Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2013, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

It was a very sudden end to RL's relationship. I'm not an RL fan, but I can understand your annoyance with how it ended.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
It was a very sudden end to RL's relationship. I'm not an RL fan, but I can understand your annoyance with how it ended.
It's almost like it's not even the subtleness but their break-up made no sense. I mean Logan probably has access to private jets or helicopters, he could go see Rory wherever she was whenever he wanted. After that long...it just seemed so random, if they were going to break them up they deserved something a lot more complex and drawn out...where emotions are actually involved. If it was that easy to walk away (for both of them) what does that even say about their relationship? That it meant nothing or that neither of them was remotely affected by it? Post-Dean and post-Jess were handled a lot better...lots more emotions.

Then again I think a lot of the plot points (and the 7th season in general) suffered quite a bit from not being aware that it was the last season. It seems like they freaked in the last few episodes when they realized things were looking dire and wanted to quick tie up the plots of Rory being single and Lorelai being with Luke, even though the former ended up being ridiculously abrupt and the latter ended up being ridiculously drawn out...

I kind of think the only way this show could've remained perfect until the end is if they had a set number of seasons they KNEW they were doing, no more, no less. Like, if from early on they said that it was going to be a 7 season show (provided the actors didn't leave/it wasn't cancelled) and then they wouldn't have introduced things late in the game that they couldn't sufficiently resolve, and they would have ample time to make sure everything that should be tied up was.
jojoinpink54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:29 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinpink54 (View Post)
It's almost like it's not even the subtleness but their break-up made no sense. I mean Logan probably has access to private jets or helicopters, he could go see Rory wherever she was whenever he wanted. After that long...it just seemed so random, if they were going to break them up they deserved something a lot more complex and drawn out...where emotions are actually involved. If it was that easy to walk away (for both of them) what does that even say about their relationship? That it meant nothing or that neither of them was remotely affected by it? Post-Dean and post-Jess were handled a lot better...lots more emotions.

Then again I think a lot of the plot points (and the 7th season in general) suffered quite a bit from not being aware that it was the last season. It seems like they freaked in the last few episodes when they realized things were looking dire and wanted to quick tie up the plots of Rory being single and Lorelai being with Luke, even though the former ended up being ridiculously abrupt and the latter ended up being ridiculously drawn out...

I kind of think the only way this show could've remained perfect until the end is if they had a set number of seasons they KNEW they were doing, no more, no less. Like, if from early on they said that it was going to be a 7 season show (provided the actors didn't leave/it wasn't cancelled) and then they wouldn't have introduced things late in the game that they couldn't sufficiently resolve, and they would have ample time to make sure everything that should be tied up was.
Yeah, that would have been great!

And I agree about Logan and Rory. I'm not even a Rory/Logan fan, but even I was shocked at how easy Logan dumped Rory. No emotions, and he just walked away. I get that it hurts when you propose, but Rory told him she loved him and wanted to continue. If he really loved her he wouldn't have problems with staying the way they were, and marrying later on. He was rich, so he could see her anytime he wanted to, like you said. But like you said, it had more to do with the sudden ''is this the final season'' story. If there would have been a S8 I'm sure their break up would be handled better. Now you can kind of say that it would have made more sense if Rory and Logan ended after Jess' visit in season 6, or when she discovered about his ''cheating'' ( although Logan thought they were apart ). That would have made more sense if they wanted Rory single at the end.
Alwayshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Rl break up was bad writing let's move on. however, I have hope those kids got back together. their like the energizer bunny always going
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinpink54 (View Post)
Yes exactly. I think that would have definitely changed things.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They should have known it was the last season from the beginning or from midseason there is no excuse for dragging it out
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

True. And it didn't help that the original showrunners weren't there.

I am glad that we got a finale at all. I hate when shows are canceled and they don't even get one to wrap things up.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
True. And it didn't help that the original showrunners weren't there.

I am glad that we got a finale at all. I hate when shows are canceled and they don't even get one to wrap things up.
True lol, that would've been worse!

If I had been Amy and negotiating with WB about that stuff and they weren't listening I would've probably countered with "how about I stay on for one more year but it's going to be the last year of the show". Then we could've gotten a proper wrap-up by the person who was supposed to do the wrapping-up, and she wouldn't have had to be too overworked/worrying about contracts for the next year. It would've still been a concession for the WB/CW since they would've wanted to force the show to keep going as long as there were viewers. But IMO that would've been a nice compromise.
jojoinpink54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yeah Jojo. That would have been a good compromise.
Reply   Post New Thread