Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

Bon Voyage - Series Finale Discussion

Rory lands her dream job as a political reporter; Luke enlists the help of everyone in Stars Hollow to throw her a graduation party. Emily and Richard attend the huge party, where Rory makes a speech thanking Lorelai and the whole town for giving her such a great start in life. Luke's thoughtfulness brings out an unexpected reaction from Lorelai. Early in the morning Rory leaves Star Hollow to start her career.

I can't believe this is the last new episode. It's still sort of unreal to me.
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Elite Fan

Sheebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:00 AM
Absolute Fan

Old 05-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Total Fan

last episode discussion thread *mourns*
Old 05-15-2007, 12:35 PM
Absolute Fan

i can't believe that this is the last episode ever, it doesn't feel like the end
Reshop Heda - Icon
cloudmymind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

there should be more
Mu: "We send those men up into space to unlock the doors of the univers,and we don't even know what's behind them."
Copper Boom
Gilmoregirl999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Thanks everyone for the past 7 years for all of the laugher, fun, and great talks. Yes we fell in love and fought over our ships and fell in love with these crazy characters but in a way Gilmore Girls touched us for no matter where you come from a little bit of Gilmore Girls and Stars Hollow is in all of us.

Here is to a great seven years and to all of the happy memories! Once a Gilmore always a Gilmore!

Love,
Erin
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 05-15-2007 at 02:58 PM
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:20 PM
Elite Fan

Tuesdays won't be the same!
obsession as an art form is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyBlueGirl7 (View Post)
I can't believe this is the last new episode. It's still sort of unreal to me.
I just said "surreal" to a friend. It will take time to sink in.
However it leaves us tonight, it's the end of an era.

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.
caf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

It really is the end of an era.

A tribute to our lovely Gilmore Girls
YouTube - Lorelai And Rory Together Forever!!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:55 PM
Loyal Fan

If I don't watch it, does that mean GG will never be over?? (seriously, this is what my logic has deteriorated to at this point)
Kelly1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:04 PM
Total Fan

okay whose passing around tissues bc I need one!

I have to say that for me I was completely satisfied with the finale. I mean it's as if the show knew it was going to end.

It was funny and most of all very sentimental without beign too over the top.

I sort of lost it during the scene where Lorelai was sitting next to a sleeping Rory. And of course the kiss....oh my the kiss. Of course I wanted more but it let our imaginations run with it!

I was disappointed that Paris and Mrs. Kim were not in the season finale though. I know Paris said goodbye last week but still. I miss her. And Mrs. Kim hasn't been seen in ages. And the only thing that was funny was how Rory said to Lane, "I don't know what it's like to have a sister!"...poor Gigi that's the second time Rory's forgotten about her. I know that she's too young for Rory to be close to but I just thought she could of said, I don't know what it's really like to have a sister since I didn't grow up with Gigi...or something like that. The poor little girl gets forgotten alot.

I also was hoping for more of a Emily and Lorelai moment but I guess it was good enough.

The whole show was just great the way they put everything together at the end. I literally was in tears!!
Gilmoregirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Elite Fan

I can't believe it's over! It's very possible that it just hit me. We'll never again have the privilege to enjoy a new episode of this wonderfully enchanting show...

It was the perfect ending to the series, however. I love how everything came full circle.

Wow, I'm really going to miss my Gilmore Girls!
obsession as an art form is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Brilliant. I loved it. I can't believe it's over. But I was completely satisfied with the ending. It was amazing.

Thank you guys for 7 wonderful years. I've loved chatting with you guys. I'm truly gonna miss this show.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Loyal Fan

I just finished watching the episode. I now feel strangely empty inside.

There were not enough LL scenes. Why did the kiss last only 2 seconds??? We saw the entire thing in the promo! That really annoyed me. I had also hoped for more LL interaction in the last scene, like maybe he would sit down and eat breakfast with them. Or I would have been happy if we had seen him giving her the necklace. I think I now understand what SP was saying when he said the ending wouldn't be satisfactory for the fans. While it did have good Lorelai/Rory scenes, I felt like there were a lot of things left open. The Lorelai/Emily scene was good, but not enough. I liked some other things, like the Rory/Lane scene, but all I could think during them was that they should hurry up so that we could see Luke and Lorelai.

I don't think there was a problem with anything in the episode, it was what wasn't in the episode that annoyed me. After watching the entire seventh season, even when the show was definitely not at its best, I thought we deserved more. I was satisfied with the end to Rory's storyline, but not Lorelai's.

Oh well, I guess it's over now. It's so weird to think that there will never be another new episode!
Kelly1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top