Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2023, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM's❤︎Sweetheart (View Post)
That all sounds so confusing! So basically because he’s a middle school teacher, and they off to high school, they said you’re no longer needed?? That’s crap! Feeny has always followed them school to school basically, and also he’s in Shawn’s life as a family friend. He could have come over to visit as friend on the show. Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me!
Agreed! It makes no sense to me there are so many ways they could have kept him around, he could have been like Feeny and keep following the kids to different schools, or become a college professor to explain limited apperances and leave the door open to him becoming a regular again once the kids go to college, he could have appeared as a friend of the family, he could have continued appearing as Shawn's parental figure- and actually the actor had been told just two months prior to being dismissed that in s4 there was going to be more exploration of his relationship with Shawn but then he got the sudden call about his diminished role in s4 and being written off.
Old 08-20-2023, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared ❤︎ Jensen (View Post)
Agreed! It makes no sense to me there are so many ways they could have kept him around, he could have been like Feeny and keep following the kids to different schools, or become a college professor to explain limited apperances and leave the door open to him becoming a regular again once the kids go to college, he could have appeared as a friend of the family, he could have continued appearing as Shawn's parental figure- and actually the actor had been told just two months prior to being dismissed that in s4 there was going to be more exploration of his relationship with Shawn but then he got the sudden call about his diminished role in s4 and being written off.
Exactly!!! No excuses, and he was a fan-favorite... It's not fair to the character of Shawn, I feel like they always wanted to keep him so dang sad.
Old 08-20-2023, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Agreed, it wasn't fair at all and it was such a missed opportunity.

It's time for a new thread, title idea: Because what do you mean the year is almost over
Old 08-20-2023, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Title sounds good to me!
Old 08-20-2023, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

https://www.fanforum.com/f486/sanctu...over-63273753/