Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2004, 08:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Wow, I just watched this episode and man, it's defintly my favorite of the season so far!

I have to say, I usually don't really like Rory storylines, but this was one of the funniest one's ever! I loved how it was a flashback to 'dorky Rory'...And while I'm not the biggest fan of Logan, he was pretty funny as well.

Marty. What can I say about him. He's Rory's Luke...but cuter (sorry to Scott fans)...I love him. I loved "I know Paris"...and when he didn't get in the cab with Rory at the end. I'm convinced that these two will end up together. He's the only guy for Rory that hasn't annoyed the crap out of me.

Luke...so cute with the boat. I thought what Lorelai did was sweet. I hate how people always say she's self centererd...but common' that was a really sweet thing for her to do.

Anyway...that's all I can think of right now...it's 2:00am and it's time for bed.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Re: Re: Re: The episode of course...BRILLIANT!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sunbird21
MAJOR disagreement here. All you have to consider is the line where Luke asked Lor if she wanted to keep their dating a secret, she said she didn't want to.

She has spent a great deal of time with him,she has taken him to see her parents(albeit after they found out) she has tried to adapt her routine to him,she has told people that he is important to her,and that he makes her happy.
Heh. Even though Lorelai does dumb things on a regular basis, she'd have to not know Luke at all to fail to realize the right answer to "do you want to keep this a secret" is no. Especially given that that scenario has very recently bit a large chunk out of her arse. I don't see that as being anything significant.

Besides, the only guy Lorelai has ever dated (that we've seen) who she's kept from her parents is Digger. We've only seen her date two guys who might conceivably overlap with her parents's life: Christopher (she told them about him right away) and what's-his-face-that-lasted-one-episode (she had to ask Emily for his information). So, the fact that she isn't hiding the relationship from her folks... again, not a big deal to me.

But, I admit my opinion is in the very tiny majority. Even mr. jmsteve disagrees with me on this point.
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
jmsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 05:02 PM
Total Fan

Re: Re: Re: The episode of course...BRILLIANT!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sunbird21
OK, I know Im starting a massive debate here, but as I've said before, i'm not getting what it is exactly that you want to see here. if you don't like them together,fine....there are those who don't. But not all couples are cut from the same cloth. Obviously they are opposites in personality, but if you think about it,their values are the same. Neither of them is into the whole materialistic world. They each have a semi-moderate set of morals(re: fidelity,education,etc),but are still laid back. They both appreciate the small town life. And they are both making a career in the business world,so there's a common ground there. Both value the people that are close to them in their lives, and would do anything for them. So,based on that, I can see where they would have a basis for a relationship. Add their friendship to that, and there's definately potential, whether or not you like them.

MAJOR disagreement here. All you have to consider is the line where Luke asked Lor if she wanted to keep their dating a secret, she said she didn't want to.

She has spent a great deal of time with him,she has taken him to see her parents(albeit after they found out) she has tried to adapt her routine to him,she has told people that he is important to her,and that he makes her happy.
Totally agree. That's what makes L/L special: the fact that they are opposites but polar. I dont think it's true she's not in this thing like he is and she's shown it very well from episode 7 on. It's the first time in which I see Lorelai trying to adjust herself to another person,making room for him in her life and this shoul mean something.
If you dont like them as a couple fine but if you were,as you said their fan before, I dont get what you really wanted from them as a couple.
They're still the same characters they were before just together.
Did you want them to change once they got together? I mean the friendship is there,the emotional committent too,the romance also what else do you need?
Maybe you've always loved them just as frinds and you werent aware of it.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lor-baby
Maybe you've always loved them just as frinds and you werent aware of it.
This is probably the case.
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
jmsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 08:16 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Raja
Was hoping we'd find out he murdered TJ or something.

Or maybe Rory just attends tea parties?

Quote:
And could Rory be a worse host? Trivia and arcana are things for the official tour. The purpose of spending the night is to learn about student life. Stuff such as social life, how loud things are, social attitudes, and the "little" things that make a difference when you're spending four years in one place. If she is considering Yale every school she is going to has books and every school probably has damn good academics.

What she wants to do is meet people and get a feel for the place and get a sense whether she'd be comfortable being there. She wasn't "lost." She was just giving herself the tour around campus Rory never gave her. Though New Haven isn't the safest city. Then again Hartford is worse and you'd never know that from watching the show.

So much word.

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
* Kay * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 09:49 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe Kirk meant when he was 7th grade?

I totally agree, banjo. Rory's lines always crack me up. I think her sense of humor is great!

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by stranger451
Anyway, I can't help but wonder WHY Logan bothered with the whole bit... I mean, what? He didn't have anything better to do with his time than think up of pranks to pull on Rory? I mean, of all the people he can bug? All the girls he can muse over? No... she hasn't gotten under his skin at all
Time will tell if Logan was out of character for that.

Could be they had a free hour and a Bobby uniform. Could be they hit a few other girls in other classrooms with the gag, as well. Not likely, but..

Damn. I need to get a Bobby uniform.
JakeTheLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by lou13

I loved this, reminds me of the good old days of the Slayer.
OMG ME TOO!!! I miss my buffyverse!!!!!! I was SO happy when that reference was made
slayer_cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 01:23 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Talona42
Marty/Logan/Rory: Marty is the guy that would fit into her mother's life. Logan's the guy that would fit into her grandparent's life. Marty's always going to lose until he says something to her.
I definately agree with you, on one hand, but I can also see it from a different angle. Last season her grandparents met Marty and they liked him, so I think Marty could fit into her grandparent's world as well. Also, although Lorelai has distanced herself from the rich life, she also fell for Christopher when she was young and Christopher came from a rich family and I imagine he was somewhat of a rebel - he may have been a lot like Logan. Therefore, although I can't see Lorelai really approving of Logan, I can see her understanding.

Also, I think it's funny that her grandparents would approve of Logan, who was - correct me if I'm wrong - probably the first person to get underage Rory drunk. If they knew about that (and how could they not know she'd been drunk? Didn't Rory say goodnight to them when she left the party?), then I just can't see them approving. If Lorelai had thrown a party where Rory got drunk, then they'd accuse Lorelai of letting her daughter run wild and throw her life away.

I love this board. I love hearing other's thoughts about such a great episode!
CircleSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 04:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CircleSky

Also, I think it's funny that her grandparents would approve of Logan, who was - correct me if I'm wrong - probably the first person to get underage Rory drunk. If they knew about that (and how could they not know she'd been drunk? Didn't Rory say goodnight to them when she left the party?), then I just can't see them approving. If Lorelai had thrown a party where Rory got drunk, then they'd accuse Lorelai of letting her daughter run wild and throw her life away.
actually, the first time rory got drunk was by madeline and louise during spring break. and they too are from the high class society. so if e/r think that lower class people are the ones that are going to get their grandaughter drunk, they should think again, cuz it's their people!
Wentworth Miller: hottie with a body who's a smarty
fridayschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by unagi901
Marty. What can I say about him. He's Rory's Luke...but cuter (sorry to Scott fans)...I love him. I loved "I know Paris"...and when he didn't get in the cab with Rory at the end. I'm convinced that these two will end up together. He's the only guy for Rory that hasn't annoyed the crap out of me.
heh I couldnt agree more. I love naked guy! I hope they bring him back as soon as possible like next week ~ we are in need of another naked scene

I liked many things in this episode.
Mainly that there is no Dean
Paris getting out there and with Doyle
I actually like the comeback of Paris's life coach "speak into the phone" lol
Marty!
Rory smelling the books! Geeky Rory strikes again!
The LL scenes were awesome! "Flip your hair" hee
I love pranks and we get two GG style! Thank you Logan, Finn (uniform rocked ), new guy and Richard the great!

What I didnt like
Only one: How naive Rory is! She even annoyed Nice sweet Marty~!!
Famu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 07:05 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Nice sweet Marty~!!
You know, I really hope ASP plans on developing Marty's character a little more. He's sweet, and, well, that's pretty much it.

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
* Kay * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 12:25 AM
Master Fan

I feel bad for poor Marty because he's so nice but if you like someone you have to put yourself out there and let them know instead of waiting around hoping they'll notice you. Kind of like Paris's life coach said, only with a specific person.

Quote:
And could Rory be a worse host? Trivia and arcana are things for the official tour.
She even sounded like a college tour guide. I thought Anna was annoying but I understood why she took off.

jennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Wow, okay I'm like 4 days late but just was able to watch BNACAP and had to chime in after reading everything...

jmsteve I agree with pretty much EVERYTHING you wrote! Well, except that I wasn't a LL from the start & have always known I appreciated their friends-that-flirt banter more than a dating relationship. I DO however concede with the majority that Lor has shown herself more mature & committed than we've ever seen her and I like watching her develop this way... though it's with the wrong guy (sorry folks, I'm a BB).

sunbird21 Are you kidding me that Lor is not materialistic???? I know she rants oft about walking away from privilege and loves her lumpy couch, but she also loves her Juicy couture, Jimmy Shu (sp?) shoes (well, all shoes), etc etc. And remember when she shopped for Luke back when Rachel was living with him? Try to convince me that she doesn't secretly want to wear all of his flannels home (one by one) and destroy them.

I hate that Lor automatically dislikes people with money. HELLO, she & Chris were kids with money. I understand why she called Logan "limo boy" but I would hope that Rory would explain better who he really is (when she admits he is something to her).

*Elle* Rory def didn't tell her mom about the LDB. Which is weird - not telling her mom the source for her first great Feature piece?

*Kay* You hit it on the head: Marty is sweet and poor and can't remember much about Rome, that's all we know. Amen to everyone feeling sorry for him, but I am hoping he moves on in a non-dramatic way - and then he & Rory can be the "just friends" she thinks they are. She sooo needs a guy pal. And not Colin because I still can't forgive his "low" comment. But how come sheltered Lane is so much better adjusted socially??

Agreeing with everyone that Paris/Doyle is funny & works except doesn't anyone but me think Paris would be way too bugged by his height???

One last comment... I thought L&R were going to rotate splitting up for Friday dinner for a while, at least not just the once. And we don't even get to see them talk to Emily?? No remarks on her dating life?? I guess that is part & parcel of the "hiatus cliffhanger" sindrome.

love to all - unless you want Dean back (haha)
newoldfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 10:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the new episode, although if Rory was my guide at Yale, I would never go there!! LOL I mean I understand that she wanted to show Anna the historic side of Yale, but come on, it's not everything there is to it. And what was with that lectures??? I seriously couldn't listen to Rory! But I enjoyed her interaction with Logan and I loved the final scene with Richard And of course L&L were great too!
Ania R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread