Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2004, 08:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Talona42
mild spoiler removed
I don't know if fanforum has spoiler tags, but, if not, could you not share details like this? I'm a recovering spoiler-addict! Thanks!
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

Last edited by jmsteve; 12-01-2004 at 08:57 PM
jmsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:43 PM
Loyal Fan

As far as I know, there are no spoiler tags. Spoiler talk isn't allowed here, you gotta go to the spoiler thread for that. So please, Talona, it'd be great if you could edit your post and delete the info about the 12th episode.

And also, if fridayschild reading this, your post on the first page is also spoilery. It'd be great if you could edit it, there are many people who don't like to know spoilers.
"Jesus, these people are pampered, aren't they? Nobody knows how to cook or make a drink. They're used to being waited on hand and foot by servants or Luke or the Yale cafeteria, and when left on their own they resemble Sims. Whining and moaning, peeing on the couch, whimpering that they're bored and hungry."
~Pamie at TWoP

journal
Nutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:49 PM
New Fan

Ok, ok, I'm sorta late on this, I got home at 2 am from work and i could only watch it this morning.

Best.episode.of.the.season

I was laughing the whole time. I really missed the Paris/Rory interaction and it was also the first time we really got to see Rory at Yale. I'm in love with Marty but i'm sure she'll never end up with him
Logan is cool, I liked his prank, I was on the floor laughing.
L/L totally awesome, I love Luke.
reelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 09:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by permanently-forever
Ok, I keep hearing about a Buffy reference. Something about 'Spike and Drusilla'? I completely missed that.

Can anyone provide the dialouge for just that part? I would love to read that.

Thanks.
When Paris was going out at 11pm to "put herself out there," Rory asked who she's hoping to hook up with? Spike and Drusilla? Then ends up with Doyle who's a Buffy alum.

I loved this, reminds me of the good old days of the Slayer.
lou13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 10:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by lou13
When Paris was going out at 11pm to "put herself out there," Rory asked who she's hoping to hook up with? Spike and Drusilla? Then ends up with Doyle who's a Buffy alum.

I loved this, reminds me of the good old days of the Slayer.

Oh yeas I caught that!

Does anyone else think that maybe Rory didn't tell Lorelai about the LDB? Becasue she didn't seem to know anything about Logan and if Rory had Told her about the LDB wouldn't she have said something? Maybe 'Oh Logan that guy you jumped off a plank with' or something along thoes lines.
*Elle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 10:37 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I'll agree that the ending with Richard was funny, and I agree that maybe it wasn't the best idea for Logan and his friends to do that to Rory in class, but even after Logan apologized several times and said he'd go to the professor and talk to him, Rory still wouldn't let it go. She knows he didn't mean it to be hurtful and that it was just supposed to be a joke, she could have accepted his apology instead of being all huffy.
COLOR=darkblue]Has anyone considered that maybe Rory not accepting Logan's apology was part of the plan her & Richard had cooked up?[/COLOR]
CuriousGinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 10:44 PM
Supreme Fan

the prank. was ULTRA great I was laughing even more because in her class the professor was discussing Joseph Cambell's Power of Myth book and we have been over the past semister as well, so I was trying to picture my teacher discussing the archetypal hero etc...and then have Logan and Colin running in with huge dramatics wow. I was just totally cracking up (she did admit logan was cute heh heh heh )

OOH at the end I was cracking up too, richard is too great.

I'm glad Luke and Lorelai patched things up...It sucks when couples fight too much. they should be happy together

I felt bad for marty... it sucks to be friends with someone and like them when you see their chemistry with someone else... yeaaaah it sucks.

Great episode

Thank you Lemurian
icon by: Bleeding_Muse
"Well he won't be so happy when he discovers his wife is a fruit-munching monster! -Merlin
Teriberri21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 11:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nutters

And also, if fridayschild reading this, your post on the first page is also spoilery. It'd be great if you could edit it, there are many people who don't like to know spoilers.
sorry about that....i forgot:S..i'm just giddy..i'll stick spoilers in the spoilers thread from now on
Wentworth Miller: hottie with a body who's a smarty
fridayschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 11:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Marty/Logan/Rory: Marty is the guy that would fit into her mother's life. Logan's the guy that would fit into her grandparent's life. Marty's always going to lose until he says something to her
Actually, I can see Logan fitting in Lorelai and Richard/Emily's life.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by germ881
Actually, I can see Logan fitting in Lorelai and Richard/Emily's life.
yah, for lorelai..it's the fun, easy going, pranks and adventure stuff (like on the road trip to harvard, her 'sense of adventure did not translate to my offspring.' maybe logan can help out in that deparment

as for R/E...obviously there's connections there and they love logan..so yay!
Wentworth Miller: hottie with a body who's a smarty
fridayschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 11:57 PM
Loyal Fan

I know I'm a little late but I absolutely loved this episode!

Rory/Logan- OMG so amazing! I love how Logan is so determined to have a good time through college and he really needs to get Rory to lighten up. The prank was definitely my favorite part of the episode. I also loved how Rory got him back with Richard. Perfection.

Luke/Lorelai- I must say I was really worried about the fight but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, thankfully. I loved that Lorelai bought him the boat even if he disagreed with her. It was nice to see how much she cared about him throughout the episode. Also, they're make up scene was adorable. The kiss to shut her up fits them so well.

Rory/Marty- Each time I see Marty I like him more and more. He was so cute in this episode helping Rory out. I can't believe Rory is so blind to not see that he and Logan both like her! Its so obvious! I would go for either of the two, they're both cute and funny in their own ways.

<--Thanks to Kaila for a great avi!

~Maddie
wishin4LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 02:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Logan and Company busting into class...that was Gold.

Rory's counter prank wasn't bad, but not enjoyable enough, once you realized the hoax.

The "Bobby" running in to apprehend the two kids in class....Gold.
JakeTheLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 02:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by cmbarrytx
This was a great episode! I usually and totally into the L/L scenes and blah about the Rory and whoever scenes, but I think that this was my favorite Rory episode ever!
I'm with you on that.
JakeTheLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 04:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Re: Re: The episode of course...BRILLIANT!!

Quote:
Originally posted by jmsteve
I never really understood what about Lorelai fascinates Luke. Yes, she's smart, pretty, and sparkly, but the two of them have just about nothing in common.Now that they're together, I wonder what's holding them there other than the familiarity of two people who know each other very well. For all that, Lorelai + Luke = Lorelai + Sookie - sex.
OK, I know Im starting a massive debate here, but as I've said before, i'm not getting what it is exactly that you want to see here. if you don't like them together,fine....there are those who don't. But not all couples are cut from the same cloth. Obviously they are opposites in personality, but if you think about it,their values are the same. Neither of them is into the whole materialistic world. They each have a semi-moderate set of morals(re: fidelity,education,etc),but are still laid back. They both appreciate the small town life. And they are both making a career in the business world,so there's a common ground there. Both value the people that are close to them in their lives, and would do anything for them. So,based on that, I can see where they would have a basis for a relationship. Add their friendship to that, and there's definately potential, whether or not you like them.

Quote:
And, for the most part, I don't see Lorelai being all that sparked about Luke. She's almost passive here. I get the sense she's dating him because he made a move and she likes the regular sex. She doesn't seem any more attached to Luke than she did to Digger.
MAJOR disagreement here. All you have to consider is the line where Luke asked Lor if she wanted to keep their dating a secret, she said she didn't want to.

She has spent a great deal of time with him,she has taken him to see her parents(albeit after they found out) she has tried to adapt her routine to him,she has told people that he is important to her,and that he makes her happy.

MMS #50:10/5/04~ILY #59~PDA #7:11/16/04~WYMM #9
"Why can't you and Mom meet someone once and make it stick?"
Sunbird21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 05:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Episode was solid all around.

1) The "secret" was a BOAT?!?!!? Damn you promo guy. Serves me right for being unspoiled. Was hoping we'd find out he murdered TJ or something.

2) Life coach is back. Wasnt as painful as I thought it would be. But arent characters like those supposed to come once and never come back again?

3) Rory must be a hermit or something. She criticizes Paris for going out at 11pm? Hello. Most college parties don't start until 10pm. 9pm at the earliest. Or maybe Rory just attends tea parties?

4) And could Rory be a worse host? Trivia and arcana are things for the official tour. The purpose of spending the night is to learn about student life. Stuff such as social life, how loud things are, social attitudes, and the "little" things that make a difference when you're spending four years in one place. If she is considering Yale every school she is going to has books and every school probably has damn good academics.

What she wants to do is meet people and get a feel for the place and get a sense whether she'd be comfortable being there. She wasn't "lost." She was just giving herself the tour around campus Rory never gave her. Though New Haven isn't the safest city. Then again Hartford is worse and you'd never know that from watching the show.

Did Rory go to Yale because the books smelled "different" than the ones at Harvard or Princeton? Rory should've gave the girl over to someone else if all she wanted to do was give her the official Yale party line.

That said little wannabe rebel herself was rather annoying and will be in for a shock around midterms when she finds out she has to study too.

5) "Do not say perky breasts to her!"

6) Anyone see any chemistry between Rory and Headmaster Charleston? Me neither. But after Asher I'm forced to ask myself these questions.

7) I liked Logan's little stunt. Rory needs to get a sense of humor. At least her revenge stunt with Richard was fun.

8) Marty finally showed some backbone. My take on Rory is that she knows he'd be interested but that she just doesnt take it seriously. Or put differently. She knows if she indicated interest Marty would jump, she just doesnt understant that it's a BIG deal when she does the exact opposite. She thinks he's cool either way.

When Marty still came running when she called him worried me but not getting in that cab redeemed him. Rory expressed her disdain for the pathetic last episode. And doing so would've made him exactly that. Pathetic.

However I do think Rory is interested enough in him that she'd be alarmed to see him move on.

9) Speed dating was funny. And her shacking up with Doyle was good. Authority figure editors at school newspapers hitting on the underclassmen? Nope. That never happens. And when you have a group that spends so much time together in one place it almost always gets incestuous.

10) Course I still want her with Richard. And I thought it was telling that Richard asked Rory about her. Come on Rory. Be a good grandaughter and make it happen!

11) Lorelai - Luke fight .. well tension was well done. Luke seems like a very insular person and Lorelai needs to give him his space which she intruded on by meddling. Though saving the boat was a nice gesture.

12) "You have no right to be repulsed by my sex life!" No you don't Rory. Hell I wish Lindsay could've been there to see Logan's performance. She might've gotten a kick out of it.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread