Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2017, 06:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
I agree that Jess is at his best around Luke, NOT Rory. It was clear to me that she had moved on from Jess in the revival and it didn't feel like he'd be endgame ever, he has a whole separate life happening in NYC wasn't it?
Philadelphia
Old 05-24-2017, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntzmore (View Post)
Philadelphia
Ah, thanks for the correction. My brain is crap at remembering details like that.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's okay we all get that
Old 05-29-2017, 12:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
It was clear to me that she had moved on from Jess in the revival and it didn't feel like he'd be endgame ever, he has a whole separate life happening in NYC wasn't it?
In the author's eyes Jess was at least (unlike Dean) still single and fond of Rory. However, I don't want this union because of Jess. Rory doesn't love him and Hunzberger family would not be too happy with him as a stepfather of one of their heirs. He would have to raise their child, and nothing would ever be good enough. He would just suffer and suffer. And considering his past, he should be in more stable environment.

Quote:
92. Because he was just the default guy for Tristan
Hmmm.... Would have Tristan been similar to Jess, if he had stayed in the series? I always assumed, he would be similar to Logan.
But maybe Tristan would be combination of both characters.
What do you think?

Quote:
23. Because all they ever had in common was books...and you need more than that for a relationship
Well, actually, I don't agree with that. IMO you can hardly find two such a similar characters as Jess and Rory. They came from different social class, but beside that...

They were both brought up by single mothers, both of their fathers were (more or less) absent, they were both close to their other relatives (Jess to Luke and Rory to Emily and Richard). They both had to be "an adult" in their family sometimes (because Lorelai was sometimes childish and Jess's mother was a drug addict). Neither of them had many friends in their new schools (Rory was many times sitting alone in cafeteria, Jess didn't socialize with others). Neither of them was a party animal. They were both intelligent and they both loved books.

But they came from different environments - Rory was encouraged to pursue her Harvard dreams, while Jess was left to his delinquent ideas.

Last edited by tanaja; 05-29-2017 at 12:46 PM
Old 05-31-2017, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
In the Kyle Bedroom scene, Jess didn't ask Rory if she was ready, he didn't ask her if she was Ok, he didn't respond to her words to wait and then got mad at her. And that is on top of never wanting to do anything she wants to do after making it seem that he would be the type to do things with her. Jess as a love interest was a real piece of work.

I think the way Jess acted in season 6 wasn't shiny and new. He came back showing Rory his book and then got disappointed in her life and mad at her for dating Logan. And he tells he knows her better than anyone -echoing what he said in season 4 when he asks her to leave with him. It's just not becoming him those words. Especially when he hasn't seen her in over a year and didn't see her a lot in season 4. I know fans love that he tells Rory what they want her to hear but Jess should never be used that way. It paints him even more as a potential abuser imo. And Jess has no right to make snap judgments on anyone. He has no right to tell Rory his opinion on her dating Logan. " We used to make fun of Guys like {that}" as if that was a good thing. And then assuming that Rory broke up with Logan when she says she's fixed everything. Jess in season 6 makes my skin crawl more than him asking Rory to run away with him a year after he ran without talking to her.

In the revival, Jess seems nicer but we don't see him in any love interest way except for the look in the window. He's there for Luke which is sweet. And the fact that he was used to tell Rory that her troubles were tempory and to write a book wasn't as bad as him telling her he knows her best of all. The problem was more that Amy&Dan thinking Rory needed a guy to tell her how to fix herself. It wasn't done as icky as in season 6.. Though I still think Jess should never be used that way because he's not there to see Rory at her best since season 2 and a little bit of season 3 And he doesn't stay around to be a friend when she's at her lowest either. He's a fleeting visitor who knew her back when the audience thinks she was at her best - season 2. I don't like him being used in that role because of their history and Rory needed to come up with her own passion and book subject.
Agree with this

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-31-2017, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah Rory should come up with things on her own
Old 06-01-2017, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

She'd be better off.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-01-2017, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Reason 92 he was the default guy for tristan i meant that Chad left and I felt asp filled that role with jess. As for the books I felt his fans and the show forced that reason to much
Old 06-05-2017, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I don't think there's anything wrong in R&J bonding over books, that's probably the ONLY aspect to their relationship I liked, but I do agree with the statement that the writers & ASP didn't really develop that relationship all that well. They didn't give them enough substance for me to swoon over their relationship. It was merely a simple high school dalliance.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It seemed like a high school relationship based on lust

Last edited by fox24; 06-07-2017 at 12:32 PM
Old 06-06-2017, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

And lust is fleeting, it doesn't last forever. Obviously, Rory got over him pretty quickly and moved on (thank goodness!) so it shows me he loved her much more than she loved him. The thing that bothered me about his love for her was it always felt like creepy, possessive, stalker-type behavior.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep it was very unequal
Old 06-07-2017, 02:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Obviously, Rory got over him pretty quickly and moved on (thank goodness!) so it shows me he loved her much more than she loved him. The thing that bothered me about his love for her was it always felt like creepy, possessive, stalker-type behavior.
Hmmm... In high school their affection seemed quite mutual for some time. Later Rory moved on. But how do you know, that Jess didn't move on too?

In season 6 he visits Rory and shows her his book. But he might just want to show her his gratitude for her encouragement and to show her, that he is a more mature/better person now. I don't even think, that he has any other intentions at that point. When my cousin wrote a book of poems, he has also brought the book to all his family and friends. IMO it's really sweet and romantic. And in revival he has his own life, he treats Rory just as a supportive family member (although at that point he likes her more than she likes him).

Quote:
I think the way Jess acted in season 6 wasn't shiny and new. He came back showing Rory his book and then got disappointed in her life and mad at her for dating Logan.
Really? But it was Logan, who was an a s s h o l e that evening.
As I said before, IMO it's natural, that writers give their books to their friends and family members. Jess gave her his book and they were just talking. But then came Logan who was immediately very hostile toward Jess. He insulted Jess all evening and even tried to bully him (the way he bullied Marty, when he has first met Rory).

IMO Jess had no right to tell Rory to go back to Yale (because she is more talented for other things than journalism - and she should think more thoroughly about her next move - although to Jess's credit even that was better than nothing), but if my "stepcousin"'s boyfriend was so insulting, I would have asked her about his behavior too. Jess was IMO right, to question Logan's behavior.
Of course-the main question is? Who is Jess to Rory at that point? Is he her ex boyfriend (he would have no right to talk to her like that in this case) or is he her family member and an old friend?In this case, ha is right to question Logan's behavior.

Last edited by tanaja; 06-07-2017 at 03:03 PM
Old 06-07-2017, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well Jess kisses her in 6.18 so he didn't exactly move on in s6. Logan was a jerk but his insults were similar to the ones Jess had to Dean in s2. For example, the two straws and a milk shake one was similar to Jess telling Dean , " he brought ice scream are you going to feed it to each other" or making fun of dean's job and height were similiar to some of the comments Logan did to Jess book. To me Jess was worst cause he did it continously
Plus I felt that they had made Logan a jerk for one night to prop Jess some way they sort of changed Dean character in s1 to s2. Like in s1 he liked sports but had other interests in s2 he was just a jock
Old 06-10-2017, 01:44 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Well Jess kisses her in 6.18 so he didn't exactly move on in s6.
You're right. I was wrong. I'm sorry .
I've just watched Jess/Rorry 6.18 scenes. She only wanted consolation after her problems with Logan, but Jess still had feelings for her.

I'm so busy all this week. but I would like to come back a little later, because I would really like to add more observations about Logan and Jess and Rory.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread