Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2006, 01:20 AM
Supreme Fan

kay.. saw the epi..

Lorelai: OMG could somebody stop her from being so hyper.. jeez. where is the off button? she'S so childish. But I hope once this LC crap is done we'll get back the real lorelai.

chris:

Luke: omg this body and how cute was the april/luke stuff huh he's such a sweet daddy. just perfect. I love daddy luke.

lane: was fine

rory: fine too

emily/richard: I hoped we'll get more of these two, sadly just one scene but I liked them

kirk: great like always

sookie: good stuff

uhm all in all. I didnt like the LC stuff, but the rest was fine but its way too much LC going on. besides this stupid journey Lorelai has no life? she's just hanging out with chris the whole time. and what does he do? huh? being at home when lorelai is at work this one hour per day? they dont have a real SL. They're just hanging out. I dont like it.

I enjoyed the all the luke stuff his journey is authentic and just great
Old 11-09-2006, 03:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

In general, I liked the episode, it was funny, light and nothing dramatic yet, yet being the keyword, because to me this story sets up for future episodes, especially for the Chris and Lorelai storyline, which the promo kind of shows. But also for Luke, who's starting to love April more and more and they're getting a bond.

Cutting the episode into pieces though, first off Chris and Lorelai.
I like Lorelai, despite what people say about her, I like her. She's back to to saying what's on her mind, something she hasn't done last season. She keeps on talking and talking and there's no end, and basically she's always been like that. Keep on talking, mocking, all of that! I really like her.
As for the couple Chris and Lorelai, they're cute, i don't ship them and I find it somewhat awkward to see them on screen together, can't help it.
That Chris felt awkward when being around those parents who were very involved in their children's life. I'm glad that this subject was finally brought up on the show, and in a nice way, resulting in Chris acting very very involved in Rory's life.

April and Luke, i love them. April's laugh makes me laugh though, it's cute!
At the end of the episode, when they sat on the couch together, it was like they were Rory and Lorelai for a minute, with the pizza in front of them, watching TV together. IMO you can see that Scott Patterson and Vanessa Marano really get along together, they've got a good vibe together, really at ease with each other. I like seeing that.. And seeing Luke swim was cool. And the whole swimming issue, that people bring up, he says that he doesn't swim and that he officially didn't learn how to swim, as in he never had swimming lessons. So he may have done it in the past, but he never learned the swimming techniques, so IMO there's a difference. I thought it was cute, and I was glad to see some quality airing time for Luke again And I loved that April called him 'dad' several times throughout the episode, really cute!
Also Lane 'babysitting' April, I liked that. It's nice to see April interact with other characters besides Luke, and it's nice to see that they get along. In general it was good to see Lane again.. I'm actually quite excited about her pregnancy, can't wait to see her getting a small belly.

Also Kirk and Lulu, adorable! Kirk was just hilarious in the entire episode. And his singing in the diner and Luke threatening to break his bones? Hilarious!

I didn't feel like there was lots of Rory, but she was in quite a few scenes. Mostly about editorial stuff and it's nice to see her actually doing some real editorial stuff throughout an entire episode, nice change IMO. The YDN staff is funny too.. I like them!

It was good to see Emily and RIchard, nice to see that they managed to add them in the episode in a very E/R way, by showing up to a parents thing while they're the parents. They were right about this not being Lorelai's thing, its not, hence why she didn't want to go in the beginning.

Michel and 'The Captain'.. does he ever not crack me up? Love him, I also love Sookie and Jackson... So cute!!
And Paris greeting Lorelai, in such a Paris-like way... She always tends to surprise you in these things.

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:39 AM
New Fan

Dont get me wrong, I like the new season, but what I meant by them trying too hard, is that, in watching the episodes there seems to be an emphasis on getting the words and references right, rather than just letting it flow... However I think the season has been improving and is getting back to "normal". Maybe it is wrong to compare the two writers, but I just cant help doing it. Its only because I love the show, and want to continue loving it.

I agree Lorelai is over the top in this episode, but she is still hilarious. And Kirk.. is he getting more annoying???

BTW, I'm from Australia, as you may know the show isnt airing here at the moment... At least there is Internet!!!!

Thanks for the welcome messages, much appreciated.
kouky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Passionate Fan

It is definitely better than last season, I'll give it that. But I really agree with that article about it being too much heart, not enough head these days. And I feel that Lorelai has really lost her spark-- but that started about mid-s6. It's just that she annoys me now.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Extreme Fan

I love Lorelai but she has been a little annoying lately she needs to calm down some. I still dislike her with Chris I hope that's over sooner rather than later.
I am glad Chris felt guilty not being there for Rory most of her life,he finally sees what he really missed.

Luke was HOT in his swim shorts lets see more of that
April and Luke were cute,I did like the scene with them on the couch and Luke was actually eating pizza. Maybe April will get him to lighten up a little and go with the flow more.

Lane-She was ok

The phone call with Emily was funny LOL
Melina Kanakaredes
lovinlauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:24 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite sadness (View Post)
Very boring. I almost forgot the entire thing as soon as it was over.

Chris/Lorelai-- I've never been a fan of them as a couple, but they used to have good chemistry at least. What happened? They seem so unnatural together now. And they are still extremely immature. I mean, Lorelai, for God's sake, why is it such a big deal if Richard and Emily have dinner with their granddaughter? I thought you grew out of that sort of jealousy a couple seasons ago? Remember how mature you were the last two seasons? REMEMBER?! Honestly, she was acting like such a bratty teenager-- the Lorelai that some people have always complained about is really shining through this season.

Luke stuff was good. April is meh. I liked Lane. Paris was good. The absence of Logan was wonderful. Liked Rory setting up Lorelai and Christiopher with Emily and Richard. Overall rating: 5/10.
I agree. L and C have been repetitive and redundant . She gripes about her parents. He shushes her. She talks about her parents. He gives her an annoyed look. She talk about her parents and on and on and on. And their kissing is overdone. The whole show feels overdone in many places. Sorry but that's how it appears to me.

Even Lorelai called him boring. The woman has never but called him dopey weak and now boring. He was. And so was she. And annoying. I find this Lorelai impossible to tolerate...DR and team are trying too hard. And it shows. Fast mouthed Lorelai is not the same as a quality quippy Lorelai who also reflects and thinks and can be thoughtful. She seems like an empty ditzy pod these days.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:00 PM
Elite Fan

I absolutely *loved* this episode. Quite possibly my fave episode since season 4. I love how in s7 they emphasize the humor a lot more, like in the early seasons. The writing was really clever and Lorelai was at her best. Awesome.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:19 AM
Elite Fan

Hilarious episode. I am not lovin' Lor/Chris that much, though. And I feel like were being forced fed to enjoy them together. And I found it funny that Luke ended up going on a date with a psycho! And how Chris got Rory's newspaper staff drunk.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Passionate Fan

wow if this thread is any reflection on the ratings then well. . .

anyway so yeah i wasnt going to watch or comment but i cant help it.

so yeah Lorelai my god woman shut up im sorry but she was just annoying the hell out of me, and that scene where she waw trying to learn french that was torture.

LC well we know my feelings on them.

teaser was good i liked it.

paris is the only thing that feels normal still man how i love paris.

kirk was good but the singing i was just like what? lol but luke seemed pretty normal when he was talking to kirk which was good.

speaking of singing, the whiffenpoofs singing living on a prayer, youre kidding right?

luke and april adorable i love them together theyre just really cute, i love daddy luke. and omg the pool scene that made me smile.

rory? where was she, she had like no sl and i love rory shes my favorite character atm.

psycho coach was wierd but glad to see luke getting out there.

what else oh yeah i have to say this that i actually enjoyed something coming out of chris's mouth last night, shocker! anyway "make it work" had to say i loved that part.

glad they addressed the him never being around issue and i know theres not much lorelai couldve said now but idk i wish they wouldve talked about it more or something, the one time i want her to talk she shuts up.

oh and i love emily and richard and lorelai was just being a little too mean to emily about it like yes she was surprised but i mean really emily was there for rorys first day at chilton and got all the chilton newsletters and shes always been involved in rorys school life so i dont see why lorelai was that upset about it.

so yeah promo, vomit gag me. The Proposal dun dun dun!

and the aerie girls need to die a slow and painful death!

so yeah filler episode i was bored lorelai annoys me and rory was practically nonexistent, not good when the show is about the girls.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
wow if this thread is any reflection on the ratings then well. . .
Is there a number for how many viewers this episode had btw? I haven't heard anything yet.

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 06:31 AM
Addicted Fan

I only saw bits of the episode and thought it was OK.

- Lorelai did talk a lot...but it wasn't terrible.

- I thought the L/C scene about the 'name tag in the middle of the chest' thing was funny.

- I likes how Chris realised his mistake in inviting everyone to lunch...and how he talked to Rory about it and how she was comfortable in being honest with him and saying she would have preferred it to just be her and her parents.

- April is...weird. I don't know...the character just seems out of place on a show like GG.
xallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:12 AM
Elite Fan

the promo music didn't bother me. When we had the WB, the only shows that got music in the promos was Dawson's Creek and maybe Felicity. Gilmore Girls never got promo music

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread