Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2018, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
Very much so.

Maybe it's just because we've seen so little of him but I feel like Danny might be involved in all of this somehow. The more we see of Olive the more it makes sense how she gravitates to him. I think we were speculating before that he was using Olive to get close to Grace but I have this theory that maybe it has nothing to do with Grace ... he might be jut trying to stay close to the family so he has access to Cal and Ben in a roundabout way.

I also totally forgot to mention that I agree on the weirdness of Lourdes not being at the hospital. Little lines like "she's out of town for work and is on her way home" or even "she stepped out to get a cup of coffee" would go a long way. Also agree that why can't Ben and Cal and Michaela live with their dad? These are little things that I so wish the writers would think of.
I so believe Danny is part of this conspiracy. His fascination with Olive is too weird otherwise. And remember she knew Cal was alive, and she was having nightmares. I think he was there to spy on them much like Autimn is doing now with Ben. But maybe not and he was just that into wanting Grace that he would use her daughter to stay close.

And yes to all of that about Lourdes and Papa Stone. Plot devices that hurt the characters
Old 12-01-2018, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I kind of want Danny to be a part of it just because it would give him a real purpose, but I can't see it.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-01-2018, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The writers screwed up just by having all of this happen so fast-too much pressure to have a BIG shocker as their mid-season finale at the expense of common sense and Grace's character.
And, Cal left the house of his own free will, on purpose. He refused to leave the scene...and a kid this smart and opinionated would NOT have let his Dad leave that house without a fight!
And I kinda agree that after all that had happened that day alone, Grace would be very upset, to say the least. But ya don't kick your husband out without giving him time to explain and as I keep saying, Cal would have defended him.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:15 PM
Master Fan

I really can't stand Grace never did and I dislike her even more now. Why did they write her so badly?

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Old 12-02-2018, 08:25 AM
Elite Fan

Grace’s character has been sacrificed to give Ben consequences and angst. I think it is too early in the series for Ben and Grace to be over for good unless Athena was just contracted for one year. She’s too high on the Call sheet to be shelved in the back half. So she might be riding off into offscreensville playing happy family with Danny, and only interacting when Ben stops by to see the kids. But I doubt it.

Will they “redeem” her and reunite them or go the path of having him hook up with Saanvi? I do not know. Personally, I have seen the Ben/Saanvi type storyline so many times that it just does not interest me that much. I can see the chemistry but there are so many other shows with similar stories. The two of them are so perfect for each other that they would have zero internal conflict and very little external conflict. That lack of conflict is why I would prefer the more complicated path of saving a marriage between two people who want different things than the safe path. If they do Benvi, I hope it is not until the very end since they have no obstacles. Or a Ben/Lourdes rebound relationship would interest me for the simple reason that it is complex. It is all about an interesting story.

I also think it is too early in the series for Jared and Michaela to be happy. Whether it is Lourdes being pregnant or something else, their having no internal conflict or external conflict since he is already accepting of everything makes it unlikely they will be together already.

That said, the relationships for each Stone sibling other than with each other and with Cal, that interest me the most are Ben/Olive and Michaela/Lourdes because they are the most complex. So I am not that chuffed either way with the romantic ones becaue all the ones I want to see will be more complicated if things stay as they appear.

And as far as endgame ships, I am Ben/Happiness, Michaela/Happiness and supporting the Stone Twins. Whatever the writers decide that to be.

Last edited by Austenphile; 12-02-2018 at 09:34 AM
Old 12-02-2018, 09:55 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightfan14 (View Post)
The writers screwed up just by having all of this happen so fast-too much pressure to have a BIG shocker as their mid-season finale at the expense of common sense and Grace's character.
And, Cal left the house of his own free will, on purpose. He refused to leave the scene...and a kid this smart and opinionated would NOT have let his Dad leave that house without a fight!
And I kinda agree that after all that had happened that day alone, Grace would be very upset, to say the least. But ya don't kick your husband out without giving him time to explain and as I keep saying, Cal would have defended him.

I think they did that to keep us guessing and wanting more when the show comes back in Jan. Other than all of these reality shows, a several weeks-long break could be bad and they have get viewers back into the game in Jan.
Old 12-02-2018, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They do In some ways it's a good thing that they have to try so hard, it makes them up their game.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-02-2018, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree that it was too quick to jump to Ben moving out. Maybe a night on the couch first guys
Old 12-03-2018, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just got around to watching this.

It was a great episode. I loved that all the passengers were affected by the torture this time, and the callings are getting even more intense with more hallucinations. Cal has a serious connections to all of this. The science fiction side of this has got me totally hooked.

I loved the brother/sister scenes we got this episode especially at the end.

I'm not a Grace fan, so her character being erratic didn't matter much to me, I'm more surprised they didn't split up sooner. Grace has made it clear to me that she's only invested in Cal and not Ben. I was surprised everyone thought it was okay to kick him out onto the street. Does he not own part of the house and the debts they have are joint, too?

I assumed Michaela would leave the house too once he left.

I'm sad about the loss of Vance, but we never saw what happened to him, so I'm not counting him out just yet.

I didn't see the double agent thing, I was totally fooled!

All the time Michaela was at the hospital and holding Jared's hand, I was wondering where his wife was...
Old 12-04-2018, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana (View Post)
I just got around to watching this.

It was a great episode. I loved that all the passengers were affected by the torture this time, and the callings are getting even more intense with more hallucinations. Cal has a serious connections to all of this. The science fiction side of this has got me totally hooked.

I loved the brother/sister scenes we got this episode especially at the end.

I'm not a Grace fan, so her character being erratic didn't matter much to me, I'm more surprised they didn't split up sooner. Grace has made it clear to me that she's only invested in Cal and not Ben. I was surprised everyone thought it was okay to kick him out onto the street. Does he not own part of the house and the debts they have are joint, too?

I assumed Michaela would leave the house too once he left.

I'm sad about the loss of Vance, but we never saw what happened to him, so I'm not counting him out just yet.

I didn't see the double agent thing, I was totally fooled!

All the time Michaela was at the hospital and holding Jared's hand, I was wondering where his wife was...
I did not think it was ok for Grace to kick Ben out! I've been ranting and raving ever since I saw the show.
Michaela said to Ben at the end that they would find a place. So, to me that says she would stay with her brother, wherever that ends up being.
I also like the science fiction aspect of the callings-it's very
I agree too that the hospital scene was a tad weird. His wife would have been the one allowed in to see Jared-they only let family members in if someone is in danger of dying in ICU. And when he said "Stay with me" I was a little surprised. I like them and would like to see them together but once again-too fast.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightfan14 (View Post)
I did not think it was ok for Grace to kick Ben out! I've been ranting and raving ever since I saw the show.
Michaela said to Ben at the end that they would find a place. So, to me that says she would stay with her brother, wherever that ends up being.
I also like the science fiction aspect of the callings-it's very
I agree too that the hospital scene was a tad weird. His wife would have been the one allowed in to see Jared-they only let family members in if someone is in danger of dying in ICU. And when he said "Stay with me" I was a little surprised. I like them and would like to see them together but once again-too fast.
Exactly. Yet his whole family didn't even question it. I know plenty of couples who have split up, but none of have kicked one of them out on to the street.

The hospital scenes were a bit creepy, knowing that really he was wanting someone other than his wife to be with him.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Grace just gets more and more unlikeable and I want it to change but don't think it can. Michaela is loyal to her brother to the end and it's perfect.

Quote:
I agree too that the hospital scene was a tad weird. His wife would have been the one allowed in to see Jared-they only let family members in if someone is in danger of dying in ICU.
That's the norm, but hospitals always treat police (and the fire service) differently. They always let the partner and/or supervisor in at least. Seems to be an unspoken understanding that in certain professions colleagues are treated like family in terms of visiting. The hospital let her in as his partner, they don't know the history.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-05-2018, 04:53 PM
New Fan

I really hope Grace goes away with Danny and we never hear from her. She’s a horrible horrible person for kicking Ben to the curb and taking him away from Cal. Ben is right, he is the only one that is able to take care of Cal.
Old 12-05-2018, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Him, and possibly Michaela and Saanvi. Grace, not so much.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-08-2018, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was surprised when Grace insisted on Cal staying that Ben didn't fight to keep him more.

It does make her unlikable unfortunately, as she was being so selfish, and over a fairly minor issue too. It makes you think she doesn't want the marriage to work and never did. You don't kick someone out everytime you have an argument, or no marriage will ever last.