Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Elite Fan

Hmmm. Not my favorite episode. I felt Rory's absence. I generally like Lorelai and Rory's storylines to be slightly more balanced (even if one girl has a much more prominent SL), but Rory really didn't seem to have one, and we didn't seem to see her much.

I'm writing this episode off as filler. Hopefully there won't be too many more of those since it's November.

So... I'm the only one that didn't see Lorelai's behavior as that mean to Emily and Richard? She was surprised to see them at Parents' Weekend. She didn't seem any more quippy or biting than usual.

I really like Lane and April's scenes. Those were cute.

Luke and April were also sort of cute tonight.

I'm really glad someone is styling Liza's hair a little more flatteringly.

Last edited by RoxyBlueGirl7; 11-07-2006 at 08:28 PM
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Some of the scenes were funny but way too much C/L. On the plus side, no Logan and the episode eventually ended. At least Rory (for what amount she was in it) wasn't annoying this week. Stupid promo for next week has totally ruined the song Far Away for me.
youandme1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by youandme1105 (View Post)
Stupid promo for next week has totally ruined the song Far Away for me.
Sry. I never liked the song anyways, but ITA.

_Jmarit_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Some of the scenes were funny but way too much C/L. On the plus side, no Logan and the episode eventually ended. At least Rory (for what amount she was in it) wasn't annoying this week. Stupid promo for next week has totally ruined the song Far Away for me.
WORD!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

That was dreadful. ALL of it except Luke being fatherly.
A. B. Normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. B. Normal (View Post)
Yup - what the hell is wrong with these writers this season!!

And next weeks episode doesn't look any better - sooo much LC crap I bet!!
Old 11-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Get out of my head! The second I saw that promo, I said the same thing to Katie! I've always associated that song with either this guy and I or Luke and Lorelai. Why did they have to ruin it?!
Old 11-07-2006, 09:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Well Amy would have never, ever used (or allowed) that song in a promo, period. That song belongs on an NBC or ABC show, not GG, Nickelback is way below them. To me, that's the death of CW promos...no more WB promo voice, and no more whimsical or indie music under the clips, it's just another one for New Lame CW Promo Guy to get done before heading off to do promos for Yakima's News/Talk station and Third-Tier Steakhouses.

Tonight was boring except for Paris. Everyone is so right that Liza is currently the glue holding the diehards to this show, thank God DR knows how to write for her. Now if he can just write well for everyone else...

I also warmed much more to April tonight, less with the quirky, more with the being normal and teen-agey, I loved that, and the way her, Luke and Lane got along.

Oh, and I think they left off one thing from the Aerie Girls clip...the poor director with a thought bubble over their head thinking 'I rejected Sunsilk and Geico for this? HELP ME!!'
| My Fic | Longing... FF.net Realm of the Shadow | Other FF.net Stories
Nate the Lizaphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zutfan05 (View Post)
okay, so how boring was this episode?

- Paris: great as usual, loved her kissing Lorelai on the cheek

- Wet!Half-Naked!Luke, Dady!Luke and Dressed-Up!Luke were great, loved all the scenes with April and Kirk, best scenes of the episode. the date was weird and psycho

- Loved the teaser uptil i realized Lorelai wanted to spend the night with Chris....

- Sookie thing was kinda boring, as was the Yale Parents Weekend, and all the other storylines.

Other Random Thoughts

- Aerie girls need to die

- References to CW shows have got to stop

- we should see more Naked!Luke, Dressed-Up!Luke, and Daddy!Luke

- liked that Rory set C/L up with E/R

- Chris was soooo weird/creepy tonight.

- Three episodes in a row of the C/L show and oviously more to come, great.....

I completely agree with everything. I basically rushed home from work to this? Let's rewind and instead of rushing home to watch GG, I go out with friends and try not to remember how boring the last several episodes have been. I am to the point that I miss Taylor and Kirk.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:29 PM
Absolute Fan

It was an alright episode, waaaaay to much Chris heck he was in it more then Rory...sooooo wrong. I missed Rory this episode. whenever she was in it, she was always acting angry or uncomfortable and whenever her and Lorelai had a scene together, Chris would either be standing there or stealing the phone away from Lorelai.

I'll give a more detailed review tomorrow, I just had to say that!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 11:02 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. B. Normal (View Post)
Yup.

GG seems to be losing it. I think it's the dialogue and the way the characters are being fleshed out (or not fleshed out).

I would also admit that C/L ruins a heck of a lot for me, but I was told that ASP was planning to do the C/L route in season 7 if she had the chance (and actually passed along the C/L plan to DR), so I can't blame DR for JTS on account of C/L.

The characters ALL SEEMED BLAND AND OOC. And personality-less. And they weren't even witty. Just somewhat annoying.

Luke apparently does not know how to swim, even though he grew up with a dad who liked fishing and was building a boat, even though the guy himself is an avid fisher who is BUILDING his father's boat, even though Luke is a nature-camper-guy. Sorry. THis doesn't make logical sense. A person that age would know how to swim if his hobbies included fishing. Unless they really wanted us to believe that Luke doesn't really fish the REAL MANLY way (and in that case, they've de-masculinized Luke and that is all sorts of wrong). Plus, he has been in a rowboat. Sorry. I just can't get over this. My grandfather is a fisher also. He's never taken swimming lessons (at least I don't think he has) but he swims ALL THE TIME. And he's got enough knowledge as a lifeguard. Sorry. I'm just not buying this from LUKE.

Luke also does NOT so nonchalently accept sticky buns. No way. He'd think at least a few seconds before eating junk food. He does not LIKE junk food.

C/L= Snore.

April/Luke = Fantastic.
MickeyJr3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Provost.
Provost.
Provost.
Acapella.
Acapella.
Acapella.

Let's just repeat a word til its annoying as nails on a chalkboard and everyone will think its witty and funny because Lorelai is saying it.
Uh.
That would be.
Wrong.

eta: Does it say Discusstion on this thread for a reason? lol.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:48 PM
Extreme Fan

First off, SHUT UP LORELAI!!! How many times did she have to say something annoying or inappropriate tonight? I don't like Christopher at all, but at least he was tolerable and seemed annoyed by her. Was it necessary to be horrible to her parents, and then be rude during the guy's lecture? Then the continuous mention of her lame joke about provost which was not funny. I hated her tonight.

The townies were great- loved all their scenes. Luke and Kirk was hilarious. Good for Luke to knock some sense into Kirk about Lulu. Luke's scenes with April were also good. His awkward date cracked me up, but then the immediate cut to the L/C boredom wiped that smile from my face.

I can't believe Chris gets a free pass for not being around, and Lorelai just blew it off. You could tell that it really bothered Christopher for him not being there for Rory, but instead of agreeing and listening to him she decides to let him off the hook. Is this seriously the Lorelai that has graced my screen the past few years? I don't even recognize her anymore.

Next week's episode made my stomach hurt. It's going to be painful to watch.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:13 AM
Elite Fan

I. LOVED. IT.

CL were just tooooo cute.

They fitted in a ton of characters I love (Kirk, Lane, E/R, etc.) and had many storylines that all flowed together. This is the GG that I adore. It's been so long since it's been this good.

And next week? Wow.
barbeegurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Ok, so I have one question that is really bothering me.
If L&L get back together in the end, are we even going to want her with Luke, or is DR making Lorelai so unbareable that we'll be begging for her to just buy 10 cats and turn asexual? :/
Cause to me, the only thing worse than the current storyline, would be if L&L got back together and Lorelai was still being written the way she currently is.

Or is DR playing with our minds and purposely sabotaging Lorelai's character while she's in a relationship with Chris?

Steph
, I completely agree about the lack of thought that goes into some of the storylines. Luke not being able to swim is such a piss-weak way of giving him some female attention.
Didn't Lorelai once mention something about Luke swimming in the lake one time too? Or was that a fanfic... hahaha reality has no place in my world!

Quote:
eta: Does it say Discusstion on this thread for a reason? lol.

Last edited by Emma_Jane; 11-08-2006 at 12:51 AM
Emma_Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread