Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2010, 11:36 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBoBBB (View Post)
I was never a fan of Baze on the show but as things progressed and he actually grew up I'm starting to like him to the point that I think he and Cate should be together.

Cate always seems to want to be the perfect person for Ryan to the point of lying to keep secrets from him. With Baze Cate seems to be more of a free spirit, she's able to be truthful with him because he doesn't seem to expect her to be perfect.
I liked your post I'm CB fan all the way, but just can't stand watching him with Emma right now.
On the other hand I'm liking Cate so much more this season. Shiri is amazing on the skin of Cate Cassidy: makes me nervous, makes me laugh.,..Most of the time I even forget she once was Liz Parker, the alien girfriend
Old 11-17-2010, 12:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Most of the time I even forget she once was Liz Parker, the alien girfriend
At the beginning of the show I had difficulty in seeing Shiri as Cate, in my mind she was still Liz Parker
But now I no longer think in Roswell when I watch LUX
I have to say that I like Cate much more than Liz
Old 11-17-2010, 09:09 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy_Van (View Post)
At the beginning of the show I had difficulty in seeing Shiri as Cate, in my mind she was still Liz Parker
But now I no longer think in Roswell when I watch LUX
I have to say that I like Cate much more than Liz
Vanessa: Me too!!!!! I love Cate so much more than Liz
I'm glad I found someone to agree
Old 11-18-2010, 06:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don't remember having a problem getting Cate confused with Liz Parker.

I do see similiarities between the two characters. They're both in a fish out of water situation, Cate finding out she has to try to support and raise a daughter she thought was having the great life she couldn't give her, and Liz trying to absorb the fact that the guy she's had a crush on for a while was an alien.

One difference is Shiri's acting, she's definitely learned her craft since the days of Roswell.

I can't say that I have a favorite between the two though.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBoBBB (View Post)

One difference is Shiri's acting, she's definitely learned her craft since the days of Roswell.
Shiri's acting is sooo good I'm absolutely impressed. She's a pleasure to watch. I'm really proud as her fan
Old 11-19-2010, 05:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Shiri is indeed better than ever this season. But.. I certainly have a preference when it comes to Cate vs. Liz. Liz Parker all the way.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:06 AM
Loyal Fan

But I have to say that even though I am team Ryan and love Shiri and Kerr together I haven't seen any actor having a chemestry with Shiri that was as amazing as the one she had with Jason Behr.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

No way Liz is much better

Liz would have never given up Lux (of course Liz would never have gotten drunk and got in the back seat with Kyle-nearest approximation)

Liz did not lie unless it was to help/save someone.

Liz thought things through carefully.

This BS of today where a so called Hero or so called normal person has to be so'flawed as
to belong in the local peculiar parlor or at best be a barely functioning
human being is total crap.

Cate could have been a much better person and still "interesting".
One reason the show is going down the tubes was the very stupid decision to make Cate basically unlikeable by many people with the rather dumb idea that they could remake her later on. Well guess what? The audience decided to leave.

Liz was a much better person and still very interesting; frankly more so than Cate was.

I love Shiri but this show shot itself in the head. Or I should say Tigelear shot the show in the head. Sad but move on.

I wish Live and Die in LA had been given the same shot LUX was; I think it could have been a huge hit. And the charactor Shiri played there would have been VERY interesting.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
Shiri is indeed better than ever this season. But.. I certainly have a preference when it comes to Cate vs. Liz. Liz Parker all the way.
this
i have to admit that i'm always a male characters fan. For some reason i usually dislike the women in tv-shows i don't know why.. maybe because sometimes they write them stereotyped... it's really rare when i actually love them
Liz is one of the few female characters that i really like
Cate is a character that i like and dislike at the same time
definitely i needed more seasons for her, to understand her and better see her layers.

although i think that they're such opposite different characters that comparing them is a bit useless....and It's obvious that personality-vise and character development Liz is an easy winner, at least for me. She was younger than Cate yet she was way more mature and strong as a person and she did things that Cate could never do. But it's also true that roswell was about an alien who fell in love with a human girl and that girl experienced things that you won't see in a show like Lux. So in the end the two characters are just too different because the story and its purpose was different.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:41 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper1944 (View Post)
Liz would have never given up Lux (of course Liz would never have gotten drunk and got in the back seat with Kyle-nearest approximation)
Hey! Liz wasn't abandoned by mother and father, to begin with.
That may change everything in someone's life.

Quote:
I wish Live and Die in LA had been given the same shot LUX was; I think it could have been a huge hit. And the charactor Shiri played there would have been VERY interesting.
She was definitely great in that pilot but I don't think it would have been such a hit.
Shiri is the classic "romantic hero". A woman other women identify with. Her beauty is not aggresive and then women like her. And then her best roles are on couples.
She makes others shine when they are with her in a scene. Her partners (Kris, Jason, Kerr) are way more appealing if she’s around, and a great part of Jason/Kris' success is due to Shiri. I have no doubt!!! She is very emphatic and a natural axe but I don't see her standing alone in a show, not a show like TLAD
Old 11-20-2010, 09:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper1944 (View Post)
Liz was a much better person and still very interesting; frankly more so than Cate was.
There were alot of Candies that would disagree with you. They always said Liz was boring.

Quote:
I love Shiri but this show shot itself in the head. Or I should say Tigelear shot the show in the head. Sad but move on.
So many storylines that the fans were waiting for this seaon and they never happened. Yeah, the writers killed this show.

Quote:
I loved the pilot and Shiri did a great job. I wasn't so sure of the premise of assassins though. Can't feel to much sympathy for contract killers whether their targets deserved it or not. But then Nikita seems to be doing all right. I also liked the fact that Shiri wasn't crying all the time, she actually looked like she was enjoying herself, the show was fun.

Ana Julia: I think the show had a great group of actors, Shiri wouldn't have to carry it, they could have been more of an ensemble.

Last edited by BBBoBBB; 11-20-2010 at 09:24 AM Reason: spelling
Old 11-21-2010, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

LUX is definitely shtty this season. It totally lost the core value that made it such a treat last year. The F word they kept touting around. It's gone now.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:10 AM
Absolute Fan

i've read that it's the CW that pushed certain choices. I'm not surprised, they always do it. They love trash shows
Old 11-22-2010, 12:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yep. They wanted Liz to bring in all these new characters and broaden the show with useless drama. It totally did a 180 from last year.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:45 AM
Absolute Fan

basically the CW is the reason of why, most likely, the show isn't getting good rating. Nothing new.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread