly even a couple, really.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Bumping this thread. Add me please.

I despite Rory and Jess together. He was a toxic, manipulative, selfish, and emotionally abusive douchebag. Rory was her worst self with him. The relationship was unhealthy and I still can't grasp why it is the favorite of the fandom. I also hate how Dean gets vilified by Team Jess, even though he was the victim in the original triangle and was actually a decent person & good boyfriend in the earlier seasons.

Not having Rory end up with Jess was poetic justice. I hope they don't have her end up with him in the next revival, if there is one.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venetia (View Post)
Bumping this thread. Add me please.

I despite Rory and Jess together. He was a toxic, manipulative, selfish, and emotionally abusive douchebag. Rory was her worst self with him. The relationship was unhealthy and I still can't grasp why it is the favorite of the fandom. I also hate how Dean gets vilified by Team Jess, even though he was the victim in the original triangle and was actually a decent person & good boyfriend in the earlier seasons.

Not having Rory end up with Jess was poetic justice. I hope they don't have her end up with him in the next revival, if there is one.
I’m sure Maria will add you as soon as she sees your post. And I agree entirely! Man, it feels good to have others who feel the same way about him. He’s such a JERK! If anything, Dean looked like a saint compared to Jess & I hated to see her ditch him to fall for a douchebag like Jess.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:13 PM
Passionate Fan

It is actually disturbing to me how the majority of the GG fandom is Team Jess and idolizes him. Then they have to vilify Dean to prop up Jess. Dean was not emotionally abusive or creepy or a jerk, Jess was. I really hope Rory never ends up with him. I will never understand the appeal of Jess. On top of that, he was a thief, was disrespectful to everyone, tried to force Rory into having sex, and basically caused Rory's downward spiral as a character. Before Jess came along, Rory was a conscientious good girl. Then after she cheated with Jess, she began a pattern of cheating/wrecking relationships. There are so many fake feminists who wrote smear pieces against Dean who was actually a decent first love, when Jess is the type of man they should be criticizing. Jess is epitomizes the type of douchebag that every girl needs to avoid. He is anti-feminist as it gets. Why would you want a guy who constantly neglects or disrespects or argues with you and your loved ones? Almost every episode, he behaves in a problematic manner and treats Rory like dirt after he wrecked her formerly good relationship with Dean. Why does the majority of the fandom and media glorify Jess and Rory's relationship? It makes no sense.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah Dean got vilified to much
Old 01-25-2018, 09:26 PM
Passionate Fan

I have been going through the Dean x Rory tags on tumblr, and it makes my blood boil how the Jess stans have to troll every post by misportraying Dean as emotionally abusive or controlling/clingy. That does NOT describe Dean at all, he acted like a normal & decent boyfriend. It drives me crazy because Jess was the emotionally abusive one who mistreated Rory, Luke, Lorelai, and everyone around her. How can they misportray Jess as a saint while demonizing a great boyfriend like Dean? Dean ( prior to season 4) was a good guy. The commentary from the majority of the GG fandom is so infuriating. They have no basis in attacking Dean so much in s1-2 while glorifying a toxic and unhealthy relationship like Jess x Rory. Dean was never manipulative like Jess, Dean was probably the most straighforward and direct out of all her boyfriends. He wore his heart on his sleeve.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

People I feel really over exaggerate the episode where Dean calls a lot. He saw that Rory was pulling away and listened to Lorelei to back off
Old 01-31-2018, 07:10 PM
Passionate Fan

I hate it when people exaggerate Dean's posessiveness over Rory. Rory and Jess's behavior justifably provoked an insecure reaction from Dean. The Dean haters seriously need to put themselves in his shoes. If there was a gender reversal ( Dean and Jess ) were girls....I bet most of the female fanbase would have hated the girl version of Jess, called her a homewrecker and would have sympathized with Dean. In fact, I thought that Dean underreacted to how Jess and Rory hurt him. Dean was friendly to Rory after that breakup and was mostly civil to Jess unless Jess made a nasty reply to him.

There are such double-standards in the GG fandom. If Rory were a guy, and if Jess & Dean were girls...they would NOT be siding with Jess in the original triangle. The whole concept of cheating with the bad boy is not romantic or healthy. It is not something that young women should be striving for. It sickens me how most of the fandom was rooting for Jess and Dean is still bashed so much to this day when it comes to that triangle. Dean was a good guy until the whole affair debacle later. I think ASP pulled that whole storyline out just to prop up Jess and make him look better in comparison. I hate how ASP later made Dean and Logan ( who were far better boyfriends/men compared to Jess), have illicit affairs with Rory later on when the original relationships for the most part were healthy. The main source of drama for both relationships was Jess. Rory technically cheated on both Logan and Dean with Jess. There aren't really any excuses for that. Jess caused drama in both other major relationships. Jess was confrontational with both Dean and Logan. He had to badmouth and belittle both guys to make himself look better when he was the biggest jerk of them all.

The irony of those shippers attacking Dean for calling Rory too much when Jess wouldn't return Rory's calls. Dean was attentive and present to Rory in comparison while Jess neglected Rory. Dean always wanted to be there for Rory and kept in touch with her while Jess gave her the cold shoulder, left her waiting, and didn't want to attend events. He even admitted to only going to Stars Hollow Functions before, because he had been trying to get Rory while she was still with Dean. Jess displays the classic behavioral tendencies of the other man/homewrecker, so it baffles me that so many women worship Jess. The way he dealt with Rory was WRONG from start to finish.
Old 02-01-2018, 04:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree I have said it many times if Jess were a girl she would have been hated it
Old 02-01-2018, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Agreed. Your last paragraph about bad boys, Venetia, is spot on. I hate how TV/Film romanticizes the bad boy jerk & women seem to flock to that? They are the worst relationships (as we saw w/ RJ) and don’t lead anywhere but to heartbreak. Both Dean & Logan were LEAGUES better in terms of character and maturity.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm not a fan of either of them but they definitely were both far better options. Romanticising the bad boy is just so beyond damaging it cannot even be expressed. Making out that something that is toxic (like RJ were) is a good thing is gross.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-03-2018, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It is and sometimes I wonder if there were great scenes of rj I missed cause all they did as a couple were argue and make out.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread