Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-14-2014, 08:59 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hey I don´t believe in that kind of things. In fact, here is on Tuesday 13th, not friday.

Now that you mentioned nursing home.... The day before yesterday I went to a nursing home with a friend of mine, she did practice there, and took me to see my grandma´s sister. By years I have not seen her since she started to be ill with Alzheimer's. Oh god, she was not her, I mean physically. I think it's one of the worst diseases. Not be you anymore. I spoke to her and said names of my family, I took her hand and she grabbed mine weakly, a tear dropped.... but as far as I know, she can´t remember nothing since the last time she spoke, the disease is very advanced, but I don´t know to what extent her mind or subconscious can remember something even she can not express herself. Was a little hard to see her like that. The last time I saw her was healthy and fine.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the good wishes, girls

Sis, I'm happy for you, I mean, it won't be easy, that's for sure, but I know you'll do great!

I was disappointed as well, about Spain

Quote:
I think it's one of the worst diseases. Not be you anymore.
My grandmother has had Alzheimer's for many years now and it's the scariest thing I've ever seen happen to someone I'm close to, really, to not even know where or WHEN you are now, to not remember anyone or anything they say to you. The disgusting habits, the weight loss, the apathy, the scared look she has on her face when we get mad at her, like she truly doesn't understand where that is coming from cause she already forgot what she did. It's awful.

Last edited by Aurora Cormier; 06-14-2014 at 11:31 AM
Old 06-14-2014, 12:00 PM
Extreme Fan

My grandmother had Alzheimer's. She died in a car accident not long after she began going downhill, which I guess was merciful, for her not to have to suffer and for us not to watch her suffer. I've had nightmares about having it, myself. I can't imagine living like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra (View Post)
Congrats Pando! Any pics with you and Hillary?

Yes! By which I mean, this is a picture of my arm with Hillary. Thanks, Getty Images!
Old 06-14-2014, 12:05 PM
Master Fan

Well, I'll give my best, of course, to be there for the patients who need me. That's why I want to do the job

Wow Pando, great picture of your arm with Hillary

Sorry to hear about your relatives with Alzheimer's. My neighbour had it too, it's such a bad thing to happen to them
Old 06-14-2014, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My boyfriend and my uncle are graduating, so, party tonight
Old 06-14-2014, 01:38 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra (View Post)

Wow Pando, great picture of your arm with Hillary
I mean, I get to see her looking at me like she's interested, so I'm pretty happy with it. I know what my face looks like, so I don't need to see it.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

OMG, Pandorama, you met Hillary!!! That's too cool! I'm hoping she runs for President in 2016!
Old 06-14-2014, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Playing with my new tablet
Old 06-14-2014, 11:55 PM
Master Fan

I really hope my sister passes her NCLEX exam on Monday.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 06-15-2014, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What's the NCLEX?
Old 06-15-2014, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Chambers (View Post)
What's the NCLEX?
It is an exam that future nurses have to take to get their nursing license.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 06-15-2014, 01:20 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yes, that is a exam to be able to work later in USA. I read about it. It´s pretty difficult. Who knows... if someday I will take it
Old 06-15-2014, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That'd be cool Ainara

Baby Gabriel is here
Old 06-16-2014, 09:40 AM
Ultimate Fan

Enjoy your time with him

Does anyone see Game of Thrones? OH.MY.GOD !! What a last episode!!! It was amazing. Time to start reading the books I guess, I can´t wait a year to know what will happen. (Although I prefer to watch it)
Old 06-16-2014, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't watched GoT yet. It doesn't look like my kind of show at all, but I might try it someday.

Where's everyone today??