Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-17-2014, 06:02 AM
Elite Fan

Sorry I haven't been on for the last few days! We had a family party on Saturday, then we were all DYING from hangovers on Sunday. I spent yesterday clearing out the house of all our junk, and now today I will be cleaning it. Notice how you always end up with mess when you get rid of stuff?

Anyway, I haven't seen GoT or 24 yet, so I'm trying to stay off the Internet for now. Will be back on when I've seen them to catch up with this thread.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Not Dead (View Post)
Sorry I haven't been on for the last few days! We had a family party on Saturday, then we were all DYING from hangovers on Sunday. I spent yesterday clearing out the house of all our junk, and now today I will be cleaning it. Notice how you always end up with mess when you get rid of stuff?

Anyway, I haven't seen GoT or 24 yet, so I'm trying to stay off the Internet for now. Will be back on when I've seen them to catch up with this thread.
Happens to me too! Whenever I clean up, it's a mess again. Apparently my organization skills are terrible .
Old 06-17-2014, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ready for Brasil x Mexico
Old 06-18-2014, 03:35 AM
Master Fan

Okay, i did the graduation thing and I just submitted a bucketload of job applications. and I'm meeting with my old thesis mentor tomorrow to discuss a possible job lead in an information security company. Wish me luck.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:45 AM
Ultimate Fan

0 -0 , today is Spain again and they have to win!!!

That is great Sam. Good luck

How are you all?
Old 06-18-2014, 08:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hathaross (View Post)
0 -0 , today is Spain again and they have to win!!!

That is great Sam. Good luck

How are you all?
Pretty good. I hope this place comes alive again. Sure has been quiet for the last few days!
Old 06-18-2014, 12:34 PM
Master Fan

Sorry I haven't been here lately you know, school. Today we had the pathology exam and I'm not sure how I did. Mixed feelings...well, I hope I passed it.

Sadly Spain isn't this good as in 2010
Old 06-18-2014, 08:41 PM
Master Fan

My sister passed her NCLEX exam and she is finally a licensed Registered Nurse.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois

Last edited by baelfire24; 06-19-2014 at 01:46 PM
Old 06-18-2014, 10:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Today, the Red Sox beat the Twins 2-1 in the 10th inning, after nine scoreless innings.

Then Croatia beat the crap out of Cameroon.

And my future husband stood there on the sidelines looking like a young Luka with better grooming habits.

So yeah, now I'm scared because as a Boston fan I know that good things do not last, and in fact are generally followed by epic, spectacular fails. So I'm assuming that somehow, one of the Red Sox will foul a ball during a game and it will fly to Brazil and hit one of the Croatian players on the head.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baelfire24 (View Post)
Congrats to your sister

Waaah, I'm really sad that Spain is out, but the way they played, they didn't even deserve to win. Well, they didn't even try too hard

But now I can fully root for Brazil. I just hope Germany doesn't win the world cup (they've always been rivals for us Austrians )

Awww baseball...reminds me of my visit in the Yankee's stadium, when I was in NY. We saw the players on training Well, I'm not really a fan of any baseball team, but I got a Rodriguez shirt nevertheless
Old 06-19-2014, 05:27 AM
Chief Geek

Gee thanks for posting that Ortiz GIF Pando, I can't view that enough. I am happy about the fact the Twins held their own with the Sox. I was expecting the Boston Massacre on the baseball field. I was going to put the world cup on the TV at work yesterday, but the cable company messed something up and the non-local channels are gone.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:38 AM
Elite Fan

Sam - good luck! Fingers crossed for you.

Quote:
That is fantastic, congratulations to her.

My extended family is flying into town today, so I have been running around cleaning everything, including under the sink of the upstairs bathroom. Because when stressful relatives are on the way, instinct tells you, "THEY MIGHT GO UP TWO FLIGHTS OF STAIRS TO PEE AND INSPECT UNDER THE SINK!"

Just in case I explode from the irritation of having them all under one roof - it was nice knowing you guys, and continue to stalk Julianna/Maura in my memory.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:48 AM
Ultimate Fan

So sad Spain didn´t got to win a match, only one. We all are very proud of what they did 4 years ago, and they also won the Europe cope the same year so... We have said that the team need new football players. Puyol was a great defense player but it´s retired... well, a lot of things that have to be changed so good luck to the others teams

We have a new King!!!! And a Queen !!! And the little new princess and her sister. A historic day for our country

Quote:
Great, congrats!!!!!!

All nurses from USA have to pass that exam or it´s only for the ones that are not from USA?

I like baseball but it´s not a main sports here so I only hear about it when someone (like in this case) talk about it. I have the NY cap though

Quote:
Just in case I explode from the irritation of having them all under one roof - it was nice knowing you guys, and continue to stalk Julianna/Maura in my memory.
Enjoy with all your family and patience...

Last edited by hathaross; 06-19-2014 at 08:00 AM
Old 06-19-2014, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Congrats to your sister!

Sad for Spain, yeah I didn't expect them to win two cups in a row, but being eliminated so soon?

Quote:
now I can fully root for Brazil

To be honest, I just want us to win because the cup is IN Brazil, otherwise I wouldn't care as much, the team sucks right now, wtf was that match against Mexico??

I had an endoscopy (sp??) two days ago to see if gastritis was the reason I keep feeling nauseous all the time. But the doctor said there's nothing wrong with my stomach or any of the other organs that he saw in the exam...so, I still don't know what's wrong. Probably still the stupid labyrinthitis Anyway, I was really afraid of the exam, until they sedated me, and when I woke up it was done, and I slept for the rest of the morning. My mom had a blast at my talking nonsense while the doctor and nurse tried to talk to me and wake me up
Old 06-19-2014, 10:14 AM
Master Fan

Well, as I said before, the Brazilian team isn't the same anymore as in the 2002 era. That was the best team they had, IMO. But Neymar is a veeery good player, but it seems that he's the only one in the team right now. Well, hopefully they'll make it better the next time...

Oh wow, you had an endoscopy...that's always my fear, I don't want to have one. Here they don't sedate you, only if it is really necessary. Glad you got through it And I'm really glad that they didn't find anything wrong!