Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-06-2014, 07:41 AM
Ultimate Fan

That distance is like Spain north to south (excluding the islands). I want to visit some of the states of Spain too, East Coast, Barcelona, Valencia... i´m trying to persuade some of my friends for this summer
Old 06-06-2014, 07:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Chambers (View Post)
Cathy and Jessica, I'm a bit lost in your conversation?
It was a gif hunt through out
Old 06-06-2014, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ahhhhhhhh okay
Old 06-06-2014, 08:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugjess (View Post)
I love this kitty! Always has been a cat lover and this one is so cute.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:08 AM
Ultimate Fan

Aaaw that cat!! Lately I'm looking forward to having a cat but we have never had a pet at home so I don´t think it will happen....
Old 06-06-2014, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, sorry Ainara We had a cat once and I loved it SO much, but one day an evil neighbor took it away while we weren't home, because she didn't like it We've always had dogs, though, I think the most we went without one in the house was...a couple of months, before Kiko showed up at our door
Old 06-06-2014, 11:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Chambers (View Post)
Stephen, how did you get your Master's degree? I wanna get started on mine, but I'm SO lost. I mean, the colleges here make it so difficult to get in, and the only teacher who really seemed interested in orienting (right word?) me is in BRASÍLIA, which is, like, 1000km away and a super expensive place to live
I went straight into it after finishing my B.A. in 2011. I applied to a bunch of places, and even got accepted to Oxford Brookes, but I couldn't get financial backing. So, I took out a graduate loan from my bank which covered the cost of tuition here at the university where I did my M.A. I was able to live at home and work part-time while I did the Master's. Starting this September, I have to repay my bank loan *gulp* - Where did the three years go???
Old 06-06-2014, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

But how did you do it, I mean, did you have to present a "project" first, or take a test or anything?
Old 06-08-2014, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

No, not really. I just had to have a BA in a relevant subject and had to have a certain grade average. The MA was a taught degree, as opposed to research, so it was more like an advanced extra year of my BA, rather than a whole new thing. But with this PhD, I had to pitch an entire research project before being accepted.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh, see, here in Brazil, to get accepted in the MA program I was interested in, you need:

- a research project
- a very hard examination (they recommend the bibliography the test will be based on - the university I was interested in simply recommended 4 books: one in Portuguese, one in English, one in Spanish, and one in French. Yep.)
- a language proficiency examination
- an interview to present your project

Old 06-09-2014, 03:24 AM
Elite Fan

Wow, that is so much more advanced than any MA programme here in the UK/Ireland! With science/medicine-based MAs, prospective students might have to go through that sort of process, but it's never the case for Languages/Literature/Education/etc.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm thinking of taking my MA in the UK
Old 06-10-2014, 07:42 AM
Ultimate Fan

Here you need money!!! and good marks to be chosen in the order of your qualification.

Ju, we can go to UK together, you for your MA and I for work
Old 06-10-2014, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG that'd be SO amazing, we could be roomies!!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2014, 07:53 AM
Ultimate Fan

Yes We will not have any problems about series and that sort of things