Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2022, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

I think I'll have time on Tuesday so I'm good to start!
gold-steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It's looking more like tomorrow for me as well I think
Old 02-28-2022, 09:38 PM
Elite Fan

Sounds good!
Old 03-01-2022, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Alright here I go!

-So it has been a couple weeks since the madness! And vines are lowkey taking over.
-Bumi made Bum-Ju a sweater which is adorable of him But more impressive was him airbending
-Those vines are very stubborn! They don't want to be vanquished and, unsurprisingly, Jinora is supportive of them as they are where the spirits live.
-Korra using an air glider and being sassy with the president
-8% approval rating
-Asami being there for Korra
-Bumi explaining the story that led up to him airbending is so cute Sadly it's understandable why nobody would believe him,
-Bolin's Mako imitation It's sweet that Bolin likes staying with the family and even describes them all one by one Brooding Mako is being a lone ranger at the police station.
-I love how Meelo was all for hurling a plate at his uncle It got the desired results! Everyone's reactions to Bumi airbending was priceless.
-"Wait until I tell mom. She's gonna love this." Aww yes Katara will love to hear the news about Bumi!
-Mako sleeping under his desk is a sad sight to see. He has a lot of excitement though! Bumi isn't the only one who has started airbending.
-Mako being so darn awkward with his exes A salute and everything! I like how Tenzin slid away from the three of them. I would have done the same
-Asami trying to teach Korra to drive and them talking about Mako. Bonding! I agree with Korra that I am glad Mako didn't ruin the relationship that they have with one another.
-Tenzin talking to Aang's statue (which is upright again!) and wishing he was there to see the new airbenders He had a sweet family moment with his kids as well. This is all such a big surprise for them!
-Korra's idea for the vines was a good one! Too bad it massively backfired.
-Korra trying to reach her past lives, but she knows she can't
-The first Tenzin and Korra heart to heart of the season
-The Avatar wisdom session. I feel like Korra being all "it depends on who you ask" after Bolin wondered whether it was good that it was a thing of the past was directed at the audience
-The poor new airbender guy! I'd be freaking out too if I suddenly had this ability that I couldn't control and don't even want.
-Someone needs to punch that president in the face. I get that he is dealing with a lot in his city, he's just so annoying.
-Korra and Tenzin off to find new airbenders
-Zaheer makes me the most uneasy out of the Korra villains I think it's really interesting to see airbending coming from someone who is clearly not the greatest person as he was in a high security prison cell.
Old 03-01-2022, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Bumi made Bum-Ju a sweater which is adorable of him But more impressive was him airbending
Bum-Ju is too cute! I'm sure he'd look adorable in the sweater. The Netflix episode description kind of spoiled Bumi airbending for me but it was still cool to see he suddenly had the skill.

Quote:
Those vines are very stubborn! They don't want to be vanquished and, unsurprisingly, Jinora is supportive of them as they are where the spirits live.
They grew back immediately after Korra burned them. I think Jinora has a point. The spirits do need a place to live I guess. The vines actually look kind of pretty I think but I imagine they're annoying.

Quote:
Korra using an air glider and being sassy with the president
Good for her!

Quote:
Asami being there for Korra
She knew exactly what to say.

Quote:
It's sweet that Bolin likes staying with the family and even describes them all one by one Brooding Mako is being a lone ranger at the police station.
It's cute how he seems like part of the family. His description of them was on point. Including Mako as a "broody teenager"
Quote:
Everyone's reactions to Bumi airbending was priceless.
I loved the faces there

Quote:
Mako sleeping under his desk is a sad sight to see. He has a lot of excitement though!
He's sleeping at the police station and got a door blown into him....Mako is not having a good day. But another airbender is exciting.

Quote:
Mako being so darn awkward with his exes A salute and everything! I like how Tenzin slid away from the three of them. I would have done the same
Yeah I do not blame Tenzin for wanting to be away from that mess

Quote:
Asami trying to teach Korra to drive and them talking about Mako. Bonding! I agree with Korra that I am glad Mako didn't ruin the relationship that they have with one another.
This was a super cute scene. I'm glad they're good friends now and they're not going to let a boy get between them. I loved how they both ignored him telling them to stay out of it.

Quote:
Tenzin talking to Aang's statue (which is upright again!) and wishing he was there to see the new airbenders He had a sweet family moment with his kids as well. This is all such a big surprise for them!
It must have been exciting learning that they weren't the only ones anymore and all the pressure wasn't on them. Tenzin and the kids all sounded so happy.

Quote:
Korra's idea for the vines was a good one! Too bad it massively backfired.
-Korra trying to reach her past lives, but she knows she can't
This was rough Being unable to reach her past lives is already affecting her. And she kind of just made things worse with the vines.

Quote:
The Avatar wisdom session. I feel like Korra being all "it depends on who you ask" after Bolin wondered whether it was good that it was a thing of the past was directed at the audience
I really like what he said about how change can be good or bad and how Korra shouldn't have to fix everything and bringing balance is really her true job. She did just that by whatever she did during harmonic convergence that allowed for more airbenders.

Quote:
I'd be freaking out too if I suddenly had this ability that I couldn't control and don't even want.
Yeah I get why he was so freaked out too. That's a big adjustment. Korra said the right things to him though.
Quote:
Korra and Tenzin off to find new airbenders
Road (or well air) trip

Quote:
Zaheer makes me the most uneasy out of the Korra villains I think it's really interesting to see airbending coming from someone who is clearly not the greatest person as he was in a high security prison cell.
He freaked me out a bit just from the like minute I saw this episode Airbending coming back also had some negative effects. We haven't really seen a bad airbender yet (though it is a small sample size ) so it's interesting to see one who seems like a villain. I guess there are bad people all around in the avatar world.
Old 03-02-2022, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
The Netflix episode description kind of spoiled Bumi airbending for me but it was still cool to see he suddenly had the skill.
Curse you, Netflix! Maybe avoid the descriptions Though it was discovered at the beginning of the episode at least.

Quote:
The vines actually look kind of pretty I think but I imagine they're annoying.
I definitely wouldn't be happy if they ruined my home!

Quote:
Including Mako as a "broody teenager"
Nobody will ever take that title from him

Quote:
I loved how they both ignored him telling them to stay out of it.
Mako should have known that he can't tell them what to do

Quote:
I really like what he said about how change can be good or bad and how Korra shouldn't have to fix everything and bringing balance is really her true job. She did just that by whatever she did during harmonic convergence that allowed for more airbenders.
Yes! The day to day tasks really aren't her responsibility or problem Helping restore airbenders is historical and will help bring more balance to the world which is what she is all about.

Quote:
He freaked me out a bit just from the like minute I saw this episode . Airbending coming back also had some negative effects.
Just wait I think it's important that airbending coming back isn't 100% a good thing. There always must be consequences I think I remember people complaining about how Zaheer already seemed to know what he was doing Guess he got a lot of tips from that book he read
Old 03-02-2022, 09:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Maybe avoid the descriptions Though it was discovered at the beginning of the episode at least.
I should try to stop reading them But yeah at least only the first like minute was spoiled.

Quote:
Mako should have known that he can't tell them what to do
Of course not

Quote:
Just wait I think it's important that airbending coming back isn't 100% a good thing. There always must be consequences I think I remember people complaining about how Zaheer already seemed to know what he was doing Guess he got a lot of tips from that book he read
Oh gosh Yeah for everything that happens there are always good and bad effects. He did seem to have a better handle on airbending than Bumi or Daw but yeah maybe from the book
Old 03-03-2022, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I can understand the descriptions can be hard to resist

Zaheer was ready to fight the second he got that airbending It's like he was always waiting for that moment.
Old 03-05-2022, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

It did seem like he was super prepared for it!

I watched the next episode!
Rebirth
-Asami coming through and providing a cool airship for the team's field trip to find the airbenders!
-Mako's soooo awkward around Korra still. It was nice of him to help by making that map though. And it's sweet that she wants him to come along.
-Aw Kya's a good aunt to the kids. Even if Rohan threw up on her
-I love Bolin pointing out that Mako doesn't have much of a life right now He's not wrong. Also at Bolin imitating an old woman. I'm happy Mako agrees to go along in end and the bros are going to see where their family came from
-Zaheer's after more of the white lotus....and breaking someone else out of prison
-Poor Bolin getting a pie in the face The new airbenders don't have much control.
-I kind of get why some people wouldn't want to completely drop their lives and relocate the air temple. They don't have the same connection to the culture that Tenzin and his kids do. No one really anticipated that.
-The little graphic showing the team moving is cute! Even if no one bites....even to Korra's tough love approach.
-Another prison break. I know they're the villains so I shouldn't be happy they're free but these are kind of fun to watch because there are so many cool bending techniques
-Bumi and Bolin with the great idea to have an airbending demonstration to show people how cool it is. I think they just need a bit of convincing.
-The demonstration's really fun. They do make airbending look really cool! Bolin would be a great wrestling announcer And poor Mako getting dragged into it. Korra seems to enjoy messing with him a bit
-I do get why Kai feels like airbending changed him and why he wants to turn over a new leaf there. It definitely feels like a fresh start for him and being a part of the air nation will give him a family he never really had.
-Though Mako's in full on cop mode with him. At least Jinora seems to be on his side
-Omg a Zuko sighting! Though not in a good context with three (and probably soon to be four) scary prison escapees.
Old 03-07-2022, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Asami coming through and providing a cool airship for the team's field trip to find the airbenders!
-Mako's soooo awkward around Korra still. It was nice of him to help by making that map though. And it's sweet that she wants him to come along.
-Aw Kya's a good aunt to the kids. Even if Rohan threw up on her
-I love how she just came through the door like it was no biggie. She just had a gorgeous airship laying around. What of it?
-It feels like Mako is really isolating himself He is welcomed with open arms, but he is letting his awkward feelings control his actions.
-I love how she cleaned up that mess so easily with waterbending

Quote:
-I love Bolin pointing out that Mako doesn't have much of a life right now. He's not wrong. Also at Bolin imitating an old woman. I'm happy Mako agrees to go along in end and the bros are going to see where their family came from
-Zaheer's after more of the white lotus....and breaking someone else out of prison
-I do love Bolin's way of being savage yet endearing He WAS right. What great life is it that Mako can't leave when he is sleeping under his desk? Bolin's dramatic story was just the thing to get Mako to join It's nice to be headed toward more backstory for them!
-I find the high security prison set ups to be so interesting. An earthbender being locked up on the water makes sense. The way he so quickly turned the rocks to lava

Quote:
-Poor Bolin getting a pie in the face. The new airbenders don't have much control.
-I kind of get why some people wouldn't want to completely drop their lives and relocate the air temple. They don't have the same connection to the culture that Tenzin and his kids do. No one really anticipated that.
-Luckily Bolin and Pabu love pie Zaheer seems to be the only one who knows how to master his new ability.
-I sure as heck wouldn't want to leave my world behind Poor Tenzin was surprised. He couldn't fathom that not everyone would be just as excited as he is about all of this.

Quote:
-The little graphic showing the team moving is cute! Even if no one bites....even to Korra's tough love approach.
-Another prison break. I know they're the villains so I shouldn't be happy they're free but these are kind of fun to watch because there are so many cool bending techniques
-It was adorable! Tenzin's approach to winning people over was awful. Nobody wants to shave their head and be vegetarians Korra's approach was no better. She really was about to break that boy
-The prison breaks are awesome to watch The way she uses water in place of her arms is really impressive

Quote:
-Bumi and Bolin with the great idea to have an airbending demonstration to show people how cool it is. I think they just need a bit of convincing.
-The demonstration's really fun. They do make airbending look really cool! Bolin would be a great wrestling announcer. And poor Mako getting dragged into it. Korra seems to enjoy messing with him a bit
-I love their bright energy so much! They have great showmanship, especially Bolin. He is a famous actor after all
-They put on quite a show for sure! It's always startling to see a half naked Tenzin I love how both Korra and Asami were giggling about Korra messing with Mako. It's just a little bit of karma

Quote:
-I do get why Kai feels like airbending changed him and why he wants to turn over a new leaf there. It definitely feels like a fresh start for him and being a part of the air nation will give him a family he never really had.
-Though Mako's in full on cop mode with him. At least Jinora seems to be on his side
-Omg a Zuko sighting! Though not in a good context with three (and probably soon to be four) scary prison escapees.
-I love how instantly Bolin wanted to be his big brother I can imagine being an airbender would change someone Kai has had a rough go of it so he deserves at least a chance to try.
-Mako used to be Kai so his suspicions are legit and I guess one person needs to be uneasy right? Jinora has a little crush which is adorable
-The way he just rode off on a DRAGON
Old 03-07-2022, 09:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I love how she just came through the door like it was no biggie. She just had a gorgeous airship laying around.
The perks of running Future Industries

Quote:
It feels like Mako is really isolating himself
I hadn't really noticed this till you pointed it out but yeah. Everyone seems to want him around but he's staying away mostly by choice.

Quote:
It's nice to be headed toward more backstory for them!
Yes I'm excited to see this!

Quote:
I find the high security prison set ups to be so interesting. An earthbender being locked up on the water makes sense. The way he so quickly turned the rocks to lava
They're all so isolated and in places where they can't really bend. It reminds me of how they showed they kept the waterbenders away from literally all sources of water in the Puppetmaster episode. The lavabending was cool though! The villains always get cool bending

Quote:
I sure as heck wouldn't want to leave my world behind Poor Tenzin was surprised. He couldn't fathom that not everyone would be just as excited as he is about all of this.
Yeah I'd want to keep my life too I think. But Tenzin was so excited he didn't really think not everyone would be.

Quote:
Mako used to be Kai so his suspicions are legit and I guess one person needs to be uneasy right? Jinora has a little crush which is adorable
Yeah I do get where Mako is coming from. And things would just be too easy if they all accepted Kai right away. Jinora's crush is super cute!
Quote:
The way he just rode off on a DRAGON
And he has a dragon! Even better!
Old 03-08-2022, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I hadn't really noticed this till you pointed it out but yeah. Everyone seems to want him around but he's staying away mostly by choice.
He wanted to hide from the awkwardness and got rather stubborn about it

Quote:
They're all so isolated and in places where they can't really bend. It reminds me of how they showed they kept the waterbenders away from literally all sources of water in the Puppetmaster episode. The lavabending was cool though! The villains always get cool bending
That's right! There was also that episode in season 1 of ATLA where all those earthbenders were brought on a ship where there was nothing there for them to bend (or so they thought). Villains being awful, but impressive

Quote:
Jinora's crush is super cute!
It's what she deserves

Quote:
And he has a dragon! Even better!
An airship is cool and everything, but he has them all beat
Old 03-08-2022, 08:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
He wanted to hide from the awkwardness and got rather stubborn about it
Mako's very stubborn

Quote:
! There was also that episode in season 1 of ATLA where all those earthbenders were brought on a ship where there was nothing there for them to bend (or so they thought). Villains being awful, but impressive
Oooo this too! They were definitely trying to keep them from bending. Though that didn't really work in any of those situations.
Old 03-09-2022, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm amazed that those firebenders didn't think of them being able to use the coal! Then again they hadn't been very bright
Old 03-09-2022, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah that wasn't very smart of them. The fire nation military didn't seem the smartest from what we saw on the show though Also their schools weren't the best

I think I'll have time for the next episode on Friday!
Reply   Post New Thread