Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2007, 09:17 PM
New Fan

i didnt like the ending! i like that luke and lorelai kissed and she said thanks for what he did, but they should have gotten married and it should have been like season 3 in lorelais dream when him and her were married and she was preganant with twins. But no they have to make it suck by not having them get married! i wouldnt be suprised if they came back with a 8th season even though they said they wouldnt. its possible that they change their minds. also because the amount of complaints that fans are going to make about the ending. i think the ending stinks!
meganlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha3 (View Post)
where can i download the episode clips now? because im dying to see the last episode!
They will be posted on the
LL spoiler thread
later tonight. See the bottom of the first post there.

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.

Last edited by caf123; 05-16-2007 at 12:24 AM
caf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:22 PM
Addicted Fan

This was hard. I think I just took for granted that I would have the build up and i would know the show was ending. I feel completely unprepared. It was good and fairly satisfying but I just needed a bit more.

I really wish they could have held on for a few more ASP-written episodes just to have the payoff we all needed and deserved but if that had to be the end, I have to admit that I'll be ok not great but okay.

I'm glad Rory ended up with no one (I'm old school still holding out for Dean), and I'm soooooooooo happy Luke and Lorelai came together (even though I'm going to hold on to that dream of Lorelai making breakfast with her pregnant belly) and I'm so glad the whole town and Richard and Emily were there to see Rory off (and Emily finally got her wish, FND's without having to blackmail her family) but still it's not what ASP envisioned, even with the homage to the first episode, and because of that in my heart it will never be the real end of GG's.

But the moments we got were so sweet and wonderful. I do feel a little empty.
MethodicWays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Elite Fan

there is nothing to come back for. It was a series finale in every way. I don't understand what them being married would accomplish. Lorelai married Chris and got divorced in three months. LL are together in the end

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmw3184 (View Post)
I have watched Gilmore Girls for quite sometime now and seeing that I recently graduated from College, I feel as though I have grown up with Rory and Loreli. It's sad to think that next Tuesday we will not endure the happenings of Starshollow, with Luke and Loreli, Babbett and Miss Patty, and all the other citzens of the town. Sigh...how I am going to miss it. It was such a warm-hearted wholesome show... Why does it have to end?

Sigh.... and a tear....
I know how you feel. I just finished with college last August and have always related to Rory. I just got off the phone with my mom (I converted her into a GG fan a couple of years ago and we watch the show at the same time and call each other when it's over) and she was all teary-eyed because she felt Lorelai's sadness at having to watch her daughter grow up and move on. It's neat that the show can cross the generations like that, but it's terribly sad that it's over. Gilmore Girls has been my escape and my sanctuary for several years now, and it's painful to think that I won't be able to visit it every Tuesday from now on.

Luke: "There's nothing like some good lovin' to shut a person up, if you know what I mean."

- Java-Junkie (ILY #157, WYMM #109, LL #80, Dirty JJ #12), Flannel Whore #22
choirgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Elite Fan

I really loved it. It was a good time to end. There wasn't anything else to do with the characters.

I teared up when the camera panned across all of the townies at the party. And during Richard/Emily/Lorelai and Lorelai/Rory scenes. I'm gonna miss Luke and the gang so much. What a fantastic show.
Sheebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Elite Fan

Please keep in mind that discussion about downloading episodes isn't allowed on the board. Thanks.

Last edited by RoxyBlueGirl7; 05-15-2007 at 09:40 PM
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Master Fan

i really can't watit to watch it when i get back homein 4 more hours!!!
Old 05-15-2007, 09:53 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by caf123 (View Post)
They will be posted on the LL spoiler thread later tonight. See the bottom of the first post there.

THANK YOU!
Natasha3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Passionate Fan

First, I totally agree with everything Roxy posted a couple posts ago...

Secondly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anck-Su-Namum (View Post)
This is so bogus.

It was a good episode but it was so rushed cuz some stupid idiots decided to cancel the show. It really ticks me off. We waited 7 years to see Luke and Lorelai get married and we were cut short. We were ripped off by the network. I am pissed and outraged.
The actors just weren't as invested. The show was really only meant to go on for seven years anyways.

Secondly, the show wasn't about Luke and Lorelai getting married. It was about a mother and daughter who were each other's best friends. Lorelai getting together with Luke was just a bonus. I mean, don't get me wrong...I loved the L/L storyline. I was upset when Lorelai married Christopher. But I think this finale brought the show full circle. There's no where else to take the show. It wrapped up all the major storylines.

If it came back next season it would feel awkward. It wouldn't be right. It would be mostly Lorelai and Emily (which yes would stay true to the title, but not really the premise).
Old 05-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I liked the finale. I thought it was a great ending to the series. I was very satisfied and didn't need anymore in the episode. I seem to be one of the only ones though.
I was very satisfied with this episode. I don't need to see L/L married, they are so together now and will work out anything. I'm also so glad that Rory left the Hollow to work and not because she was getting married to Logan. It felt right.
Shanti70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartbsb (View Post)
Secondly, the show wasn't about Luke and Lorelai getting married. It was about a mother and daughter who were each other's best friends.
I completely agree. The finale stayed true to that while still closing other storylines.

Quote:
If it came back next season it would feel awkward. It wouldn't be right. It would be mostly Lorelai and Emily (which yes would stay true to the title, but not really the premise).
Exactly. Without changing the premise of the show, there's nothing left. Maybe Lorelai and Emily never hugged, but clearly their relationship has changed if Lorelai's going to continue Friday night dinners. Richard let her know that he's proud of what she's accomplished. She and Luke reunited, and it's implied that they have a future together. Rory said goodbye to everyone and is beginning the next phase of her life.

I didn't feel like the finale was rushed. I thought everything came together nicely. My only criticism is that Christiane Amanpour's appearance was very convenient, as was her departure, but it was cute and works for a finale.
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Master Fan

I loved every minute of it. I haven't been touched by a GG episode in like forever, so I am very satisfied.

So many beautiful moments:
1) Last FND dinner - the looks between L/E/R conveyed so much.
2) Lane/Rory goodbye complete with Rory's panic attack was just perfect
3) Luke's generosity melted my heart
4) The town meeting was handled so well. this must be the first episode since like season one where I didn't hate one of the townies
5) Richard finally saying something kind to his only daughter
6) Zach and Jackson running out with the umbrellas. It was just a great shot.
7) Everything with Rory and Lorelai. I fell in love with them all over again. Ironing and folding together.
8) Lorelai watching Rory sleep. Did anyone actually watch that scene and not tear up? I lost it when she closed her eyes and just allowed the tears to fall. Give Lauren 7 Emmys please.
9) Rory meeting CA was a great homage to the whole show especially the first season.

Okay, three minor complaints:
1) No R/L hug
2) I wanted better music at the end.
3) Some goodbye between Rory and Richard.
curlyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:25 PM
Passionate Fan

I just remembered something (actually I read it in an LJ and it reminded me!)...did anyone else notice that random nameless waiter guy that's always been at the diner had a role in the town party set-up?

I just found that a little amusing. He even spoke! lol.

And let's be honest, besides maybe a L/R hug...the only things missing were Troubadour and Paul Anka. :-)
Old 05-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Total Fan

I'm just still in shock a bit over the fact that that's it, there'll nevef be another new episode...
A storm approaches. It's still over the horizon, but there is lightening in the air. Are either of them aware of the gathering turbulence? Can they feel that crackle of electricity in the wind, or are they aware of only the power they generate between themselves?
Everything Happens Eventually
JJ4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread