Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2023, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Sanctuary (Off Topic) #32: Because talking to each other brightens our day!

o f f t o p i c
Old 06-29-2023, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

TFTNT! Really love the title.
Old 07-01-2023, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

How's your weekend going?
Old 07-01-2023, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm tired, my parents had a busy day today away from home, and won't be back till later. So I had to be up at 5am to be with the pup, and I've been very tired lately due to health stuff. So could use a nap! But otherwise my day has been good. Been relaxing watching movies! How's yours going?
Old 07-01-2023, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hopefully, you can get some rest! Mine was good, I spend it reading.
Old 07-02-2023, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared ❤︎ Jensen (View Post)
Hopefully, you can get some rest! Mine was good, I spend it reading.
I love that! I’ve spent a lot of time reading lately.
Old 07-03-2023, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

There are few things better than spending the day curled up with a book! I love to read and went through a huge reading slump recently so it was extra nice to get back to reading and finish a book
Old 07-03-2023, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
There are few things better than spending the day curled up with a book! I love to read and went through a huge reading slump recently so it was extra nice to get back to reading and finish a book
Heck yes!!
Also I get the same way slump wise! Lately I’ve been all about reading though on my paperwhite kindle tablet. Amazon had a day this last week, where they had hundreds of books for free to download!! All from new and upcoming authors. I downloaded 40 new books plus I have kindle Unlimited. But sometimes I just don’t want to stare at a screen, so I’ll grab a book off my bookcase and just re-read a particular series. I have been an avid reader my whole Life, I love it!!
Old 07-04-2023, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I keep seeing things related to Kindle, and it all makes me so tempted to get my hands on one even though I have the app on my phone There's something so exciting about getting new books! I totally get it cause I'm the same way I love physical books but sometimes I want the convenience of a screen, and sometimes I'll read the same book in both formats like this last book I read I started with the physical copy then tragically the binding broke and it started coming apart so I finished it digitally. Same! My whole family is really big on reading so it's something that has been heavily encouraged since I was a kid. Books and magazines is one of the things my mom never said no to
Old 07-05-2023, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I keep seeing things related to Kindle, and it all makes me so tempted to get my hands on one even though I have the app on my phone There's something so exciting about getting new books! I totally get it cause I'm the same way I love physical books but sometimes I want the convenience of a screen, and sometimes I'll read the same book in both formats like this last book I read I started with the physical copy then tragically the binding broke and it started coming apart so I finished it digitally. Same! My whole family is really big on reading so it's something that has been heavily encouraged since I was a kid. Books and magazines is one of the things my mom never said no to
Up until this past black friday, I only ever had physical books, and the kindle app for my phone! Let me tell you... the paperwhite device in particular is LIFE CHANGING!!! First of all, bigger screen then a phone, NO glare (you can literally read out in the sun and always see your screen), you can change the lighting to be brighter at night, or change it to dark mode. Now that I've had it 6 months, I don't think I could go without it. Yeah I gotta pay the kindle unlimited fee monthly, but it's WAY cheaper than buying multiple books, since the lpublic ibrary typically doesn't have newer ones for quite awhile. But you can also download free books when they have this "load your kindle' event 4 times a year, and you could end up with 100-200 free books a year, and never end up having to pay for the monthly service. Because your device would be FULL of free books to last you a long time.

OMG I am the same way! Reading was my favorite subject in school, and I was that kid that always checked out SO many books weekly at the libary, and as a teenager I was magazine obsessed as well! I bought SO many during my teen years. My mom always encouraged it because most of her life shes been a big reader as well. Just not now with age because her eyesight with age just isn't great anymore.
Old 07-05-2023, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

That all sounds incredible! I love that it can be changed to dark mode because I love dark mode, I find it way easier on my eyes. I am totally keeping an eye out for Kindle prices on Prime day.

I remember my school used to celebrate book week and I loved it cause they would set up tables in the library and sell books, and I would always get at least one and then read it during class because my teacher had a policy that if you finished early you could read, or color, or even nap. This was like 1st and 3rd grade . I did the same! I have literal boxes filled with the magazines I collected through my tween and teen years. And, funnily enough, my mom has binders filled with ones she collected as a young adult.
Old 07-05-2023, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That all sounds incredible! I love that it can be changed to dark mode because I love dark mode, I find it way easier on my eyes. I am totally keeping an eye out for Kindle prices on Prime day.

I remember my school used to celebrate book week and I loved it cause they would set up tables in the library and sell books, and I would always get at least one and then read it during class because my teacher had a policy that if you finished early you could read, or color, or even nap. This was like 1st and 3rd grade . I did the same! I have literal boxes filled with the magazines I collected through my tween and teen years. And, funnily enough, my mom has binders filled with ones she collected as a young adult.
I hope you can get a kindle soon!! Look out for deals for the paperwhite, the newest version is water proof! So if it gets spilled on, or you wanted to read it by the pool or at the beach or something, then you don’t have to worry about it. I don’t live near water, but my dogs and nephews are accident prone. So I got waterproof to be safe. I just love all that it offers! Small enough to fit in my mini backpack purse and take with me if I’m gone for the day too. Also the battery lasts SO long if you download what you want, then keep it in airplane mode. I can go 1-2 weeks between charges, and that’s reading say 2hrs a day at least. So battery rocks!

Oh I loved book fairs at school! It was always so fun. I always did the same, and I read it before it even left the fair.
Old 07-07-2023, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Waterproof is definitely a plus because I have mischievous kitty cats that like to play with their water bowls and walk with their wet paws over everything, and I've also lost count of how many times I've spilled water on myself because I'm too lazy to sit up properly A long battery life is a must for me with all of my electronics!
Old 07-08-2023, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Waterproof is definitely a plus because I have mischievous kitty cats that like to play with their water bowls and walk with their wet paws over everything, and I've also lost count of how many times I've spilled water on myself because I'm too lazy to sit up properly A long battery life is a must for me with all of my electronics!
Girl I feel you! Between my accident prone self, and having dogs that knock over everything while running and playing, I also get stuff with extra protection. It's just a game changer having this! If you read alot, then you gotta get one sometime. Then if you have any questions, I can help you out!

So question! I am having a "staycation" of sorts around the 3 week of August, and it will be for a week. So LOTS of free time, when my doggies allow me. So wanted to know, since summer is typically when we try and "up" our posting a bit, and do posting parties, would you be interested in a posting party/watch party week? Like Sunday-Thursday we could do like 1hr posting party each night sometime, and then Friday, Saturday, we could do a movie watch each night? I'll find out the dates, and let you know if your free?
Old 07-08-2023, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Consider me influenced, I'm getting one at some point and as soon as I do I am letting you know And coming to you with any and all questions

I'm pretty sure I'll be free but totally let me know the dates because that sounds like a blast, and it would give us a huge boost!