Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2023, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM's❤︎Sweetheart (View Post)
Still love that movie. I love feel good movies like this though. It was part of a really good Disney era. Did you enjoy it?
I loved it; it was a great choice for tonight. I'm so glad we watched it!
Old 07-08-2023, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I’m glad you enjoyed it! I hope you enjoy the rest of your night.
Old 07-08-2023, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Same to you!
Old 07-12-2023, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

How's your week going?
Old 07-13-2023, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's going okay-ish, it started out really stressful, as you know I wasn't feeling well on Saturday well I woke up on Sunday to find out my oldest cat was horribly sick and throwing up everywhere! So on top of being sick myself I had to deal with the stress and anxiety of my poor cat not doing well and not knowing what to do because vets here don't open on Sunday and there's only one vet hospital nearby who we've already had a not so great experience with, and actually after our not so great experience we heard a legit horror story about them so we prefer not to go to them if we can help it, so my mom and I were stressing out trying to figure out what we could do for my cat and also what could have caused him to get sick cause he'd been perfectly fine before we went to bed. Turns out it was their food!! My mom saw my youngest cat eat and then get sick and that's how she put two and two together, it was a brand new bag of food so we don't know what was wrong with it but we got rid of it, washed their plates and opened a new bag, and I gave him a belly rub with a little bit of olive oil cause I used to do that when he was a kitten (advice from my great grandma that works for both humans and animals!) and thankfully those things worked, he stopped tossing his cookies and now he's back to his normal self. But it was just awful to see my poor baby so sick

All that stress made it so I woke up feeling crappy on Monday, then a horrible time of the month on Tuesday in which I could only sleep, and it's only yesterday that I started to feel human again but still tired

There is, however, one exciting thing....I got a kindle!!!! I almost didn't because the price was still a bit much even with the Prime Day discount but then I remembered I had a gift card I had not used! I have to wait till late August to get it but it doesn't matter, I'm excited and this gives me plenty of time to look at cute stickers

It's been an eventful week How has yours been??
Old 07-13-2023, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared ❤︎ Jensen (View Post)
It's going okay-ish, it started out really stressful, as you know I wasn't feeling well on Saturday well I woke up on Sunday to find out my oldest cat was horribly sick and throwing up everywhere! So on top of being sick myself I had to deal with the stress and anxiety of my poor cat not doing well and not knowing what to do because vets here don't open on Sunday and there's only one vet hospital nearby who we've already had a not so great experience with, and actually after our not so great experience we heard a legit horror story about them so we prefer not to go to them if we can help it, so my mom and I were stressing out trying to figure out what we could do for my cat and also what could have caused him to get sick cause he'd been perfectly fine before we went to bed. Turns out it was their food!! My mom saw my youngest cat eat and then get sick and that's how she put two and two together, it was a brand new bag of food so we don't know what was wrong with it but we got rid of it, washed their plates and opened a new bag, and I gave him a belly rub with a little bit of olive oil cause I used to do that when he was a kitten (advice from my great grandma that works for both humans and animals!) and thankfully those things worked, he stopped tossing his cookies and now he's back to his normal self. But it was just awful to see my poor baby so sick

All that stress made it so I woke up feeling crappy on Monday, then a horrible time of the month on Tuesday in which I could only sleep, and it's only yesterday that I started to feel human again but still tired

There is, however, one exciting thing....I got a kindle!!!! I almost didn't because the price was still a bit much even with the Prime Day discount but then I remembered I had a gift card I had not used! I have to wait till late August to get it but it doesn't matter, I'm excited and this gives me plenty of time to look at cute stickers

It's been an eventful week How has yours been??

Wow!! You have your hands full hun. I’m so sorry you went though all this sorry with your furbabies!! But I’m so glad they are doing better now. There is nothing worse than worrying about your furbabies!!! I’ve done that SO much these last few years, because before my old gal passed she was sick SO much. Now I just got my youngest pup fixed today, and just picked her up and she’s SO mad at me. Poor girl is just not happy, hurting from her surgery, and just seems so out of it from the meds. I was besides myself being without her most of the day, I just wanted my baby back home with me. Worrying about our pets is the worst!!! But I’m just so glad your furbabies are much better now. I hope you start feeling better from the stress of it all too!

New kindle!! Which one did you get? Why do you gotta wait till august for it??

Aside from stressing over my furbaby, my week is been ok… celebrated my moms birthday on Tuesday, and asides from that mainly just been relaxing at home. I’ve had lots of anxiety and some depression lately, so I’m just utterly exhausted and not sleeping much. My dad announced this afternoon that his doctor wants him to move to a lower elevation ASAP because of his COPD and heart, and my dad decided he wanted to live where my brother and sister do. Problem is, it's the place I hate the most and I feel like I'm morning now... I don't want to live somewhere that hurts my heart so much because I hate it, but it's the ONLY place my dad will consider because since his health isn't good, he wants to be around as many of his kids and grandkids with what time he does have. Which I completely get! I want that for him, but I don't want that for me you know? It's just hard..

Last edited by JDM's❤︎Sweetheart; 07-13-2023 at 04:15 PM
Old 07-13-2023, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Wow!! You have your hands full hun. I’m so sorry you went though all this sorry with your furbabies!! But I’m so glad they are doing better now. There is nothing worse than worrying about your furbabies!!! I’ve done that SO much these last few years, because before my old gal passed she was sick SO much. Now I just got my youngest pup fixed today, and just picked her up and she’s SO mad at me. Poor girl is just not happy, hurting from her surgery, and just seems so out of it from the meds. I was besides myself being without her most of the day, I just wanted my baby back home with me. Worrying about our pets is the worst!!! But I’m just so glad your furbabies are much better now. I hope you start feeling better from the stress of it all too!

New kindle!! Which one did you get? Why do you gotta wait till august for it??

Aside from stressing over my furbaby, my week is been ok… celebrated my moms birthday on Tuesday, and asides from that mainly just been relaxing at home. I’ve had lots of anxiety and some depression lately, so I’m just utterly exhausted and not sleeping much. My dad announced this afternoon that his doctor wants him to move to a lower elevation ASAP because of his COPD and heart, and my dad decided he wanted to live where my brother and sister do. Problem is, it's the place I hate the most and I feel like I'm morning now... I don't want to live somewhere that hurts my heart so much because I hate it, but it's the ONLY place my dad will consider because since his health isn't good, he wants to be around as many of his kids and grandkids with what time he does have. Which I completely get! I want that for him, but I don't want that for me you know? It's just hard..

There really is nothing worse, it makes me feel so helpless and like a pet mom cause they can't tell me what's wrong. Poor puppy! It's for the best that she got spayed sadly it's not something they understand, hopefully, she'll be feeling better tomorrow once the drugs wear off and she'll be less mad. In the case of my animals treats always work in gaining favor! Thanks

I got the green Kindle paperwhite I have no clue my best guess is that since they're in such high demand right now that they're backlogged with all the orders

I totally get where you're coming from cause I feel the same way when my mom mentions considering leaving the island it skyrockets my anxiety. It's kind of a crappy situation to be in cause of all the emotions it stirs up, moving is stressful enough without adding possibly moving to somewhere you hate, and obviously you want what's best for your parent especially when they have sacrificed so much for you but it really sucks when their life plan and what would make them happy doesn't line up with your life plan. It's a difficult situation with a lot to process and possibly some hard decisions to make in regard to what's best for the family but also what might be best for you as an individual. I'm sorry you're having to deal with that, it's a lot mentally and emotionally; I hope things get easier, and you and your family are able to come to a decision that works best for everyone
Old 07-13-2023, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
How's your week going?
Good thanks
Old 07-14-2023, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

She’s doing better! Seems to be getting back to herself.

Hmm… definitely could be a back order issue! I got mine during Black Friday sales, and first time it got shipped was a week later, then got lost in transit and had to wait another week. So took 2 weeks! So I can see there being a longer wait time. Ooh green?? They must of released it in colors this year! It was just in black when I got mine. How exciting!!

Thanks hun! I’m just so mentally and emotionally drained and hurt. My dad had always promised me we would never move there, and yet here we are and it’s the only place he wants to be. I’m just wagging a war in myself, because I know I won’t stay there in the long run, and leaving my family and being completely alone has me stressed. But living there is not a future I want for myself you know? I don’t want to be unhappy forever being somewhere I hate.
Old 07-14-2023, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's great!

I considered that it might also have to do with where I live but I changed the address to check and it was the same amount of time. I totally wish that it would get here faster I'm so impatient I would be freaking out if mine got lost in transit! So far they have it in two colors, a pastel-like green, and denim.

That really sucks that he had made you that promise and now you find yourself in this situation. And if I may speak freely it's also not fair to do that to yourself. To force yourself to live somewhere you hate that makes you unhappy just to please your parents cause you have your own life to live and you also deserve to be happy. But I get it, it can be frightening to live alone, and to be away from your family especially when you're so close to them, and also let's be honest in this economy it is so difficult to live by yourself.
Old 07-14-2023, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That's great!

I considered that it might also have to do with where I live but I changed the address to check and it was the same amount of time. I totally wish that it would get here faster I'm so impatient I would be freaking out if mine got lost in transit! So far they have it in two colors, a pastel-like green, and denim.

That really sucks that he had made you that promise and now you find yourself in this situation. And if I may speak freely it's also not fair to do that to yourself. To force yourself to live somewhere you hate that makes you unhappy just to please your parents cause you have your own life to live and you also deserve to be happy. But I get it, it can be frightening to live alone, and to be away from your family especially when you're so close to them, and also let's be honest in this economy it is so difficult to live by yourself.
Oh yes, I was anxiously awaiting my kindle and the books that I wanted to download. So when I got the message that it was “probably lost” and to wait 3 days then request a refund, I was like really?? Nothing like having to wait all over again… I hope yours gets shipped out faster than they are saying though!! It happens, my sister in law got hers much earlier than she was expecting during the holidays. So my fingers are crossed for you!! Are you getting kindle unlimited? Or is it free for so long as part of the promotion?

Yeah I just find myself so dang upset by all this. I had a major breakdown tonight and told them how badly this hurts me. But after bearing my heart, I realized that I was feeling so dang bad because I selfishly wanted my parents with me forever. Problem is after my dad worked hard his whole life, he deserves to be where he wants to be. I know he will be happy, and being around my brother and my brother in law, is what he wants badly. Because as we age, it gets harder to do things you used to. He knows he would have the help, and also be able to watch his grandkids grow up some in the process. I want him to be happy, and if that means my happiness might go out the window for awhile, while I take some time to figure out what I truly want, I will be with my family and try to find some happiness in the time we do have together. However long that may be, and however rough it could be on me. Maybe being around family will change my mind in the end. Because my older sister could be moving a few hours from there, so then all my siblings would be in the same state for the first time since we were young. Even if I disliked it, I might be crazy to leave everyone.
Old 07-14-2023, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hope everyone had a good week!
Old 07-15-2023, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Oh yes, I was anxiously awaiting my kindle and the books that I wanted to download. So when I got the message that it was “probably lost” and to wait 3 days then request a refund, I was like really?? Nothing like having to wait all over again… I hope yours gets shipped out faster than they are saying though!! It happens, my sister in law got hers much earlier than she was expecting during the holidays. So my fingers are crossed for you!! Are you getting kindle unlimited? Or is it free for so long as part of the promotion?

Yeah I just find myself so dang upset by all this. I had a major breakdown tonight and told them how badly this hurts me. But after bearing my heart, I realized that I was feeling so dang bad because I selfishly wanted my parents with me forever. Problem is after my dad worked hard his whole life, he deserves to be where he wants to be. I know he will be happy, and being around my brother and my brother in law, is what he wants badly. Because as we age, it gets harder to do things you used to. He knows he would have the help, and also be able to watch his grandkids grow up some in the process. I want him to be happy, and if that means my happiness might go out the window for awhile, while I take some time to figure out what I truly want, I will be with my family and try to find some happiness in the time we do have together. However long that may be, and however rough it could be on me. Maybe being around family will change my mind in the end. Because my older sister could be moving a few hours from there, so then all my siblings would be in the same state for the first time since we were young. Even if I disliked it, I might be crazy to leave everyone.

Yeah, I'm really hoping the shipping time estimate is wrong and I'll get it faster. No, I got it without kindle unlimited because I ordered it through my mom's account, and I didn't wanna risk my kindle being linked to her account. (even though I literally use her acc all the time and it's no big deal we don't like our electronics being linked )

I think it's fantastic that you opened up to your parents and let them know how you were feeling because communication is so important, and you don't wanna bottle up feelings and have resentment and stuff grow from that it's better when all cards are on the table. And you're right, you never know maybe once y'all are settled there and you're surrounded by your family you'll end up changing your mind and how you feel about the place. I was telling my mom this recently but sometimes in life we want something but it's not what we need, it's not what's going to work for our greatest good. Maybe that's the case with this move, it's not something you want but it is what you need, it's something that will ultimately work for your greatest good.
Old 07-17-2023, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah, I'm really hoping the shipping time estimate is wrong and I'll get it faster. No, I got it without kindle unlimited because I ordered it through my mom's account, and I didn't wanna risk my kindle being linked to her account. (even though I literally use her acc all the time and it's no big deal we don't like our electronics being linked )

I think it's fantastic that you opened up to your parents and let them know how you were feeling because communication is so important, and you don't wanna bottle up feelings and have resentment and stuff grow from that it's better when all cards are on the table. And you're right, you never know maybe once y'all are settled there and you're surrounded by your family you'll end up changing your mind and how you feel about the place. I was telling my mom this recently but sometimes in life we want something but it's not what we need, it's not what's going to work for our greatest good. Maybe that's the case with this move, it's not something you want but it is what you need, it's something that will ultimately work for your greatest good.
I absolutely love the way you put that! It’s been a VERY rough week and even worse weekend depression wise because this whole thing was just tugging me in two different directions. It’s like my heart and mind wagged a battle. I want to be with my family, especially since my dad only has a few years left with his health, and because I just can’t imagine life without my doggies everyday. They are my life! So when I thought of the alternative of being where I love, but being lonely, I realized in the middle of the night that moving with my family
Is where I belong. It may not be what I want, heck I may still hate it, but I would rather be somewhere I hate but with ALL my family, then somewhere I love alone. So while I’m still very anxiety driven right now, because I don’t know how my mental health will be there, it’s almost a sign of relief today in a way after making that decision to move. My family is over the moon excited too. My mom is even making plans for us to rent a beach house with my family there for Thanksgiving, because the ocean is 2hrs from where we will live. Plus it’s my dads birthday the same weekend. So already trying to make fun new memories happen once we get there.

Oh gotcha! Oh I get that, my mom got a basic kindle but not for reading, and it linked to my account. So now all my books also download onto hers and it drives us nuts! Has there been a change in shipping date or no?
Old 07-18-2023, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

It sounds like you have some things to look forward to already! Thanksgiving at the beach sounds fun and different, and I'm sure it'll be lovely for your dad to get to spend his birthday surrounded by the people he loves. The memories we make with those we love is one of the most valuable things we have in this world. It's stressful now but when you get there you'll have some new adventures, and make memories, and you'll have your family around for support.

That is exactly why I don't want it linking to her account cause I don't want my books showing up in her things. Sadly, no But I keep hoping!