Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Elite Fan

*goes to check out challenge*

I have the new Nick Sparks waiting to be read... And I wonder does me re-reading Twilight count?

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ
Old 01-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

you can include re-reads if you want.

My next book to read is "Son of a Witch" the follow up to Wicked (The untold story of the Wiches of Oz). I plan to re-read the Harry Potter series and Twilight too.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Elite Fan

I've just finished BD last night, now I'm trying to remember which ones I read in the new year
Ah, HP, since the movie is out this summer, I'll probably be catching up on that, too... and I'm thinking of buying the Jamie&Claire Outlander books, cause I barely remember them.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I need to add those to my shopping list. Deb and Bea went on about them forever and I have always meant to look for them.

I have way too many books on my shelves that i haven't read.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Elite Fan

Amazon has them I already have the in my Shopping Basket there, I just need to find money now Might be the summer before I get there

Ah, the only book I have at the moment are those that I've read tons of times Tho I never actually read the full Lord of the Rings in English, even though I have the book.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

I need to find a new (good!) book to read...Karen, I got Wicked a while ago and really really tried to read it but just couldn't get into it for some reason.

avi: Beatriz
Old 01-10-2009, 05:15 AM
Obsessed Fan

There used to be (it probably still is) a LJ community which also has a similar challenge. I joined but then didn't manage to follow up. I am usually so tired from reading various texts to translate during the day that I barely manage to read anything in the evening, so it's usually on the bus or while waiting at the doc's...should fix that, I know

How is everyone today? I have to translate a superboring pharmaceutical text into English by Monday morning and find it really hard to concentrate at times...thank god for translation software so that it's at least a bit faster

Dora

"Freedom"is having the right to live as you choose. It's not the right to choose how everyone else lives - JVDB
I am fighting for you, Ziva - Tony & Ziva
Old 01-10-2009, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I could use some heat too guys. Brrr....

Sorry its been days since i posted here. I read more than 50 books a year anyway, so thats no challenge. Im reading The Bourne Sanction by Robert Ludlum/Eric Van Lustbader right now. Twilight books are next.

Im going to see Australia tomorrow or next week. Btw, Enchanted is going to be on tv this week.

Maddie, congrats to your team.

Dora, how are you? I hope you get it done without dozing off. The same happens to me when i have to edit superboring stuff.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

Veronica I also wouldn't mind some heat. Granted I spend most of the time inside in front of the heater, but I can feel the cold just by looking through the window... So I'd gladly accept some if anyone has to spare some warmth

I wanted to be done with the translation today but at 6.30pm I just couldn't anymore so I left the rest for tomorrow. I've finished the longest file though so that means only a few smaller ones left for tomorrow...

Anyway, the guy is online so will go spend some quality time on FB

to everyone

Dora

"Freedom"is having the right to live as you choose. It's not the right to choose how everyone else lives - JVDB
I am fighting for you, Ziva - Tony & Ziva
Old 01-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well speaking of being freezing....try sitting in the bucketing rain, strong winds, no hood or hat and a soacking scarf and jacket...to watch a football match. That was me. Well for about 45 minutes and then i decided I'd had enough and was ready to leave the game and just go shopping or home. I ended up watching the game on the screen in the concourse of the stand until there were about 10 minutes left and then I went shopping and bought new jumpers!!!! Which was great.

Veronica, you could set yourself a challenge of more than 50 books. I think I will be able to do 50 no problem...depending on when and how long my "not in a book" mood rears it's head. Sometimes months, sometimes weeks. Some people are setting themselves a challenge of how many pages they will read.

Jen, I finished Breaking Dawn at 2am this morning. In the end I really enjoyed it.

Maddie, I think there were sometimes I had to really force myself to keep reading Wicked. It was kinda weird but I hope that the follow up is easier to get into.

I did buy some new books today, the supermarket had some books on 2 for £7 so I bought Pitch Black by Alex Gray...the books are set in Glasgow and I love them just for that fact, always reading them and picturing locations and stuff. The other was The Reader by Bernhard Schlink.

Cris and Dora.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Karen, that didnt sound like too much fun. At least you have the new jumpers to make you forget everything else.

I think i do better without setting goals. Even reading would feel like an assignment if i tell myself that i have to finish X number of books. Ive got The Appeal too. Ive been meaning to read it, but i buy too many books at the same time.

I get those 'dont wana read books' mood too. Then i read Mills & Boon. Its light reading and then i can go back to reading better stuff. Some books leave me so stunned and even depressed that im unable to read for a long ime. It happened when i read a A thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. Last year i was in a major Paulo Coelho mood. I read all his books last year.

Dora, hope you're done with the translation, and that you didnt have to drown yourself in coffee to get it done. Its great that things are going so good with you and the guy. I send some heat your way, cant send too much, or i'll turn into a chunk of ice.

to all. Hope everyone's doing good.

And girls please go vote on the James survior on the Dawson/JVDB thread on the DC board. The link is in my sig.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:48 AM
Master Fan

Not much time to catch up, but did anyone, anyone, catch the Golden Globes last night? Cause this is probably the sweetest platonic love declaration I've ever seen from one actor to another:

YouTube - Kate Winslet WINS the Golden Globe for Best Actress Drama
(starts around 3:55)

And Leo had tears in his eyes - aw!

That aside, so happy Kate finally won. So very, very deserved.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
Old 01-12-2009, 05:39 AM
Elite Fan

I haven't watched the Golden Globes, Nora. I completely forgot, so thank you for the clip. I love Kate and it's very deserved indeed. Her declaration was really beautiful. I do want to watch the movie when it comes out here.

everyone

Old 01-12-2009, 07:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didnt watch the ceremony but i saw clips from it on the news. Im was so happy with Kate's double truimph. I havent seen the movies, but sure will when they play in my country. Her speech was so sweet, i almost cried when she says - "I have loved you with all my heart." to Leo.

How is everyone today?
Old 01-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Elite Fan

I'm fine, Veronica. What about you?

BTW, where do you live?