Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2004, 04:34 AM
Loyal Fan

I think Logan was just the perfect guy. I love him so much. He likes her, I don't know if he's interested in her, he just likes her as a person. Which is really cool. I like that she's not shy around him and his friends.

Emily and Richard are totally getting on my nerves. But hey, they're bonding over disaproving Rory and Lorelai's boyfriends. So thats something.

Mrs. Kim was great. I love how scared Zack was. He was so freaked out, he was actully cute.

I hate to say it, cause I usually love them, but Liz and TJ were really really annoying tonight.

So, do you think Lorelai was more worried about Rory with Jess, or Rory at the end of tonights ep? Cause I think its tied at this point.

But yeah, Logan was pure class tonight.

"We’re gonna raise the level of public debate in this country, and let that be our legacy."

To The West Wing
Jewls13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 05:36 AM
Passionate Fan

I would totally dig this episode a lot more if a little thing called season 3 didn't happen. It would make the whole "Dean no longer fits in Rory's life or interests" thing and the whole "Mrs. Kim doesn't approve of band boys dating her daughter" thing if Jess and Dave hadn't existed. But I guess ASP is just going to ignore those little things.

BrownEyedGirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 06:06 AM
Ultimate Fan

I don't know. I got a different feeling from the ending of this episode. Lorelai sometimes talked of herself drunk when she was younger and I thought the image of Rory coming home drunk from a party was a flashback to Lorelai of herself coming home drunk from a party when she was much younger. I think this whole thing is going to turn on Emily and Richard. Logan is very much like Christopher.. wild, adventurous. Same as Christopher. I can see maybe Emily and Richard seeing Rory going down a road that Lorelai took.. going after the rich boy/bad boy.. coming home drunk, doing things she normally wouldn't do and immediately think that Rory is turning into Lorelai. This would possibly make Emily and Richard put more of a hold on Rory and pull those manipulative strings.. which may cause Rory to pull farther away from her grandparents. Might even put some drama with Lorelai if Lorelai tries to warn Rory about this and Rory turns around and tells her mom that she's doing the same thing she (Lorelai) did.

I don't know, that's just what I saw.

And let me just say that Luke and Lorelai burn up the screen! There was more sexy chemistry between them in that short scene than in any scene I've ever seen on this show. Lorelai definitely has more chemistry with Luke than any other guy she has been with.

And next week.. Don't. Chris, just don't. Yeah, that's my foot up your a$$!

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
~Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 06:58 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Kitty
And next week...Don't. Chris, just don't. Yeah, that's my foot up your a$$!
Make room, mine's going up there too.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

Kitty : Logan is like Christopher. His parents are friends with Emily and Richard. Christopher's parents were friends with them before "Lorelai ruined everyones life by getting pregnant" ( Christopher father's view on things) .

Pam
haddyboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 11:12 AM
Passionate Fan

Wow. What a fantastic episode. ASP, you are the master! I have to post all my non-JJ faves:

1.) I am officially a Rory/Logan shipper. He was so sweet, the way he helped her have fun at the party and tried to cheer her up after her break up with Dean. Putting his arm around her was too cute for words. And unlike Graham, he and his friends know when not to drive!

2.) Mrs. Kim That had to be one of the best rants I have ever heard.

3.) I loved Lane trying to help out Lane2, especially talking about the Big Brother Box in the tv.

4.) I will refer to fries as the Devil's Starchy Fingers from now on.

5.) Loved Liz, but TJ drove me bonkers (and not just because he interrupted the dinner). BTW: I know it's pronounced, "Escrow" but what exactly is it?

6.) Emily taking the steak skewer away from Lorelai as she was about to bite into it was great

7.) I think everyone has some great theories about Lorelai looking upset when she sees Rory coming home drunk. Another reason might be is that Lorelai doesn't know what happened with Dean. So, after what happened in R&R, she might be a little perturbed to see Rory coming home drunk with a bunch of guys when she has (to Lorelai's knowledge) a boyfriend.

Stupid work. I wanna go home and watch my tape again!

"Normal people make a living. The deranged make history"-Chris Titus
Gaelicmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 11:34 AM
Passionate Fan

Episode was good at the end with the beginning tainted by Liz and TJ who looked like they'll be around a lot more.

1) I'll start with TJ and Liz. I disliked them when they first appeared. Now I absolutely hate them. Liz is Babette given major screen time. TJ is Jackie Gleason minus any acting ability with Tony Danza thrown in. They are the type of people who make one want to watch something else. I thought Daniel Palladino characters aren't supposed to ever come back?

2) I loved Paris being paranoid that all the elderly faculty are after her. But is is so obvious Richard Gilmore is the one Paris really wants. Come on Rory. Be a friend and a good granddaughter and get those two together!

3) Mamakim and Minikim were kinda funny. But I wait in vain for Mamakim to be made into an actual human. And come on. South Korea has a huge portion of their country wired up for high speed fiber optics I only WISH we could get in the states. It's a highly developed sophisticated first world economy. Can we get off the crude stereotypes of religion and foreigners and develop the characters a little?

4) I did like Zach having the urge to go to church after being yelled at by Mamakim.

5) I liked the Lorelai and Luke moments. Unfortunately like a fresh breath of noxious sulfuric air Liz and TJ appear to ruin it. Here's an idea: Renaisance Fair in Antartica.

6) Rory needs to be sloshed more often. Usually when she is around other people she is distant and quietly judges them all negatively until she finds an escape route out. With alchohol she actually talks to people and refers to those little critters around her as "friends."

7) Flipside of above. Rory has always been very fastidious about not letting her mother see her drink. The strongest thing her mother ever sees in her hand is grape juice. Which is why I'm surprised she went back home in her state rather than back to Yale.

I'd think that rather than Rory appearing to succumb to the wiles of the grandparents is what concerns her. And if Rory doesnt watch herself, perhaps with good reason.

8) The grandparents had a very poor plan. There was no way Rory wouldnt see right through it and there was a high probability she would react counterproductively. But it worked. Keeping any females away was probably good sign since Rory resents and hardly gives the time of day to anyone her hormones don't respond positively to. And Logan seemed to make her comfortable.

So despite yourselves, way to go Grandparents for pushing Dean away.

9) What a lame breakup. And Dean, what exactly are you jealous of? You saw Rory with a bunch of guys. You think she's DOING all of them at once? Okay, so we didnt suspect she'd commit adultery either. But still.

10) I liked Luke thanking Lorelai for not being related to him. But wouldn't it be funny if.... God, if I had my way the show would just be a big soap opera.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Passionate Fan

I thought this episode was awesome. I loved all the stuff, expect I coulda done without the Liz/T.J. gayness, and overall I'd give the episode a high A.

The end was the best to me though, first with Rory getting tricked into the party (that Lorelai can completely relate to) and then coming home drunk in a limo with a bunch of guys. Lorelai watching her out the window, you could just see the concern. Suddenly Rorys going for the life that Lorelai had done and over with by the time she was 16 - but this time Rorys 19, and can get lost in that life Lorelai never wanted for either of them. I think that's going to be a great storyline. I hope they persue it...

Oh yea, L/L? Getting waaay better.
"...with Mardi Gras I kinda have a problem cause you see, I dont like to be topless no dont give it away for free...I guess thats just me. Oh Ellen I don't wanna show my melons just for a string of beads!" - Lauren Graham singing and playing piano on The Ellen Show
ESipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 12:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

I concur with just about everything everyone has posted thus, but here are a few more things...

1. I wished Lane and Mama Kim would have actually interacted with each other! I wanted Lane to go call out Mama Kim, not Mini Lane. Although it was cute how she was teaching her the ropes of living in the Kim household. But, quick question-I thought Mini Lane was there for 3 months? Did she first appear in the winter?

2. Rory and Dean's break up was great, but it just seemed wasted to me. If the point of having Rory slept with Dean and break up his marriage was to give her a story, this isn't the story I expected. I realize now the point is moot, but I would've liked more development there. We hadn't seen Dean with Rory for 3 episodes now and then they break up? It fell flat to me.

3. I like Richard and Emily back in cahoots again, but I hate to say that I see little things that lead me to believe that Emily might start becoming a characature of her former self. She screached a lot last night.

4. Just echoing the LL goodness. The Mountei hat, the French maid's uniform! I was expecting dirtier commentary on that outfit. I also wished just for a moment that Lorelai was pulling a Mountie hat out of the bag she had with her. Alas, only candlesticks.

5. Paris and the old professors? Classic!

6. I like Logan and Rory together, but I don't want to see them together yet. And I'd still like to say that I want Rory to have to work to get Logan. She's had too many guys falling over her in the past.

7. Finally, I love the parallel with Rory and Lorelai. Like others have said, Lorelai needs to accept that Rory might not want to run from the life she left. If this show is ending soon I can see Rory deciding to be a part of the elder Gilmore's world, leaving Lorelai in Stars Hollow. Because even though Emily and Richard continually manipulate Rory she doesn't seem to mind going along with it.

Final thought-This episode was awesome. It was one of those episodes that I didn't want to end.

---
My dear little librarian, pile up enough tomorrows and you'll find you've collected nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering.
daydreamer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 12:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Raja

6) Rory needs to be sloshed more often. Usually when she is around other people she is distant and quietly judges them all negatively until she finds an escape route out. With alchohol she actually talks to people and refers to those little critters around her as "friends."

9) What a lame breakup. And Dean, what exactly are you jealous of? You saw Rory with a bunch of guys. You think she's DOING all of them at once?
I'm so with you on #6. If anyone needs to have a glass or two of red wine each day, it's Rory. It might eventually loosen the stick up her butt.

Dean didn't look jealous to me. He just looked... stunned. Dean realized for the first time just how different Rory's life is from his own. Rory wasn't hanging all over those guys, but I think Dean realized she should have been. Presumably, they can talk to her about all the things she's interested in, her grandparents accept them in ways they would never accept him, and - here's the New!Big!Revelation! - Rory fits in with those guys. Rory's life is heading in a direction that he can't follow.
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
jmsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 12:34 PM
Passionate Fan

I love The Daily Show mention, but if it was around 8:45, then TDS wouldn't have even been on. It gets shown at 7:00 and 11:00. Unless Lorelai taped/tivoed it. If she did, then that makes me love her even more!

(Except for the fact that I hate for being able to eat almost a whole cheesecake and still look like that!)

"Normal people make a living. The deranged make history"-Chris Titus
Gaelicmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaelicmaiden
I love The Daily Show mention, but if it was around 8:45, then TDS wouldn't have even been on. It gets shown at 7:00 and 11:00. Unless Lorelai taped/tivoed it. If she did, then that makes me love her even more!
Well, Rory went out to talk to Dean around 8:45. But then she went back into the party with Logan and the guys and got drunk. I'm sure they were there for a while before taking her home. And when Lorelai called the Gilmore Mansion it was already later at night, the party was over and people were cleaning up. Definitely could've been around 11pm
-Genevieve- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 01:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ESipher

The end was the best to me though, first with Rory getting tricked into the party (that Lorelai can completely relate to) and then coming home drunk in a limo with a bunch of guys. Lorelai watching her out the window, you could just see the concern. Suddenly Rorys going for the life that Lorelai had done and over with by the time she was 16 - but this time Rorys 19, and can get lost in that life Lorelai never wanted for either of them. I think that's going to be a great storyline. I hope they persue it...

Totally agree with you.

Rory has grown up in Stars Hollow and now could be fascineted by the high society that generally seems to be a perfect world, that always deserves a easy and pretty life.
Lorelai was born in that society and has interacted with this kind of people and decided to leave by herself and now she knows exactly what there's beyond the "beautiful façade"..instead Rory doesn't really know how to face everything.
Louise 333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 01:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Loved this episode! Well, except TJ and Liz, but they really did not take away from the episode on a whole, IMO. I wanted to see Finn's interpretation of "Passion of the Christ" I wonder if Richard found his pool house in disarray since no one outside of the girls know that the elder Gilmores are separated, right?

So, ASP wrote this episode. What do you think it would take for us to get her to write more? The episodes I have liked the most this year are written by her.
Tobie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 01:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Kitty
I don't know. I got a different feeling from the ending of this episode. Lorelai sometimes talked of herself drunk when she was younger and I thought the image of Rory coming home drunk from a party was a flashback to Lorelai of herself coming home drunk from a party when she was much younger. I think this whole thing is going to turn on Emily and Richard. Logan is very much like Christopher.. wild, adventurous. Same as Christopher. I can see maybe Emily and Richard seeing Rory going down a road that Lorelai took.. going after the rich boy/bad boy.. coming home drunk, doing things she normally wouldn't do and immediately think that Rory is turning into Lorelai. This would possibly make Emily and Richard put more of a hold on Rory and pull those manipulative strings.. which may cause Rory to pull farther away from her grandparents. Might even put some drama with Lorelai if Lorelai tries to warn Rory about this and Rory turns around and tells her mom that she's doing the same thing she (Lorelai) did.

I don't know, that's just what I saw.
Actually, you're probably not the only person that saw that... but I just wanted to add my point of view. While I agree with what everyone here's been saying (that the Rory getting out of the limo drunk scene reminded Lorelai of a younger version of herself), I don't think it's going to culminate with Rory and her grandparents becoming more distant. I do think Lorelai is worried about Rory, esp. considering all her complications with Dean. Plus, she thought Rory didn't want to be a part of that world, and then there she is, enjoying it greatly, which of course is almost a slap in the face for Lorelai. I think it might lead to some form of conflict between the 2 of them, but I see it with Rory just telling her that she has her own life to lead (or something along those lines). As far as Rory being manipulated by her grandparents, it keeps happening every season, to the point where I'm thinking that Rory's beginning to finally catch on. I think in the long run it might put her off, but presently she's so focused on the 2 of them fixing their relationship that she's willing to make the sacrifice. Plus, we can't blame Rory for her naivete, it's what's "endearing" about her character. As for the Logan/Chris likeness, I see it but then again I don't. I absolutely adore Logan, and I love how he brings Rory to life (she's been quite 2-dimensional for a few seasons now). Anywho, I think everyone keeps forgetting that Chris/Lorelai were younger than Rory/Logan presently are, so I don't the wildness/lack of responsibility will be as strong in the latter 'relationship'. Plus, Logan has a backbone... I can't say I ever thought Chris had one. Logan is approaching Rory first as a friend, then as a girl he's attracted to (we saw this in last night's episode). I think his bond with her will be deeper (if allowed to develop), and I also think he'll be able to manage/manipulate Richard and Emily a LOT better than Chris ever could. I'll go as far as to say that he'd totally stand up for Rory in front of them, even at the possibility of telling them how antiquated their notions are. I do agree that him and Rory getting together might lead to Rory distancing herself from her grandparents... but I don't think that'll be b/c Logan reminds them of Chris, but rather b/c Logan will stand up against them for Rory.
---
Sark (to Sydney): You are so good, do you know that?
stranger451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread