Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2016, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by just stand still (View Post)
Aside from that I completely agree with everything else you said regarding the Christopher/Logan comparisons. It's just not there.
I know and you know what else? If that comparison was really so there, why would ASP felt the need to expressly said so in an interview? If she had wrote it that way, people would infere that for themselves instead of being told from her interviews.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:02 PM
Elite Fan

Exactly.

She literally needed to state it because people weren't seeing it that way.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 11-28-2016, 01:03 PM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
I know and you know what else? If that comparison was really so there, why would ASP felt the need to expressly said so in an interview? If she had wrote it that way, people would infere that for themselves instead of being told from her interviews.
Sigh. I wrote this in another thread, I'll paste it here:

Logan was not meant to be Christopher. He was meant to be Rory's version of Christopher: He's exciting, he's well educated, he's rich; he comes from a wealthy, high-society family that expects him to follow suit and take part in the family business. They're not the same person, they just come from similar backgrounds, and it was up to Rory to see if she was going to reject it or accept it.

ASP's entire concept for the character of Logan was, for "Rory to date her father" (again, ASP's words, not mine), and she added:

“Every girl has a father issue, and Logan was Christopher. Logan was charming, smart, and not quite the dependable soul that you need. Or, at that time, was not the great dependable soul.”

And Alexis added: "It’s a relationship like the one Lorelai and Christohper had in their youth. They do reckless things together. It’s fun but on this lavish scale."

Logan didn't have to say Christopher's lines for his character to be conceptually similar. And the Matt not agreeing or acknowledge this made him bring something else into the character, which is great. But you really can't say that there are no similarities whatsoever. It's factually not true.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:05 PM
Elite Fan

But if you're only grasping that concept from interviews then that's not helpful.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 11-28-2016, 01:08 PM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
But if you're only grasping that concept from interviews then that's not helpful.
I thought that Christopher and Logan packed some similarities when the show was still on back in the day, and apparently I wasn't the only one.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hso (View Post)
Sigh. I wrote this in another thread, I'll paste it here:

Logan was not meant to be Christopher. He was meant to be Rory's version of Christopher: He's exciting, he's well educated, he's rich; he comes from a wealthy, high-society family that expects him to follow suit and take part in the family business. They're not the same person, they just come from similar backgrounds, and it was up to Rory to see if she was going to reject it or accept it.

ASP's entire concept for the character of Logan was, for "Rory to date her father" (again, ASP's words, not mine), and she added:

“Every girl has a father issue, and Logan was Christopher. Logan was charming, smart, and not quite the dependable soul that you need. Or, at that time, was not the great dependable soul.”

And Alexis added: "It’s a relationship like the one Lorelai and Christohper had in their youth. They do reckless things together. It’s fun but on this lavish scale."

Logan didn't have to say Christopher's lines for his character to be conceptually similar. And the Matt not agreeing or acknowledge this made him bring something else into the character, which is great. But you really can't say that there are no similarities whatsoever. It's factually not true.
But it's all interviews, where are the scenes in the show?
Old 11-28-2016, 01:28 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I thought that Christopher and Logan packed some similarities when the show was still on back in the day, and apparently I wasn't the only one.
You definitely weren't.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I distinctly recall the scene with Lorelai spying on Dean and saying, "you know, he kind of reminds me of Christopher." (Sorry that just popped into my head, not really sure the point of me bringing it up).

But you can't say that every rich, reckless kid is like Christopher. That's reaching.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 11-28-2016, 01:34 PM
Elite Fan

dp.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 11-28-2016, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I distinctly recall the scene with Lorelai spying on Dean and saying, "you know, he kind of reminds me of Christopher." (Sorry that just popped into my head, not really sure the point of me bringing it up).

But you can't say that every rich, reckless kid is like Christopher. That's reaching.
She even mentioned Dean with a motorcycle like Christopher had
Old 11-28-2016, 03:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
She even mentioned Dean with a motorcycle like Christopher had
That's all i'm saying.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 11-28-2016, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Its all based on interpretations though .. Some aren't going to see it that way and some are.

Me personally I saw the parallels even from the begining.
Old 11-28-2016, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Its all based on interpretations though .. Some aren't going to see it that way and some are.
Interpretations are important but there needs to be facts too. It's like if I said that I interpreted Finn and Rory scene as something romantic but what are my facts to back up my interpretation???
Old 11-28-2016, 04:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Interpretations are important but there needs to be facts too. It's like if I said that I interpreted Finn and Rory scene as something romantic but what are my facts to back up my interpretation???
The show runner intends parallels. The actors see parallels. Fans can point out physical, financial, social and psychological similarities.

It doesn't make Logan a clone, but why be resistant to "there are some parallels"?

Every rich, reckless kid may not be like Christopher to Rory, but she didn't pick any reckless, rich kid. She responded to Logan who physically, socially, and psychologically, and financially is like her dad, and who, like her dad is always potentially going to be there, but then gone or unavailable, but comes rushing in, often with a present and some cash thrown around (or, the attempt thereof).

To say that there's nothing there, at all, would imply that all that was happenstance, which since it's a scripted show, would be odd, and that the showrunner and actors don't know enough about their show or characters to identify parallels or unstated motivations.
Old 11-28-2016, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The show runner intends parallels.
Maybe, but she didn't do a great job showing it. I'm supposed to buy that Logan is Rory's version of Christopher? Then ASP should prove it not just it in an interview.