Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2022, 08:59 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Gilmore Girls

Garbage, trash, toxic, garbage, waste of a person.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GilmoreGirl...m_source=share
Old 08-06-2022, 12:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
Garbage, trash, toxic, garbage, waste of a person.

I hate that moment and I hate that Lorelai ran to help him. As someome points out in the comments, Chris will feel sorry for himself and Lorelai will coddle him and I hate that she does that.

Last edited by stellar_dust; 08-07-2022 at 02:56 AM
Old 08-06-2022, 04:54 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Gilmore Girls

The coddling annoys the crap out of me and I hate that she kept doing ut. I've gone unto rants about it before. Chris got way too many undeserved passes from Lorelai.
Old 08-07-2022, 02:57 AM
Passionate Fan

He deserved no passes and should have been called out way more than he ever was.
Old 08-07-2022, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yes, it’s very frustrating.
Old 08-07-2022, 07:02 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Gilmore Girls

I love the overwhelming hate for Chris in this fandom. In response to "what's your favourite thing he's done?":

Quote:
When he didn't make an appearance in season 4. A whole Christopher-less season. Bliss.

Old 08-07-2022, 10:59 AM
Passionate Fan

lol! Good answer because nothing he did was a "favorite" thing.
Old 08-07-2022, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Gilmore Girls

Right. Him not appearing for over a season was literally the only good thing he did.

This comment, I agree with it all:

Quote:
It honestly astounds me how many people liked Chris after his introductory episode. He was shown immediately to have a lot of charisma and no follow through.

He couldn't pay for an expensive gift for Rory, so he told her to lie to Lorelai for him, and then said she ratted him out when Lorelai knew.

He let his daughter and her mother be attacked, and then went and slept with Lorelai instead of being there for Rory when she needed her parents (****ty move on both of their parts).

He tried to get Lorelai to marry him out of the damn blue, and when she turned him down, decided it was best if he just stayed away because it hurt HIM too much not to be consistent in Rory's life. **** how it makes Rory feel.

When Lorelai asked what he thought a family was, he basically said people who live together.

Like **** this guy. Seriously. How he can have any fans is honestly mind boggling to me.
Old 08-08-2022, 04:22 AM
Passionate Fan

Yes his first apperance sets up how he is and there is nothing to like there.

I'll never understand why people continued to like him when it's set up just how awful he is and never changes. He only gets worse.
Old 08-08-2022, 05:05 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Gilmore Girls

Liking him and to me what's worse, is defending his actions. And I just will never understand wanting Lorelai to be with him when he has shown time and time again how terrible he is to her AND Rory because of how selfish he is.
Old 08-08-2022, 01:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Those who want Lorelai and Chris together don't like Rory, I am convinced of that. Rory is nothing but a device to Chris he can use to get in with Lorelai, then he has no interest in her if that doesn't work, or he and Lorelai are not talking.
Old 08-08-2022, 03:43 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Gilmore Girls

Yup. They don't like Lorelai either tbh because if you did, you would want her to be happy and with a person who doesn't manipulate her, doesn't take advantage of her and who is actually there for her.
Old 08-09-2022, 05:07 AM
Passionate Fan

I guess the only positive thing to come out of Chris and Lorelai trying to be together is that it emphasised how awful Chris is as a partner and how they were just never, ever meant to be together.
Old 08-09-2022, 10:23 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Gilmore Girls

True. Very light on the word "positive" haha but yes, it did show us that. At least it wasnt a happy, great or loving relationship that the writers ended for no good reason. It was literally only done to show the audience that these two are toxic, not meant to be, will never work and Lorelai doesn't love Chris.
Old 08-09-2022, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
I love the overwhelming hate for Chris in this fandom. In response to "what's your favourite thing he's done?":

That's perfect.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread