Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-06-2009, 06:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm good, although I wish I had even a few more days off...I got used to not having to be at the computer all the time and just enjoying myself (although the 13-hour bus ride each way is definitely for the younger generation )

Started working again yesterday, most people resumed work yesterday anyway so it's back to the usual routine. I did write some invoices for my work in December (as a translator you normally have to do your job first and then get paid...) so that was pleasant in a sense that I'll be getting some finances on my account

Haven't gotten to talk to the guy much yet as he's also back to work so we can only talk for a short while and in the evening we're both knackered, will have to catch up properly again during the weekend He did say he'd suggest another night meeting if I wasn't sick (I picked up a cold in Brussels so am not feeling too well atm) So I guess things are back to normal...

Oh, shopping, what are you planning to buy?

Haven't watched neither Wall-E nor Kung-fu panda, should probably check them out, I wish I had more time to go to the movies these days...I also still have to see Australia, anyone seen that? My parents loved it...

Dora

"Freedom"is having the right to live as you choose. It's not the right to choose how everyone else lives - JVDB
I am fighting for you, Ziva - Tony & Ziva
Old 01-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, feel better soon Dora. I bet writing the invoices made you forget about the cold for a while at least.

I cant stand bus-rides, i can drive, take a train, plain, boat, ship, cycle but not a bus. It just churns my insides so bad that i feel sick for a long time after ive gotten off the darn bus.

Im so glad that you have something great to look forward to at weekends. Now only if some hot dude would miraculously appear at my door, i would be a happy girl. Seriously whats wrong with the men these days? The only few who manage to pass as decent are either married, gay or too daft to notice that you're crushing hard on them.

I really wana watch Australia too. Its playing in the theatres here, so i'll catch it over the weekend.

Hmm, what else, oh, shopping, i went lingerie shopping. And bought some lip gloss and eye pencils, even though i hardly wear any make-up, i love hoarding.

to all.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The movie Australia doesn't really have me running to the cinema. I don't know why.

Veronica, what song was that you mentioned on the last page?

Dora. how exotic. "I picked up a cold in Brissels" Feel better. I am trying to avoid catching it, but it doesn't help when everyone around me in coughing.

I got a new coat today in the sales. Yay me.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was I promise you that by Westlife. It was on the deluxe version of one of their albums. I LOVE that song.

There isnt any other movie playing at the cinema and i am keen on watching this one. How are the reviews for Australia btw? Anyone know?

Ive had a cold since New Years. Its impossible not to fall sick in this season.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

Karen a friend commented on that saying that nothing good ever comes from Brussels anyway Nothing too exotic about the cold though, am afraid, coughing and blowing my nose as usual...

Veronica oh, lingerie shopping...bet there'll be a guy at your door in no time as well I promise you that is also one of my fave WL songs, it always helps when I feel down...and I remember I got that deluxe WOOO CD Asian version years ago when I was still a very obsessed fan..it must still be around here somewhere...I loved that they had karaoke videos as well on it...

Hope you feel better again soon

I watched Miracle on 34th street on TV again for the upteenth time...even though I know it by heart, still watch it every season

And nope no idea about the reviews regarding Australia, I only saw that it was on in our cinemas and saw a trailer play in the cinema. I love Baz Luhrmann's movies though so I am assuming it is great, especially with the cast...

Dora

"Freedom"is having the right to live as you choose. It's not the right to choose how everyone else lives - JVDB
I am fighting for you, Ziva - Tony & Ziva
Old 01-07-2009, 06:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Blowing my nose is the most annoying part of getting a cold. Evn yesterday, when I was at the mall, I still wanted to shop some more, but my nose was all clogged and so i rushed home soon, only to blow my nose.

Ah, i didnt know that I Promise You That was on the Asian version of the deluxe WOOO album. I loved those karoake versions too, Dora. I love singing along, so it was perfect, my sis and i would sing along for hours.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well i finished watching Enchanted tonight. I love that movie.

Veronica, I think someone mentioned to me something about reading a bad review for Australia, but I can't recall where it was.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Elite Fan

Aw Deb, so sorry about your cat
We lost ours last year and it was hard. My parents didn't want another pet, but my sister recently adopted a little cat. She ended up conquering us all.
And hope your back is fully recovered. Remember Chandler, no gym!

Karen, I loved Enchanted as well. Didn't think I would, but the movie is so great. But never watched Wall-E or Kung Fu Panda.

Oh, I can't believe we're on Summer and it's damn cold in São Paulo. So frustrating
I still hasn't picked my dress for my sis' wedding, but I hope in February the weather is a little bit more regular, you know? Otherwise I'll freeze by the altar

Old 01-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cris, I'll trade my weather for yours and i bet I'd be better off for it.

Today was one of those days at work. During the course of the day i tend to only send about 10 e-mails. I sent 31. My head was swimming from about 10.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Elite Fan

Thank-you for the condolences everyone Animals sure do work their way into your heart.
And my back is a bit better every day although the physio has banned me from the gym for at least another week. YAY! I have an excuse.

I've heard mixed things about Australia, though I want to see it before it leaves the big screen. It's meant to be visually stunning.

Cris, I'm sending you some heat!

Karen, sounds as though you had a tough day. Try on your new coat for a little pick-me up
Old 01-09-2009, 07:20 AM
Master Fan

Deb, your icon is love. Ah, there's nothing like old school DC.

Sorry for the OT in the OT.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
Old 01-09-2009, 09:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

GOOOOOOOOO GATORS!!!!! I'm so excited! My favorite College team won the 2008 National Championship last night. I've been on cloud nine ever since!

Cris - Still cold, huh? I'm sorry...hope it warms up for you guys soon. I'm in Florida and if it makes you feel any better, it's been getting pretty cold here at night too. Blah!

Veronica - I hope you feel better soon!

I haven't really had the desire to see Australia either, now that some of you guys have mentioned it. I think it's because the previews that I've seen seem to be so vague I'm kinda like, "whatever".

avi: Beatriz
Old 01-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Maddie, why are you sympathizing with Cris? I'm getting temperatures in the minus'. Although i don't know if Cris is as well, but I doubt it

Congrats to your team too Maddie.

Thanks Deb. I feel better today. Right now i am reading 2 books and both should b done this weekend.

Is anyone else doing the 50 boo challenge on the book thread?
Old 01-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Elite Fan

Karen, Maddie needs to sympathize with me, it's summer here!
Well, I'm happy cause we had a beautiful and hot day... hope this continues

Maddie, congrats to your team

Two books, Karen? Which ones, btw? I have so many to read...I started two and ended up reading none

I don't know anything about the book challenge...

Old 01-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's on the book board Cris. I've set the target of 50 books but i hope to do more. I'm reading The Appeal by John Grisham and have about 20 pages left and 100 pages left of Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer.

I'm in my reading phase at the moment as you can see. Breaking Dawn was too big to take to work with me all the time as it's 750 pages and hard back.