Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2007, 06:16 PM
Elite Fan

really well done. It really felt like a series finale. I love that Emily didn't get mushy like Richard. Very in character. I love how happy Lorelai was when Richard said he sees how many people care about her. It was nice to see Rory and Lane together talking. I think the LL stuff could of been done a bit more with some dialogue after the kiss. I think Rory's knowing looking and Lorelai flirting with Luke and her showing the necklace showed they were going to find their way back. The metaphor when Luke says "take as long as you want" like he knows he is meant to be with Lorelai, but it will happen when it happens

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1280 (View Post)
I just finished watching the episode. I now feel strangely empty inside.

There were not enough LL scenes. Why did the kiss last only 2 seconds??? We saw the entire thing in the promo! That really annoyed me. I had also hoped for more LL interaction in the last scene, like maybe he would sit down and eat breakfast with them. Or I would have been happy if we had seen him giving her the necklace. I think I now understand what SP was saying when he said the ending wouldn't be satisfactory for the fans. While it did have good Lorelai/Rory scenes, I felt like there were a lot of things left open. The Lorelai/Emily scene was good, but not enough. I liked some other things, like the Rory/Lane scene, but all I could think during them was that they should hurry up so that we could see Luke and Lorelai.
You weren't the only one thinking that.

It was a good wrap up for everything we loved - and already got back, these last few episodes.

It felt like a set-up for a Rory-light eighth season. R/E and Lorelai had a "nice moment". That's all. Richard acknowledged that Lorelai had made a home for Rory and herself, Emily kept interrupting - it will never go anywhere now.

And Luke and Lorelai of course - they reunited at 8.55pm. I'm not joking. 15 months of hell for 5 minutes of happiness.

Rory's send-off into the world was grand. Lorelai's will be forever unfinished. That's half the show. Yes, I'm pissed.

Quote:
I don't think there was a problem with anything in the episode, it was what wasn't in the episode that annoyed me.
Couldn't agree more.

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.
caf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Master Fan

I thought it was really great. I really loved what Richard said to Lorelai The party was amazing and while i wish there was a bit more about Luke and Lorelai, i think the kiss was just adorable and perfect

Lane and Rory were cute 'This is my last night with my best friend' was so sad. But all the Stars Hollow people were great as usual All in all it was a great end. i loved it

I'm so sad it's over

Was anyone else crying the whole way through?

_Jmarit_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i thought it was very appropriate. and i agreed with what matt czuchry said about it all being about rory & lorelai. that's what this ep essentially was.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Music

To tell you the truth, I liked the way they ended it but the episode seemed kinda choppy, there wasn't really smooth transitions from one thing to the next, i.e. the LL kiss...they kissed and it went to commercial and bam, they're at home. It's like they needed to rush the episode. The beginning was fine and then it all went really fast.

I'm crying so much, I can't believe this is the end. It's just hitting me now. But I believe it's what was best for the show. If it went any further they would've run into the same story lines (i.e. Chris, Lorelai, Luke triangle) and it would become like a soap opera.

I guess I'll just have to get my daily dose by watching the seasons all over again, like it was the first time I watched it.

*sniffle*
d o w n bad
jess + tmblr | icon
fictitious ways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Absolute Fan

wow, i'm not sure how to react to it. i feel almost empty.

- i loved the town scenes, the party, and seeing pretty much all the supporting characters (was the troubadour there, i didn't see him). it was a great send off for this part of the show.

- i wish Paris was there, but she and Rory said their goodbyes in the last episode, so i guess i'm ok with it.

- loved the Lorelai/Rory scenes, a fitting end to this part and the main part of the show

- i wish there was more family stuff, a Lorelai/Emily hug or something. but, i like the fact that FND's are going to continue, it shows that they have made some progress, however small.

- the Luke/Lorelai reunion should have happened a few episodes ago, i hated that they got back together at 8:55 in the series finale. a HUGE insult to the L/L fans. atleast they got a kiss (however short) and some cute looks and lines. "I like seeing you happy."

- the final scene was perfect, i just wish we knew what ASP had planned to be the last two words of the series, hopefully we find out what they were

this was obviously was supposed to be a series finale and was a fitting end to the show, but i still have an empty feeling in my stomach, it's hard to believe the shows over. it's been such a big part of my life for the past few years, i don't know what i'm going to do on Tuesday's. so sad
Reshop Heda - Icon

Last edited by cloudmymind; 05-17-2007 at 05:07 PM
cloudmymind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Supreme Fan

I am so sad. I can't believe it's over. I am going to miss this show so much. I was definitely crying.

Overall I was happy with the finale for the most part. I liked how the town was included but the main focus was Lorelai and Rory. The individual scenes were nice too like Rory/Lane and Lorelai/Emily/Richard.

I'm so glad for the LL kiss but it definitely was not enough...especially in the last 5 minutes. Left up to the imagination now.

There's so much I can fake
There's only so much that I can prove
avi by open_distance
UltimateFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
- the final scene was perfect, i just wish we knew what ASP had planned to be the last two words of the series, hopefully we find out what they were
Me too

_Jmarit_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just came here to say good bye to everyone I am not going to see the finale except maybe to download the Lorelai/Emily scene, cause I feel R/L fans got the shaft. However I came here to say good bye to everyone and I will miss you its kind of sentimental being on the last episode discussion thread.
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Absolute Fan

With how they left off LL with the kiss especially - i see alot of Fan fics b/c htere is so much story left in LL. There should have been mroe dialogue before and after the kiss. We basically saw teh whole thing in the promo...i was shocked when the kiss ended soo soon. I really thought it would be a bit longer.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Extreme Fan

I feel really empty too. Yeah, I cried!
-"I just like to see you happy." I love Luke!!!!! (I shouted that 6 times)
-It felt like such a finale, everyone saying goodbye, Rory leaving, meeting Christiane Amanpour.
-I rewoud the LL kiss 14 times and counting. Could have been longer, but still, it was amazing!
-If I were a normal fan, I would be so satisfied, the ep was really good, but since I'm...not so normal, I can't help but scream "WHY???!?"
-The last scene was perfect!! Spot-on!

Our show is gone forever... Thanks to ASP for the best first 5.5 seasons, and DR for the past few episodes. And thanks to LG, AB, SP, KB, MM... everyone.

Best. Show. Ever.
Lolabelle26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

The episode did seem a bit packed and I'm disappointed in the lack of really good L/L moments until the end, but it was a decent finale. I liked the interaction among all the Gilmores. I think Emily/Lorelai are finally in a good yet realistic place for their relationship. It is sweet that Lorelai agreed to continue FNDs and how that seemed to make Emily light up. Emily's comment to Rory was so sweet! Luke and Sookie had me in tears, too! I wish we'd seen more Luke/Lorelai as we've waited 7 years for their happy ending, but the kiss, the necklace, and Luke's comment about taking her time are as good as it gets. At least we know (or can imagine) that they'll find their way back to each other eventually.

It's been a fun 7 years and I'm glad that I've stuck around for it. My Tuesday nights won't be the same.
UnaVitaSegreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1280 (View Post)
I just finished watching the episode. I now feel strangely empty inside.

There were not enough LL scenes. Why did the kiss last only 2 seconds??? We saw the entire thing in the promo! That really annoyed me. I had also hoped for more LL interaction in the last scene, like maybe he would sit down and eat breakfast with them. Or I would have been happy if we had seen him giving her the necklace. I think I now understand what SP was saying when he said the ending wouldn't be satisfactory for the fans. While it did have good Lorelai/Rory scenes, I felt like there were a lot of things left open. The Lorelai/Emily scene was good, but not enough. I liked some other things, like the Rory/Lane scene, but all I could think during them was that they should hurry up so that we could see Luke and Lorelai.

I don't think there was a problem with anything in the episode, it was what wasn't in the episode that annoyed me. After watching the entire seventh season, even when the show was definitely not at its best, I thought we deserved more. I was satisfied with the end to Rory's storyline, but not Lorelai's.

Oh well, I guess it's over now. It's so weird to think that there will never be another new episode!
I think the kiss was P-E-R-F-E-C-T. It wasn't too much to where it wasn't believable. But it was enough to let our imaginations run wild. For now on we'll be wondering where it lead! To me that's the best way to do it.

I personally was satisfied the way they let the kiss pan out.

I loved how they ended the show like the first episode (although from reading spoilers I knew that would happen) but it made me think that they totally knew this would be an ending. I mean had the show gone on another year how would they end it? I think it was def. a good decision and I have come to that realization now that it's over. Before I was mad bc I just wanted it to go on forever! But the show def. had reached is peak.

I liked how most of the characters were in it (minus Mrs. Kim, Paris, Doyle and of course Logan) but other then that it was nice to see them all there once and for all.

I still think there could of been a really good Lorelai and Rory moment. The two were both upset and even though I bawled my eyes out when she was crying by Rory's bed I wanted to see them embrace for a goodbye. And I would have liked Emily and Lorelai to atleast hug one another but atleast Richard aknowledged Lorelai.

anyways, like I said I was completely happy by the way it panned out. I still wonder how ASP would of ended it?
Gilmoregirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have mixed feelings about the episode. There was a lot I liked and what not. (see my LJ, which is linked through my name, for my thoughts if you want to see them). But my main thing, I feel like there should be more. After watching the show for 7 years, that's just how I feel. I guess it's because I am so sad and what not. I dunno. But like I said, there was lots I liked and some things I loved about the episode.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Loyal Fan

I cannot believe 7 years has gone by.

This is a show that I've watched religiously with my mother since day one. We would share our Gilmore nights together, ignore the telephone, and submit ourselves to the wit and humor of the people of the town called Stars Hollow.

These truly unique characters have been a part of our lives for such a long time. How can you not feel an emptiness now that it's over?

It's like saying goodbye to an old friend.