Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2016, 12:54 PM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Flame (View Post)
What did you want for Jess?

I'm happy we got Logan scenes, though I'm not happy with the kind of Logan we saw... Since I feel like he outgrew that part of him in S7... and yet again no happy Logan in the end.

The only guy that got a good ending was Dean.
I had a lot of things that I wanted, and got none of them. I wanted a happy ending for Rory and Jess but Rory grew up to be a pretty horrible person, yet Jess is still in love with her. I wanted him to move on and be happy and not pining for a person that doesn't deserve him.

I also wanted more than three scenes, and for him to be used as more than a plot device, and for him to be included in Luke and Lorelai's secret wedding since he was in Stars Hollow at the time and Luke sees him as a son. But of course Lane and Michel were there and he was not.

I agree the treatment of Logan's character and his relationship with Rory was also awful... but at least you got lots of scenes.

All in all it was very disappointing for anyone who went into the revival with a favorite ship, and I wonder if ASP did it on purpose to spite us.
Old 11-26-2016, 12:58 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hso (View Post)

All in all it was very disappointing for anyone who went into the revival with a favorite ship, and I wonder if ASP did it on purpose to spite us.
I was thinking she did it so she didn't have to choose and to not make either side upset. But the no closure thing was awful and made more people upset than if she would have just chosen one.
Old 11-26-2016, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
And as for her hooking up with Logan, he gave her an ultimatum. Doesn't mean she stopped loving him right there and then. And I can see (have seen) situations where a hookup happened after the relationship is over. I mean, her being in London and not knowing anyone except for Logan? They were together for a reason. And Logan was always the cheating kind, so I can see him taking advantage as soon as the opportunity arose. And her falling for it. And I don't think it's anything but human. And not all that ooc for Rory.
Why is he taking advantage? Rory was in a relationship too? Maybe she took advantage of Logan and his feelings for her? 'Cause they were there too.. Its hard to fill in those blanks since we have no idea how they came in contact again
'Cause Logan in London working for his family's firm is how S6 ended, not S7 so I don't get why he's there

Quote:
Originally Posted by hso
I had a lot of things that I wanted, and got none of them. I wanted a happy ending for Rory and Jess but Rory grew up to be a pretty horrible person, yet Jess is still in love with her. I wanted him to move on and be happy and not pining for a person that doesn't deserve him.
Understandable, I wanted Logan with Rory haha... but if that wasn't the case I at least wanted him to have a happy ending (even if that was with someone else.) I got a no on that front either 'cause he's not with that person out of love.

Quote:
I also wanted more than three scenes, and for him to be used as more than a plot device, and for him to be included in Luke and Lorelai's secret wedding since he was in Stars Hollow at the time and Luke sees him as a son. But of course Lane and Michel were there and he was not.
I thought Milo would have been in more too.. I also thought he'd appear sooner then he did right now.

Quote:
I agree the treatment of Logan's character and his relationship with Rory was also awful... but at least you got lots of scenes.
That's true
Though I did feel like the LDB guys (even though how much I love them) got more scenes then a bigger character like Jess.. That's wasn't a fair scale..

Quote:
Yeah I do wonder why she went without a clear ending for any of the 3 couples concerning Rory.

I don't think the single Rory fans are too happy either with this

Quote:
I was thinking she did it so she didn't have to choose and to not make either side upset. But the no closure thing was awful and made more people upset than if she would have just chosen one.
I would have been bummed if it were Jess (no offense) haha.. but if the story would have been right and Rory made a clear choice I'd have to live with it, knowing that perhaps Logan was happy too

Even though I'm not the biggest Dean fan, I was glad he ended up okay too.. Not bitter anymore (since that was the last we saw of him in S5, a bitter Dean)

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 11-26-2016, 01:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I would have been bummed if it were Jess (no offense) haha.. but if the story would have been right and Rory made a clear choice I'd have to live with it, knowing that perhaps Logan was happy too
I would have been too, but if Logan was happy, I could have handled it better. They wrote it so heartbreaking; neither got what they wanted after you watched them still love each other through 6 hours. Logan wasn't happy; he's stuck under his family's control (after not letting them control him in the OS, but whatever), and he's not marrying the girl he wants. Seriously. Heart shattered.
Old 11-26-2016, 01:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I thought Milo would have been in more too.. I also thought he'd appear sooner then he did right now.
I thought he was supposed to be in 3 episodes? But that's what I get for listening to IMDb, I knew it wouldn't be accurate until after the revival

Quote:
Yeah I do wonder why she went without a clear ending for any of the 3 couples concerning Rory.

I don't think the single Rory fans are too happy either with this
I don't think any fans Rory were happy in the end. Having her single this way was much different then having her alone because she was so driven and career focused.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 11-26-2016, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah if logan was happy with a girl he loved it would have been okay. However, he wasent I am bad about that. I am on the middle of spring right now and there both in this arrangement I didn't see anyone taking advantage
Old 11-26-2016, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I expected him in Spring after not seeing him in Winter, so it was a shock when I entered Summer and I was like 'Where's Milo? You should have been here by now' haha

but she wasn't that carreer focused anymore.. she was so lost..
and we still don't know if she's continuing this book writing thing or if it's just 1 thing?

Old 11-26-2016, 01:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
but she wasn't that carreer focused anymore.. she was so lost..
and we still don't know if she's continuing this book writing thing or if it's just 1 thing?
I guess it depends if this one does well and if she can find more inspiration afterwards.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 11-26-2016, 04:40 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph26 (View Post)
IMO this ending would have seemed different 10 years ago, when Rory was 21 and was still figuring out, what she wanted to do with her life. Not choosing anybody would seem natural at that age. Jess's and Logan's feelings and actions would have been easier to understand.
And L/L wedding could have happened 10 years ago - it would have all made a lot of sense and would have been even more romantic.

ASP didn't have a chance to finish her story then. And she didn't really update her original ideas that much now.
Old 11-26-2016, 04:45 PM
Elite Fan

It's true. ASP stuck with her original S7 vision and didn't really seem to make it meet the 10 years later thing.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 11-26-2016, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Like I said in her world Logan proposal didn't happen and London got to much do they later were friends with benefits
Old 11-26-2016, 05:09 PM
Elite Fan

Sidenote: What were everyone's favourite scenes from the revival? I'm putting together a post for Buzzfeed.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 11-26-2016, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

the wedding sequence and dance.
Sookie's return scene and Michel entering that scene. Just the whole scene
Lorelai calling Emily scene
Lorelai and Emily kitchen scene
Paris talking to Lorelai/Luke about his stuff..

And now I need to think

I love the RL scenes but can't name a favorite just yet

Old 11-26-2016, 05:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by just stand still (View Post)
Sidenote: What were everyone's favourite scenes from the revival? I'm putting together a post for Buzzfeed.
The dress rehearsal of the musical, with the advisory committee's reactions had me almost falling off my chair. That is Stars Hollow. That, for me, was Gilmore Girls.

Paris losing it in the girls' bathroom as everything high school came crashing back into her brain at once.

The wedding montage. Beautiful. Sweet.

And, Jess visiting Rory at her new job just had a charm to it. No big overplayed drama. Just two people talking.

Last edited by t hedge coke; 11-26-2016 at 05:32 PM
Old 11-26-2016, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

All the things that pop into my head are obviously L/L related
Melissa | icon; Kita
Closed Thread   Post New Thread