Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2018, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
so many things about this episode pissed me off. lot of you made some good points though. i think ben's wife might be bi polar or something cuz she is all over with her mood swings and how she feels about him. she had no right to kick him out of the house like that and tell him she isnt going to lose her son a second time. i wish ben would just explain to her about their connection to the flight. maybe she would understand more.
The thing is, he keeps trying to explain and she keeps repeatedly shutting him down. She's not interested, she just wants to be right.

Quote:
im glad jared is going to be ok. he needs to end things with lourdus. was she even called to the hospital? why wasnt she there ? i hope this weird triangle between them ends. when mick moves out i hope its with ben or with her dad.
Michaela referenced that she was on her way, but it's stupid how long it took her to get there. Where was she coming from? Europe?

Also Michaela said she and Ben would get a place, and tbh even if Jared did end things with Lourdes (which he absolutely needs to do regardless of Michaela because his heart isn't in it), I don't necessarily think Michaela should jump into anything with him. She's not in a place where she can deal with that yet, imo. She needs to focus on herself and re-building life on a whole, not one relationship. Things with her dad and Olive especially should come first.

Quote:
True but maybe they are both trying to PROTECT their Dad from all this weirdness...they don't know what's going on half the time and who or what caused the plane to disappear.
Maybe, but shouldn't protecting Olive and Cal been more important? And living with him doesn't necessarily mean telling him anything.

Quote:
why didn't Ben defend himself?
Probably knew i wouldn't make much of a difference.

Quote:
I have a question-the skinny dude that was running the experiments-I thought I saw him lying there dead after the explosion...did he get away? I need to watch this ep again.
Pretty sure he's dead. We saw him when Michaela went in looking for Jared. I think the plant was texting Fiona. I really don't trust her.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-28-2018, 05:19 AM
Elite Fan

The writing for Grace could have been so much better. The valid points she has about things get lost because it feels she is just waffling back and forth in the wind between the two men, or at least waffling between being angry with Ben or wanting to sleep with him. And not even listening to what Ben says about what is happening as if she is in denial.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

She makes her own points invalid by only considering herself when she makes them, tbh. When she kicked Ben out and decided Cal was staying with her, she was considering only herself. When she was annoyed at Ben for leaving the hospital, her first consideration was once again, herself. She doesn't seem to have any interest in anything Ben has to say or even care about the impact her decisions could have on others. It's really off putting.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-28-2018, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

I understand Grace's frustration I really do, but are they really enough to kick Ben out of the house?

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
Old 11-28-2018, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

According to her, yes

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-28-2018, 02:59 PM
Elite Fan

The scene was posted on twitter so I rewatched. To be fair, and I missed it the first time, Ben suggested leaving first. She just said I don’t think this is right anymore. It was not until after he wanted to take Cal that she screamed at him to go.

But she still made it all about her. And apparently he had told her everything because she knew about the assault weapons and the explosions but she just did not get it because she was only focusing on her own pain.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It was still all about her. Cal didn't get any consideration. Neither did Olive.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-28-2018, 03:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
It was still all about her. Cal didn't get any consideration. Neither did Olive.
Yep.

Hasn’t everything been though? Even before the plane? She was mad Ben robbed her of her time with Cal. She was mad he shut her out while researching curse for Cal’s cancer so she shut him out. I would have been thrilled my husband was that set on saving our son. She neglected Olive to wallow in her own pity. Even when she decided she had to get herself together for Olive, it was never about Olive missing her Dad and brother. Danny made everything about her so she liked having him around.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep. Those kids have been through so much, and in Olive's case, a lot of it was avoidable if Grace had stepped up to prevent it. Now she's just making it worse.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-28-2018, 03:29 PM
Elite Fan

She reminds me of my grandma. I get where she is coming from but there’s a lot of self centered mess. To be fair though we do not know what Ben was like before the plane. We just have seen a couple of his own memories. But I think he has become a much better caring person afterwards from what we have heard from Michaela and even their mom.

Last edited by Austenphile; 11-28-2018 at 03:35 PM
Old 11-28-2018, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think just from seeing the glimpses of him we've got, we know he was never a bad person. I question everything about Grace, especially with her seeming to have a problem with Ben being focused on their sick son pre-plane. She should understand that she's not going to be a priority at that moment, that being a problem for her feels so off to me.

I want to believe there's an explanation for her behaviour.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-28-2018, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Wasn't it implied that they had marital problems before the plane? I suppose Ben has tunnel vision when it comes to wanting to save Cal.

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
Old 11-28-2018, 03:46 PM
Elite Fan

It was implied they were still in love but having problems because he was too focused on Cal.

But it was also implied and even shown the first few episodes that he could be a bit of a jerk.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's not possible for him to be too focused on his sick child, imo.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-28-2018, 04:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
It's not possible for him to be too focused on his sick child, imo.
Completely agree and I have been there so focused on keeping a child alive that you lose sight of everything, including your other child. That conversation with Olive in the Pilot Ben had was so true. And listening to Grace’s calculations, Cal was sick for two years before that trip. That takes a toll on any marriage so it would be surprising they were not having problems.