Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2007, 08:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for this new thread and latest news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
It is sad that only 9000 have signed when you see the numbers Jericho got.
Agreed. Too many thought/think that it's a waste of time campaining and therefore won't sign. I didn't get this and still don't. What's the harm in signing I ask. Even if you have no hope or have no problem with the way S7 ended. You can still sign and get more Gilmore Girls. Stupid!!

IMO the odds of ASP wanting to do a movie are high. Why wouldn't she want to make her own closure? Here's to hoping and praying. I'm currently re-watching S1-7 for the second time since May and oh boy would I love a movie.

(Someone make sure that ASP knows that she's not allowed to mess with LL, please.. you never know. Think S6 cliffhanger LOL)

"You do kind of feel like they are equally matched and they both kind of have a very similar heart and similar passions and that they are destined to be together again." ~Jayma Mays
WillEmma
Old 10-31-2007, 12:40 PM
Addicted Fan

ABC Family: insider blog

Quote:
Rumor has it that Amy Sherman-Palladino, the original creator and writer of "Gilmore Girls," wants to conclude the story with a two-hour TV movie. Most of the cast, including Lauren Graham and Scott Patterson, seem to be on board. But Alexis Bledel is holding out, word has it, to see how she feels at the time. What do you think? Should she give Rory one last go, or leave her be? Post your comments below.

I don't think it's anything new, but still it's nice that they're talking about the movie...and that most of the cast seem to be on board.

ETA: Courtesy of Elissa5 on the SP board.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

LOL I was just about to post that.

While the JJ side of me would love a movie just about them I think Rory needs to be there on some form and I bet Lauren and the others feel the same.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:29 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for bringing the ABC insider blog over, JLarah.
I wonder if there's actually something new happening behind the scenes with regards to the movie.

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 11-01-2007, 05:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for that!

We had that discussion already at the end of s7 if GG is possible witout Alexis. There have been some rumours that the procucers thought about that possibility. But Lauren immediately ruled that out.
And I have to agree. It is hard to imagine GG without one Gilmore Girl. That's the basis of the show no matter how much I love LL.
And I don't think the cast or Lauren would do the movie without ALexis!
"You jump off the cliff and build your wings on the way down."
Ray Bradbury
Old 11-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh man, I really wish that Alexis would just agreeto do the movie, I know she probably wants to distance herslef from Gilmore Girls, but it would be nice for the fans who have supprted her throughout the years, if she would agree.

i believe in anything that brings you back home to me.<3

avi credit to:?
Old 11-09-2007, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe with the strike the GG movie will be the first new project, I mean if Amy's show is axed, which has already be reduced to just 7eps. Samantha Who? looks to be a hit, but who knows after the strike, dido for Aliens. Maybe Lauren's NBC deal falls through and Alexis needs a jobs. We can but hope.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:28 AM
Ultimate Fan

Well, I hope all their projects and work go on and do well, including a GG movie.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:34 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't hope any of their projects fail - I imagine they are all doing things they like to do so why wouldn't I wish them success?
Old 11-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Ultimate Fan

I feel the same, clmorrow.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Passionate Fan

There's a new Ausiello vodcast out in which he asks ASP about the movie again, it is right in the beginning, he interviewed her on the picket line. The VC starts right with her saying "Someone has to want me to" and laughs and Ausiello then of course says "I want you to". She furthermore says if the people who own Gilmore Girls want "us to come back together", she'd do it. MA then asks her what fans can do to make it happen and suggests people to picket in front of Peter Roth's house. Amy laughs and gets on the joke and says people should get there, they should get there and do it for any reason actually and every day and he'd see all the fans standing there every day when he gets into his car, which'd be "fabulous".

Michael Ausiello | TVGuide.com
Old 11-20-2007, 01:39 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for bringing that Ausiello news over, Riska!

It may have been mentioned in jest, fans picketing outside Peter Roth's home, but it does seem the focus of the fans' appeals needs to be on the WB - to get them to want this movie made and to subsequentially contact ASP about it.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Probably it is, but with the current writer's strike (and heaven knows how long it'll last this time) he probably has other things on his mind than contacting ASP because of a movie that couldn't be planned as nobody could write even a rough overview of its plot.

But then - just for the fun of it - it really is a priceless picture. Imagine that man comes out of his house early in the morning and there are people standing in front of his garage, holding up signs saying "Save GG" and "We want naked Kirk back".
Old 11-20-2007, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Or what about everyone dressed in flannel wearing blue baseball caps LOL
Old 11-27-2007, 11:02 AM
Ultimate Fan

Only 50 more signatures, and the petition hits its 10,000 mark!

ETA - Dec. 1, 2007 - HIT!

Last edited by gjoni; 12-01-2007 at 02:20 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread