Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2024, 12:35 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
and the firebenders had bent the fire in the environment like in the movie. Of course, without doing so many acrobatics.
That's not how firebending works though. It comes from their breath. It's the fire they have inside of them. The firebending in the series is probably (imo) the element they nailed the best in terms of fysicality and look.
Old 03-04-2024, 01:05 PM
New Fan

Shouldn't they bend ambient fire for realism?, Aang should bend ambient air, Katara should bend ambient water, Toph should bend ambient earth, we haven't seen her cat yet, I think it would be fair for Zuko to bend ambient fire.
Casper3n0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
As a huge ATLA fan I really liked this adaptation, they have done a great job imo. Creators being involved is the true way of making adaptations imo. I really loved the casting. Their acting was great. Characterization was top notch!!! I really loved them Cinematography and CGI elements were done well. Some bending was still not smooth as the animation version of course but definitely not disturbing, and very well done in many ways. I have enjoyed the fight careographies very much, with martial arts. Appa was amazing. Momo was amazing I loved the artistic design, custom designs and details. I liked how they combined some of the seperate episodes and it still made sense this way too. I liked the early introduction of Ozai and Azula. I liked the changes in Chao's SL. I liked to see the events from 100 years ago just from the start. I loved to see avatar Kyoshi just from the start! And that fight scene was incredible!!! I feel like they'll have a live action for her too, which I'd loved it I am sure
You summed up everything I feel about the show too! Overall everything is really well done. There weren't that many things I missed from the cartoon actually, but an extra episode or two would have been nice. 8 episodes isn't a lot, but I thought they did a great job of condensing everything and adding some new backstory.

Goodness I don't even remember how firebending in the movie looked. It's been so long since I watched it. I also remember the cast not being great but again I haven't seen it in sooo long. I guess with firebending it isn't really about being "realistic". It is a fantasy show after all.
Quote:
The firebending in the series is probably (imo) the element they nailed the best in terms of fysicality and look.
Yeah I thought the firebending looked really good. I thought the earthbending looked the tiniest bit off (though all the effects were great) but it's probably harder to CGI an solid object rather than something more fluid (which all the other elements are).
gold-steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper3n0 (View Post)
Shouldn't they bend ambient fire for realism?, Aang should bend ambient air, Katara should bend ambient water, Toph should bend ambient earth, we haven't seen her cat yet, I think it would be fair for Zuko to bend ambient fire.
Realistically, in the ATLAverse, these elements are in people's nature as they are and in different forms. They are all basically energy forms, their chi. So firebenders have their fire and they bend it as well as the ambient fire. The movie version was not correct in that sense either. There are specialized techniques originated from the 4 main elements. Such as bloodbending and spirit bending for waterbenders. Metalbending and lavabending for earthbenders. Lightening bending and combustion bending for firebenders. Advanced airbending for airbenders such as flying. For instance, in the live action Aang is shown as advanced airbender as he does not need any instrument for flying, unlike the animation version. And we saw Azula lightening bending, so she is shown as an advanced firebender. Iroh and Ozai are capable of that too as I recall. Before one can use these specialized techniques, they must fully master the bending art the technique originates from
Old 03-06-2024, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yessss!!!! Word is they will be filming these seasons back to back which is what we were hoping for!

Quote:
I would probably say 8. It was fun to watch and really enjoyable but there are a few improvements they could make going into season 2.
I think this is where I am landing after watching it a second time It was probably more like 7.5 originally, but grew on me! Hopefully improvements are coming our way!

β˜‚Rae
pink velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 08:49 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I'll give it an 8. The highs are so high that they compensate for the lows. (1x04 / 1x06 my beloved)
Old 03-06-2024, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I plan to rewatch it with my mum as she likes fantasy a lot but she has no idea what avatar is.

My fave episodes are 1, 6 and 8.
Arrakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

I'm actually smiling so big right now seeing how excited everyone is about the renewal! It would make so much sense for them to film all at once. The cast won't age as much.

I need to do a rewatch too. Maybe this weekend!

Definitely room for improvement in season 2 but the good parts of the show are so soooo good.
gold-steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Yep fully agree.
Old 03-07-2024, 03:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Im happy for the cast and to see them grow

I reckon 8 is what I give as well

I love you
it's ruining my life
{β™₯}
fire for a heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I give 8.5 I really loved it
Old 03-07-2024, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Fingers crossed that they can get more than 8 episodes for these next two seasons. I feel like there is so much MORE to accomplish with these amazing stories, especially compared to the first season of the animation.

β˜‚Rae
pink velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Yes to not make it feel rushed I think they really do need 10 episodes, the final season especially, so let's hope they can convince netflix to give them two more episodes per season, even if the budget gets stretched out a bit.
Old 03-07-2024, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wish they would have 10 episodes, condensing SLs to episodes makes things rushed generally. But considering that is the allowed amount of episodes they have done a great job imo
Old 03-07-2024, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

They might get two more if albert kim is very convincing lol.
Reply   Post New Thread