Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2021, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I need to rewatch, but I was kinda meh on the episode. The highlights were definitely Carson/Ryan/Ace on a roadtrip. Nancy is in a really bad emotional state right now. I really didn't care about the lisbeth/Bess thing because she is the least interesting drew crew member. Loved all the george/nick stuff.
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 10:49 AM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah definitely rewatch. I liked it a little better the second time around. And I'll probably watch it at least once more. I usually watch episodes four times to help with my giffing.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Alright I just rewatched. I liked it better rewatching it too!

-Ace needs to teach me how to bypass academic paywalls
-Ace, Carson, and Ryan on the road trip together is perfect. Ace's chicken example
-It was nice to see Lisbeth! I feel like we manifested her since we've been talking about it so much!
-It's nice to see another one of George's sisters. I remember George mentioning she wanted to be a marine biologist in season 1 and I love how they brought it back.
-Kennedy is awesome in the scene when Nancy goes off on the tour guide! Nancy said we tell accurate histories and make sure women get their stories told!
-Ryan at the museum....I guess he still has access to the family money. Imagine being able to buy literally whatever you want.
-It's nice to see Bess and Nancy together. I love Bess opening up to Nancy and Nancy teasing Bess with the bed. The basement is very creepy
-"Hey tell us more about the murder" the way they nailed true crime fans (for lack of a better word)
-Poor Agnes locked in the basement and thought to be crazy
-Poor Jesse. Customer service is not fun or easy. She's a good big sister too, looking after the other girls while George works!
-Nick "Well you never asked" because they were just FWBs!
-Agnes scratching on the table is pretty creepy. Slight Ghost Adventures vibes.
-It’s kinda cute how Ryan and Carson are both worried about Nancy. And I like Ryan helping Nancy. Good to see he can think
-The music is excellent this episode!
-Poor Odette/Queen Aglaeca
-Interesting to see Reverend Hudson working with Douglas Marvin I guess they got along at some point.
-The Nick and George scene is perfection. How he didn’t push her to say ILY back, what he said about her taking care of others and saying that she doesn’t need anyone to take care of her, her making a joke of it and saying “Am I that good in bed?” which is very her.
-Also interesting to hear Nick mention the flashdrive again!
-George with Jesse is also really sweet
-Ace writing to his dad
-The last scene at the beach is really good!

Quote:
you know who else loved cars + was a boy scout?

Quote:
Will we ever get payoff to the 1x18 Nancy and Ace scene where he says he's here if she ever wants to talk?
I really hope we see them talk and her open up a bit
gold-steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 07:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Ace needs to teach me how to bypass academic paywalls
I was like...that's a handy skill!!!!

Quote:
"Hey tell us more about the murder" the way they nailed true crime fans (for lack of a better word)
Maybe he'll come back and Nancy's website will have an actual fan club with merchandise! Can you imagine someone wearing a T-shirt with Nancy's face? They can get really meta.

Quote:
Interesting to see Reverend Hudson working with Douglas Marvin I guess they got along at some point.
Money is a powerful motivator!

Quote:
Nick "Well you never asked" because they were just FWBs!
Old 02-11-2021, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

Your gifs in this thread are perfect

Quote:
Can you imagine someone wearing a T-shirt with Nancy's face? They can get really meta
This would be hilarious
Old 02-11-2021, 09:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks!

And Ace will buy one and wear it.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't have time to watch the episode today but I'm planning on watching it tomorrow! Love reading all your thoughts and that you liked the ep better the second time!
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
fall like stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 09:42 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yes, please watch. I want to see what you think!!
Old 02-11-2021, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Hi everyone! I really enjoyed reading all your thoughts.

- The Carson / Ryan / Ace road trip with Ace's "chicken" and "farmer" hypothetical was pure gold. Sweet to see him helping out his future in-laws. It was nice to the Ace/Nancy crumbs in this episode that everyone mentioned. Hopefully we will get a real conversation soon...
- Nancy telling off the tour guide.
- I really loved seeing both of Nancy's fathers worrying about her... and it was sweet of Ryan to help her and let her know that he wants to have a relationship with her.
- Poor Odette. Poor Agnes.
- Nick's "Well, you never asked." Ouch.
- Nick/George. What can I say about their scene that hasn't been said? I especially loved that he didn't push her to say ILY back. It was absolute perfection.
- George and Jesse were so precious, too. George wanting her little sister to know that she loves her and that she's not alone in the world.
- The last scene was cool! Can't wait to see how the Aglaeca curse storyline ends.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
Hi everyone! I really enjoyed reading all your thoughts.

- The Carson / Ryan / Ace road trip with Ace's "chicken" and "farmer" hypothetical was pure gold. Sweet to see him helping out his future in-laws. It was nice to the Ace/Nancy crumbs in this episode that everyone mentioned. Hopefully we will get a real conversation soon...
- Nancy telling off the tour guide.
- I really loved seeing both of Nancy's fathers worrying about her... and it was sweet of Ryan to help her and let her know that he wants to have a relationship with her.
- Poor Odette. Poor Agnes.
- Nick's "Well, you never asked." Ouch.
- Nick/George. What can I say about their scene that hasn't been said? I especially loved that he didn't push her to say ILY back. It was absolute perfection.
- George and Jesse were so precious, too. George wanting her little sister to know that she loves her and that she's not alone in the world.
- The last scene was cool! Can't wait to see how the Aglaeca curse storyline ends.
Keri welcome. I love all of your thoughts. I watched again and something felt a little disjointed about the episode. I liked individual parts but it felt like ghcrewwas too split up but not in a hood way. I enjoyed the road trip with Nancy and her men., I loved the George and nick moment. But, I can’t quite put my finger in what was so different.
Old 02-12-2021, 06:34 AM
Moderator Support Team

Keri, loved reading your thoughts! Hehehe Ace and his future in-laws. I could totally see someone mocking him one day being like "You're gonna marry into THAT?"

Quote:
I watched again and something felt a little disjointed about the episode.
Yes. This is how I feel. It's like...there were several good parts, but they just didn't flow together very well.
Old 02-12-2021, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

My very long and detailed review/recap thingy is up

https://heavenlyreviewsca.wordpress....ried-treasure/
Old 02-12-2021, 07:31 PM
Elite Fan

Loved reading your thoughts Keri and great review Shu!
Old 02-12-2021, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold-steps (View Post)
Loved reading your thoughts Keri and great review Shu!
I actually got this one done in under a week
Old 02-12-2021, 08:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

OMG...your review had me

Quote:
Ace’s attempts at playing peacemaker aren’t the best either. You need someone who can crack a whip not a soft-spoken maybe stoner.
He gets an A for effort though.