View Single Post
Old 03-04-2024, 08:14 PM
gold-steps
Elite Fan

Quote:
As a huge ATLA fan I really liked this adaptation, they have done a great job imo. Creators being involved is the true way of making adaptations imo. I really loved the casting. Their acting was great. Characterization was top notch!!! I really loved them Cinematography and CGI elements were done well. Some bending was still not smooth as the animation version of course but definitely not disturbing, and very well done in many ways. I have enjoyed the fight careographies very much, with martial arts. Appa was amazing. Momo was amazing I loved the artistic design, custom designs and details. I liked how they combined some of the seperate episodes and it still made sense this way too. I liked the early introduction of Ozai and Azula. I liked the changes in Chao's SL. I liked to see the events from 100 years ago just from the start. I loved to see avatar Kyoshi just from the start! And that fight scene was incredible!!! I feel like they'll have a live action for her too, which I'd loved it I am sure
You summed up everything I feel about the show too! Overall everything is really well done. There weren't that many things I missed from the cartoon actually, but an extra episode or two would have been nice. 8 episodes isn't a lot, but I thought they did a great job of condensing everything and adding some new backstory.

Goodness I don't even remember how firebending in the movie looked. It's been so long since I watched it. I also remember the cast not being great but again I haven't seen it in sooo long. I guess with firebending it isn't really about being "realistic". It is a fantasy show after all.
Quote:
The firebending in the series is probably (imo) the element they nailed the best in terms of fysicality and look.
Yeah I thought the firebending looked really good. I thought the earthbending looked the tiniest bit off (though all the effects were great) but it's probably harder to CGI an solid object rather than something more fluid (which all the other elements are).
gold-steps is offline   Reply With Quote