Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for that MM quote, Katie.
Interesting that she says ASP "has been approached" and not the other way around, that ASP has been doing the "approaching", lol.
If MM isn't referring to hounding journalists inquiring about the movie, then that sounds to me like it could be the studio or network contacting ASP about a GG movie...

Thanks for the Sally S. news, shinystar.

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 10-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

No prob. For some reason FF won't let me edit the title so it will say 'October 29th' so if one of the mods could do that. Thank you!

ETA:

ASP supports Barack Obama... (IMO nice that DR also put this on the show for Rory to follow him!)

Quote:
Senator Barack Obama has been neck and neck with Democratic nomination rival Senator Hillary Clinton in showbiz fundraising, but he's got a longer list of TV actors who've opened their checkbooks for his bid. The list includes Ellen Pompeo (Grey's Anatomy), Zack Braff (Scrubs), Melina Kanakaredes (CSI: NY), Adrian Pasdar (Heroes), Adam Arkin (Life), Rob Morrow (Numbers), Dennis Haysbert (The Unit), Isaiah Washington (Bionic Woman), Tate Donovan (Damages), Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy) and Will Forte (Saturday Night Live). Chris Rock, Tyra Banks and Oprah Winfrey are also in the Obama camp along with writer-producers J.J. Abrams, Amy Sherman-Palladino, Steven Bochco, Chuck Lorre, Greg Daniels and Tyler Perry.

The Biz Blog | TVGuide.com

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 10-29-2007 at 12:59 PM
Old 10-29-2007, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the Melissa news and GG movie, hope we get something positive from Alexis and hear from Lauren again.

and nice to hear about Sally as well hope we hear more from all the cast.

finally interesting news about Amy, makes me wonder what influence she did have on the final season story line?
Old 10-29-2007, 01:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
finally interesting news about Amy, makes me wonder what influence she did have on the final season story line?
I would say it was hers.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the MM news and the Sally Struthers news.

Quote:
For some reason FF won't let me edit the title so it will say 'October 29th' so if one of the mods could do that
Changed it.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:13 PM
Total Fan

Thanks for the news, Katie and Karen!

BTW Lauren supports Hillary Clinton, right?
Old 10-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Well Alexis hasn't really been that open to the idea, has she?!
But she doesn't close the door to it either !
Best female characters : Lorelai(Gilmore girls),Claire(Outlander),Scarlett(Gone with the Wind),Kahlan(Legend of the seeker),Miss Parker(The Pretender),Katniss(The Hunger games),Bones(Bones),Bree (DH),Root (POI),Spencer(PLL),...
Old 10-30-2007, 12:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG - Life's Good (View Post)
BTW Lauren supports Hillary Clinton, right?
yeah, she does, if nothing changed.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:47 AM
Ultimate Fan

Not news per se, but a take on 'how things should be done', which I feel didn't really happen with Gilmore's last season - from Jane Espenson's blog (who was a GG writer in season 4 and is currently under a development deal with NBC/Universal television while working as Co-Executive Producer on Battlestar Galactica):

One of her readers asks:

Quote:
"...does it ever happen that you actually get staffed on a show that you don't know in its entirety? If so, do you 'bluff' your way in the writers' room on the first few weeks of the job, or are you open about how much you love or don't love the show, or how much you know about all the characters...?"
From Jane's answer:

Quote:
"...And what if you're barely aware of anything about the show? It happens. A lot. There's no need to hide it. You'll have done as much quick research as you can, of course, starting from when you heard you had an interview, but you might still show up feeling generally unfamiliar with the show. It's fine. You will be given disks, on your first work day, of all the shows to date. If you aren't given them, ask for them. Ask questions in the room if you can do so without derailing the process, or corner higher-level producers in the hall or over lunch with your questions. I myself sat down and reread all the Television Without Pity recaps of Battlestar when I got my current job, to make sure I hadn't just seen the episodes, but had checked my perceptions of what was going on against someone else's reactions. I remember hearing that a high-level producer at Star Trek: The Next Generation, was hired without having seen any of the show, or even of original Trek, and that they spent their first weeks watching endless tapes to immerse themselves in a culture entirely foreign to them. And that's certainly not an isolated or unusual case..."

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 10-30-2007, 03:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjoni (View Post)
Not news per se, but a take on 'how things should be done', which I feel didn't really happen with Gilmore's last season - from Jane Espenson's blog (who was a GG writer in season 4 and is currently under a development deal with NBC/Universal television while working as Co-Executive Producer on Battlestar Galactica):

One of her readers asks:

From Jane's answer:
See last year they claimed to watch the show but I doubt DSR watched the first 131 eps?

OT - do we know if they even celibate the 150th ep? After the 100th it's usual somewhat of a big deal IMO.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think at some point they started to rewatch - didn't they even say that? When ratings went down to compare and I think you can say that the later eps improved slightly.

Avi by Valerie
Old 10-30-2007, 04:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mareike (View Post)
I think at some point they started to rewatch - didn't they even say that? When ratings went down to compare and I think you can say that the later eps improved slightly.
But as a show runner you usually have an overall plan for the season, a direction you want to go, if you change that mid way then this is when a show can fail.

Maybe DSR watched a few eps but I doubt he watched them all.

I was also wondering, Lauren said at one point she didn't see the final, but liked how the show ended. Later she changed her opinion, I wonder if that was after viewing the final?
Old 10-30-2007, 04:46 AM
Absolute Fan

i would imagin. she might have been talking with the other casts that would love to do it.. like Kelly, and Melissa... and whoever? idk?
Agie
Old 10-30-2007, 04:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
But as a show runner you usually have an overall plan for the season, a direction you want to go, if you change that mid way then this is when a show can fail.
And your point is...?

Quote:
Maybe DSR watched a few eps but I doubt he watched them all.
I didn't mean to say he watched them all - just that they thought about why people didn't like it (d'uh) and rewatched some - not necessarily all.

About Lauren - could both be possible - either she watched it later or other convinced her.

Avi by Valerie
Old 10-30-2007, 05:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And your point is...?
Well maybe DSR proved the point LOL

I would really love an interview from him to see if he still thinks he did a good job.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread